Mission 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Reflected,

I have also encountered similar issue. I flew almost every where around the lead aircraft and it still did not trigger. (yes I flew right side, left side, behind, in front, below and above still not activated the next trigger), eventually i flew so close to the lead that i touch his aircraft and crash his and mine.

I tried both Stable and Open Beta (both are with latest update), same result.

Now because of this issue I can't even play! Please look into it thank you.

Cheers

I think I know what causes it. There's a trigger zone at the 4/5th of the runway which triggers and 'airborne' condition. It's also the condition of forming up. (If you're close to the lead but on the ground, that's not forming up, right?).

MAYBE you didn't go to this trigger zone? Did you use the runway to take off? Try flying straight until the end of it before you turn out.

I changed the 'airborne' condition to be more forgiving jsut now to avoid such issues, but it'll take time before it makes it to OB.

Edited by Reflected

Dear Reflected,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried again before reading your reply, indeed you are right.

I was having issue initially when I turned toward to form up with the lead aircraft right after I took off from the runway, hence I did not hit the trigger zone along the runway.

So I tried again and flew runway heading for a few more seconds and bingo, I received "Adler Zwo airborne" message and forming up message, and the lead aircraft recognized me straight away.

Well what a fun first mission, I did not expect to have any dogfight with Mustangs so early in the campaign while I was enjoying the sightseeing formation flght with the lead.

Myself and my lead managed to shot down a few Mustangs but my lead has also got hit by Mustangs and took some damages, he managed to land safely and stop at the runway (hopefully not from me as we both targeted the same aircraft and he was in front of me 🙂 ).

Gonna enjoy the rest of the campaign and hopefully no more issue, finger cross!

Cheers

Dear Reflected,

I've finished the campaign, it has pretty good story and very immersive. I played it in VR and that's boosting the immersive to another level.

Did not encounter any more issue, smooth sailing all the way till the end. Also did not suffer any big drop in frame rate.

I do find the ending could be a bit well written as it was ended when I was least expected.

Also, I noticed some of my wingmen flew in "inverted" and in "super slow motion" to Neverland (see attached image)

This happened after I completed the mission objective i mission 11 & 12, this of course does not affect the mission in anyway, just find it funny.

Well done and thanks Reflected!

ps. now I'm playing "Spitfire LF Mk.IX The Big Show Campaign", completed the 1st mission and went for a drink while returning to base 🙂

Screen_210113_214908.png