Who will win the race between the Mi-24 and the OH-58?

Razorback

4 minutes ago, МаксиM said:

dude. i dont know! I dont try it by myself  "it flies, shoots, but it's still raw" thats what pilotMi8 saied 4-5 months ago. I belive thats mi24 will be relese in 2021Q1

Ah, I tought those were your words as you're a beta tester. My mistake.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Polychop is the one that decides when they release OH-58 Kiowa Warrior, and it is timed only to update day by ED.

But ED decides when they release Mi-24P, and they have now officially announced that AH-64D Longbow is coming in 2021.

AAAAND we are getting KA-50 Black Shark 3 as well.

So we are getting four helicopters at least next year.

The Mi-24P I would believe to be a first with KA-50, Then Kiowa Warrior and lastly Apache. Polychop can be ready to release and only wants to push past winter holidays for support reason, but who knows.

It is difficult to say among those three which one is first and second, but they are competing a lot. Apache can safely be delayed to summer time, as F-16 was as well teased in 2020 video and it came out so late.

But if Mi-24P gets delayed more it will get people frustrated, same thing with "Black shark 3", and people are as well waiting AH-1 to appear back to list with the F-4.

2021 will be year of helicopters, we might even see a Bo-105 at the end or 2022.

KA-50

Mi-24

AH-64

OH-58

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

15 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

Polychop is the one that decides when they release OH-58 Kiowa Warrior, and it is timed only to update day by ED.

But ED decides when they release Mi-24P, and they have now officially announced that AH-64D Longbow is coming in 2021.

The Mi-24P I would believe to be a first with KA-50, Then Kiowa Warrior and lastly Apache. Polychop can be ready to release and only wants to push past winter holidays for support reason, but who knows.

It is difficult to say among those three which one is first and second, but they are competing a lot. Apache can safely be delayed to summer time, as F-16 was as well teased in 2020 video and it came out so late.

But if Mi-24P gets delayed more it will get people frustrated, same thing with "Black shark 3", and people are as well waiting AH-1 to appear back to list with the F-4.

2021 will be year of helicopters, we might even see a Bo-105 at the end or 2022.

KA-50

Mi-24

AH-64

OH-58

My personnal opinion :

For sure : Mi-24 & OH-58 in 2021 but most likely during summer

AH-64 : 2022 (the last video of ED : 2021 and Beyond)

BS3 : this remains a total unknown. We don't have any more info on the Mi-24 since Aug 20 but as far as BS3 is concerned it's a total blank... We can't change anything to that unfortunately.

• Like 2

"It, flies it shoots it's still raw" Please take into account that raw in this sentence has a slightly different meaning than it usually does in english. This is a rough translation from Russian (I believe) In Slavic languages in this context raw, means not done. As in "needs more time in the Oven" type of English idiom. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's completely uncooked as many of you have assumed, just that it is not finished yet. 🙂

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

"It, flies it shoots it's still raw" Please take into account that raw in this sentence has a slightly different meaning than it usually does in english. This is a rough translation from Russian (I believe) In Slavic languages in this context raw, means not done. As in "needs more time in the Oven" type of English idiom. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's completely uncooked as many of you have assumed, just that it is not finished yet. 🙂

Yes, that's right, I thought that in English "Raw" is also used in this sense, but I was wrong, thanks

5 hours ago, Razorback said:

My personnal opinion :

BS3 : this remains a total unknown. We don't have any more info on the Mi-24 since Aug 20 but as far as BS3 is concerned it's a total blank... We can't change anything to that unfortunately.

Katya said that the Apache will be in 2021, I think in the fall, but who knows, and mi-24 in the first quarter

Edited by МаксиM

10 hours ago, Razorback said:

My personnal opinion :

The Mi-24 was suppose to come out 2020 fall as original target, before Covid and all back in spring.

KA-50 was as well meant to come out 2020 end, but was pushed further to 2021 start.

Clouds and new weather system was supposed to come end of 2020, but as well pushed to 2021.

Lots of things seems to be changed from original target timeline as software development typically does.

It is all fine.

Even the Polychop did decide to go for 2021 instead end of the 2020 for the Kiowa Warrior.

This is all fine, because there is just couple weeks left of 2020.... If we would be in January or May of 2020, it could be different case if pushed to 21Q4... But we really have more like a 2-3 months for at least one module...

Seriously, 2021 will be the year of helicopters.

Helicopter fans will have all hands and feets on learning something new whole year.

If all would drop in same month, it would easily be few hundred hole to wallet for many.

I am actually fairly happy for knowing how much there is coming new things in 2021 as likely that year will be awful by obvious reasons...

Alone a KA-50 "BS3" is going to be a major thing. And now add a Kiowa Warrior with support to designate targets for west!

And then bring Mi-24 for a true combat helicopter....

Just makes AH-64 as icing the cake...

Worst case scenario really is all gets out inside 2-3 months.

• Like 1

If I had to choose between the two, I'd have to pick the Hind, just because I suspect EDs module will show up more polished. Like some others have expressed, I need to see the Gazelle get some patching along with implementation of multicrew in the Kiowa to sell me on that module. 

Personally I think we may see the Kiowa first, but the Hind will probably release in a more complete state (multicrew, more bug free, etc). 

14 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Seriously, 2021 will be the year of helicopters.

Helicopter fans will have all hands and feets on learning something new whole year.

We thought that about 2020 as well 😉

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Just now, Don Rudi said:

We thought that about 2020 as well 😉

But in 2020 all were coming at the better end of the year, while now we are going to see whole year extra time to get many modules out (KA-50, OH-58, Mi-24 at least. I don't give AH-64 so much weight).

Kiowa now sounds like it's going to be set way off in the distance of 2021, IF even 2021.

But PC's expectations on release now seem incredibly relaxed and back to "it gets here when it gets here," and there's still a lot to get done.

But, without raising eyebrows it seems like multicrew is a bigger possibility now, and no longer a "not going to happen."

• Like 3

On 12/18/2020 at 8:09 PM, Alligator said:

I believe the Mi-24 is coming before the Kiowa Warrior just because we already have one video of Wags flying it!

I know this isn't too scientific, but it's all I got.

We have a hand full of videos with the PC guys and their affiliates flying the Kiowa, so taking availability of videos seems like a poor choice the base assumptions on.

I watched Casmo's update and chat with Sven from PC yesterday and they said they are tuning the flight model and the module has to go thru Bell for final approval and he made a very strong point on not giving a release date, because there simply are steps involved which are simply out of your hands.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 4:16 PM, Razorback said:

Before the mosquito ?

Or the mosquito will become the last module in 2020 😉

Someone, on this thread I think, said he had read a post from a DCS Representative saying ED were looking at releasing the Mosquito before the Hind. He later tried to find the post but he couldn't. It was news to me as I haven't heard this particular rumour any where else. I guess time will tell... 

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

To be honest, it makes more sense to me. Althought hind being robust and not technology packed as other DCS counterparts (Ka-50 for example) it still has more systems than Mosquito does, and let's not forget helicopter physics are slightly more difficult to program than fixed wing so to me it makes a more sense if Mozzie arrived before the Hind - althought being a first twin engined WW2 prop multirole combat aircraft in DCS, thus making a new milestone for ED.

Edited by SmukY

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, Fri13 said:

KA-50

Mi-24

AH-64

OH-58

I read the list and I have indeed soiled myself. I read it again and soiled myself again.

This list will shut me up for years to come!

Ka-50 (3), AH-64D, OH-58 and MI-24.... oh i just soiled myself!!!!

WHAT ALTERNATE UNIVERSE DID I JUST WAKE UP IN!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Looking forward to sitting in the OH-58s pit.

Not sure if it will have the fabulous visibility of the Gazelle, but looking forward to occupying that PIT in VR.

To Polychops for the future: The Tiger please.

The Tiger.

Please lets get some European know how into this heavy weight equation..

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Have to admit to a Rotorhead like myself, it doesn’t matter which turns up first.   I’m buying them all anyway, I’ll be a fool to even deny that.    But if I had to give an opinion, then I would guess we will likely see the Hind first, purely and simply by the fact it’s an in-house module, so it will have been able to take advantage of the Multicrew code while it was being developed for the Huey, I would guess 3rd party’s would only get access to the code once they know it works fine and has been shown to us all.    

Listening to Cosmo I get the impression the Kiowa is coming along, but there’s still some way to get it right for release.   So maybe June/July if we are lucky.  ( that’s a complete guess on my part by the way and at no point has those times ever been suggested anywhere ) 

The Apache, honestly I’m not expecting that till 2022 at the earliest.    Anything sooner than that will be a huge bonus.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: