My VR performance has degraded any suggestions need help with this

Gun Jam

Hello

I have a noticeable decrease in performance and I cant seem to track down the issue. I know others have had similar issues and was hoping they could offer suggestions about what to check.

1) My over all PC performance does appear to be on point no change.

2) The last change that I can remember that seemed to be the starting point was installing and using tacview. I used it on simple missions and seemed fine. That night  I then when to play syria thought the inferno with a friend online and I was like WTF happened to this thing its a total nightmare. I then figured it needed a pc restart as it had been a few weeks since the last real restart. This made no change. I then figured it was a tacview problem. I shut tacview off no real difference...I then Uninstalled tacview. No real difference. 

3)   Aurelius then posted thread about the new 6900xt vs other GPUs. I then attempted to repeat his test as he described. I have the 8086k @ 5ghz and the  2080ti. I got a test result that was within 1fps avg of his results. This is frustrating because I expected a significant difference due to my apparent crap performance. Now im thinking perhaps the problem doesn't scale due to a significant change in settings which can load different parts as workloads change.

4) Idle CPU loads are 1 to 3%

5) other fairly intensive apps run fine. I get like 45fps all settings maxed out quality super sampling in CP2077 at 1440p its runs smooth all the time.

6)because of 5 and 1 It seems more like a dcs or dcs related software issue.

I have the reverb G2 a 2080ti the i7-8086k 5ghz 32mb ram 3200 (probably) 

Thanks in advance. 

More like C:\Users\[User name]\Saved Games\DCS\fxo and metashaders2 folders.

It's good idea to purge them after every major game update (or any update at all).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I gave this a shot and I found that prerendered frames were set to 1. I set this to 4 as I think thats how I always had it.

It does appear better to the point now that it might have been as good as it was before. I had some "benchmark" data but nothing super precise and it seems to be within that margin.

ALSO the game no longer appears to CTD on first load unless im getting really lucky. It would in the past CTD 9/10 times so far it seems to load normally now. The CTD began when I installed a-10 II.

Thanks!