[INVESTIGATING]Marking Target via HUD - Possible Bug

RoGaR

Hi altogether.  I cannot mark properly any target for TGP via HUD. If the velocity vector position is higher than -7° < interval -7° to 0°>  the target diamond show up at approx. -7° position. If I put the nose below -7° < eg -10°> the marking is fine. The targeting via HMD works also works fine. 

TGP_BUG3.jpg

TGP_BUG1.jpg

TGP_BUG2.jpg

TGP_HUD_BUG.trk

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [INVESTIGATING]Marking Target via HUD - Possible Bug
  • ED Team

Hi RoGaR

I maybe missing something here, we dont seem to be having any issues in those conditions, can you maybe explain your steps and what you think should happen.

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok...So...
1) SOI is switched to TGP MFD and the VVSLV option is picked. I push the TDC depress... the diamond in the HUD show up where the velocity vector is pointing (Expected Behaviour)  

2) SOI is switched to the HUD ... HMD is on ...Turning my head to the side....I have the piper...I push the TDC depress... the diamond in the HMD show up where I pointed the piper (Expected Behaviour)

3) SOI is switched to the HUD....I dive my nose to -10°...I push the TDC depress... the diamond in the HUD show up where the velocity vector is pointing (Expected Behaviour)  

4) SOI is switched to the HUD....I dive my nose to -3°...I push the TDC depress... the diamond in the HUD show up at the approx -7° position, NOT where the velocity vector is pointing (NON - Expected Behaviour) 

I guess you mean this behaviour? Look at it at 3:45.

If your VV is above - 7 degree, the diamond will appear at - 7 degree. If the VV is below - 7 degree, then the diamond will appear where the VV is pointing.

So, correct as it is, #4 is indeed expected behaviour (even if it is new).

Apologies if misunderstood the question

Edited by Razor18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure if you will find it in any guide, I think it only made it into the sim with the last update (and DCS guides are a bit scarcely updated to be honest). I for one also discovered it in this video, and also tought at first, something is off, but when I asked Matt, he wrote me back this info.

Edited by Razor18
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...