Advise on which springs and cams on the MKiii

witwas

Hi Guys,

Recently bought a Gunfighter MKIII with the 10 cm extension. Really like the product. But i am a bit struggling which cams and spring combination to use. I personally like strong recentering but no click around the middle (smooth transition between the axis). I used the aviator and space cams with moderate strong springs but i always get the 'click'. On my previous TM Warthog is never had the 'click' and it is a bit hard to get used to.

Any Advise  

1 hour ago, witwas said:

Hi Guys,

Recently bought a Gunfighter MKIII with the 10 cm extension. Really like the product. But i am a bit struggling which cams and spring combination to use. I personally like strong recentering but no click around the middle (smooth transition between the axis). I used the aviator and space cams with moderate strong springs but i always get the 'click'. On my previous TM Warthog is never had the 'click' and it is a bit hard to get used to.

Any Advise  

Really the only way you will find what feels right to you, is to experiment. Pretty easy to change out springs and cams, just take notes and try different combinations to see what feels best to you.

Perhaps someone will come along that thinks they have theirs setup the way you are describing and can help. But really it does not take that long to change them out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah one #50 is fine for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I really love this stick. Winwing thought that after trying their stick, I would like it more than the VKB, but there is no comparison. While Winwing's stick is a big improvement over the Warthog and their take on the Hornet grip is also superior to TM Hornet grip, I still feel and hear the cams as I cross the center. The VKB is as smooth as butter and still centers almost perfectly even with a 20 cm extension and heavy metal TM grips.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, streakeagle said:

I really love this stick. Winwing thought that after trying their stick, I would like it more than the VKB, but there is no comparison. While Winwing's stick is a big improvement over the Warthog and their take on the Hornet grip is also superior to TM Hornet grip, I still feel and hear the cams as I cross the center. The VKB is as smooth as butter and still centers almost perfectly even with a 20 cm extension and heavy metal TM grips.

:thumbsup:

I am with you there, been using my Mk III hard for 11 months now and it is smooth as can be.

Don B

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 3:19 PM, hipp55 said:

If you do not mind what is the difference between the AVIA H and S It looks like more of a dip in the middle

Thanks

The Avia H (hard center) will have more of a solid center detent feeling than the Avia S (soft center) which feels smoother through the middle but without as strong a feel when you're centered on each axis.  I like the soft center cams myself.