x52 throttle wont work with FA-18

9mil

x52 (NOT PRO) latest drivers and programming software installed. The throttle quadrant (Z Axis) will NOT function in the game. This throttle does NOT have left and right throttle capability. One throttle only. I have tried to set it to the FA-18 Thrust Axis several times to no avail. Will this X52 work with the FA-18 If so what am I doing wrong

Hi 9mil,

I am using a well aged X52 (not pro) and some older drivers. As you say it has a single axis for throttle. There are 3 potential bindings for the throttle for the F-18, Thrust, Thrust Left, and Thrust Right. You only need to bind the X52 axis to "Thrust". Do not bind it to "Thrust Left" or "Thrust Right". 

I've attached a picture of how things look in my setup screen.

X52 throttle binding.jpg

It should work and only having a single throttle lever is not an issue as long as you have programmed the correct line in the control settings. I was using the Pro version up until 15 months ago with no big issues.

A simple question: have you checked it's use in devices or do you have another sim to check in?

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Here was the problem. You cannot start engines by using the throttle quadrant. You have push RSHIFT+HOME for the right engine @20% and RALT+HOME for the left engine. Once the engines are started the throttle quadrant will work just fine. Thanks for the other info.

It is always difficult to impossible to give proper help if you don't describe the problem properly. You didn't write in the OP you have problem with engine start, as "throttle doesn't work" is by far not equal to "can"t start engine".

Hope you sorted it out now anyways, enjoy. 😇

• 4 weeks later...