25(A) navigation control panel

Andurula

Does anyone know of an english language source for explaining the navigation control in the Su-25 "A" ?

If that doesn't exist is there anyone that can tell me the labeling for the lights on the control box?  I think I understand, "start position", "destination airport", "approach mode" and the first four waypoints but that is  only half of the lights on the box.

Also, there appears to be only four lights for identifying waypoints set in the mission editor but if the mission has more than four waypoints, the system will continue to cycle me through additional waypoints as I overfly them.   Is this normal in the -25A or has ED added the extra waypoint capacity that the real aircraft doesn't have?

There are 3 NAV modes (hit key "1" to cycle between them):

WAYPOINTS (points to a planned waypoint)

When only the bottom line lights are lit, you're in Waypoints mode.

Light1 = WP1, light 2 = WP2, light 3 = WP3.

RETURN TO BASE (points to a location ahead of an airfield to do a proper approach)

When the "Return mode" (bottom 5th) light is on, you're in Return to base mode.

On the top line, the three first lights correspond to:

1. Takeoff airfield
  2. Planned landing airfield
  3. Other registered airfields

If you don't have a clue which airfield you have selected, watch the axis and distance displayed by the HSI, then use the F10 map.

LANDING (points to an airfield)

When only the top line lights are lit, you're in Landing mode.

The top line lights work the same way as in Return to base mode.

To my knowledge, the top 4th and 5th lights are never lit in DCS.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

It's really nothing fancy:

In top row you have 4 airports and reset button.

In bottom row you have 3 waypoints, return point and the "RO" button I know nothing about.

And yea, in DCS it has magical ability to store all waypoints defined in mission editor.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

On 12/9/2020 at 1:17 PM, Andurula said:

Does anyone know of an english language source for explaining the navigation control in the Su-25 "A" ?

this is an old video, but it explains the 25A navigation very clearly .. Gerry should have been a teacher 😄

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB