VR Hardware Benchmark late 2020 - Ryzen 2000/5000 - 1080ti vs 3080 vs 6800XT

JayRoc

7 hours ago, Hartsblade said:

@VitS can you please post you in game settings, or are you running the VR pre-set?

Yes, I am using VR preset just for these tests. Overall 6900XT is a beast. For VR, though, its more or less equal to 3080. 3090 is on another level though. But 3090 is 2k euro GPU these days, while 6900XT is around 1400. 

Edited by VitS

10 hours ago, VitS said:

Yes, I am using VR preset just for these tests. Overall 6900XT is a beast. For VR, though, its more or less equal to 3080. 3090 is on another level though. But 3090 is 2k euro GPU these days, while 6900XT is around 1400. 

Just put together a new machine - 5800x and 6900xt. Very happy with the results. I'm running with settings well above preset VR and SS set at 200% on my Index - getting 60 fps on the Channel Map on multiplayer servers.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

40 minutes ago, Hartsblade said:

Just put together a new machine - 5800x and 6900xt. Very happy with the results. I'm running with settings well above preset VR and SS set at 200% on my Index - getting 60 fps on the Channel Map on multiplayer servers.

On Index you might even try running with fixed throttling settings it 30 fps. With that I am able to run 150% with 4xMSAA which completely removes damn jaggies which I hate so much

1 hour ago, VitS said:

On Index you might even try running with fixed throttling settings it 30 fps. With that I am able to run 150% with 4xMSAA which completely removes damn jaggies which I hate so much

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I think I have 2xsAA set now.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

22 hours ago, VitS said:

Not me. Same as before, problems with reprojection.

Try this:

POSSIBLE FIX - It has partially worked for me.

I have downgraded SteamVR to version 1.10.20 as well as WindowsMixedReality for SteamVR to the 20 March 2020 version. It solves the green/red graph spiking stuttering issues but performance is still worse when the game window has focus. At least DCS is now playable with forced motionvector. If you want to downgrade as well you are going to need to either use CheatEngine to re-enable steam's manifest patcher by patching some memory addresses or search github for fifty-six/zig.SteamManifestPatcher. After you do that you can manually download the depots for both SteamVR and Mixed Reality Driver and replace the files.

Ryzen 5 3600x @ GTX 1070 on Samsung Odyssey+

:joystick:

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder

Pedals, TrackIR 4 Pro

On 2/3/2021 at 3:19 PM, VitS said:

Not me. Same as before, problems with reprojection.

Yeah I also got a lot of problems with asw with my oculus rift s and the 6090 XT, it's really fast but only without asw. I don't need asw for now, I just don't understand why it's so choppy compared to my 1080ti. Is this an amd problem in general?

Or will drivers fix this soon?

10 hours ago, Wakkaman said:

Yeah I also got a lot of problems with asw with my oculus rift s and the 6090 XT, it's really fast but only without asw. I don't need asw for now, I just don't understand why it's so choppy compared to my 1080ti. Is this an amd problem in general?

Or will drivers fix this soon?

I didn't own AMD card in years, so no idea if it is general problem. All modern implementations of reprojection (Oculus/Valve/WMR) rely on GPU drivers to predict how objects move. So its most definitely drivers problem. Let's hope AMD will fix it soon. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VitS said:

I didn't own AMD card in years, so no idea if it is general problem. All modern implementations of reprojection (Oculus/Valve/WMR) rely on GPU drivers to predict how objects move. So its most definitely drivers problem. Let's hope AMD will fix it soon. 

Yeah, let's hope they take it serious. If they fix it, I am actually really happy with the 6900xt. I will also send them some feedback that oculus users have the same problem. How do you lock 30fps? Do you use the radeon software? 

K srry peeps, I feel a bit stupid I changed some settings in the amd software, don't know what unfortanely and ASW is butter smooth now. If I know I will share....So for oculus rift s users the amd rx6900XT works smooth with asw.

I hope they solve reprojection quick, at least we know for sure it is indeed capable of good reprojection.

Edited by Wakkaman

6 hours ago, Wakkaman said:

Yeah, let's hope they take it serious. If they fix it, I am actually really happy with the 6900xt. I will also send them some feedback that oculus users have the same problem. How do you lock 30fps? Do you use the radeon software? 

30 fps can be locked in SteamVR for Index and in Oculus Tray Tool for RiftS/Quest2. 

5 hours ago, Wakkaman said:

K srry peeps, I feel a bit stupid I changed some settings in the amd software, don't know what unfortanely and ASW is butter smooth now. If I know I will share....So for oculus rift s users the amd rx6900XT works smooth with asw.

I hope they solve reprojection quick, at least we know for sure it is indeed capable of good reprojection.

Could you screenshot your amd software settings and post it? Would be nice to see if that works with SteamVR too. 

• Like 1

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

21 hours ago, exil said:

Could you screenshot your amd software settings and post it? Would be nice to see if that works with SteamVR too. 

It's actually really smooth. For example if I up my graphics and get around 60 fps, it's not so smooth anymore flying low, then I use asw 45 lock and it's smooth with the usual minor asw effects. 

It proofs AMD can work perfectly with asw or reprojection, they just have to update the drivers. I read everywhere that people have problems with reprojection, it basically doesn't work oke, and when they adress this to amd they don't get any response. That's really really dissapointing, I hope they fix it soon. The advertise they are VR ready...they clearly aren't.

I will buy the hp reverb g2 soon, so I will have the same problem....

BTW I think I locked my fps because I was testing, that's why asw wasn't working smooth. I think that was the problem....but I am not sure.

Here are my settings:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Wakkaman

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JayRoc said:

@Everyone with AMD 6000: Setting your PCIe port to GEN3 solves all the performance issues!

Where ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

44 minutes ago, JayRoc said:

In the BIOS of your mainboard. 

Thanks . Am investigating why Adrenalin and GPU-Z are only reporting PCIE 3.0X2 , even while running -Z rendering test .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

21 hours ago, JayRoc said:

@Everyone with AMD 6000: Setting your PCIe port to GEN3 solves all the performance issues! With AMD CPUs. 

Is that with the latest BIOS (AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.0), latest AMD chipset drivers (2.13.27.501), and latest AMD graphics drivers (21.2.2) ?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I´m not on the latest AGESA since that BIOS is still in beta for Gigabyte Mainboards.

Yes its as fluent as it was while testing. For me it went from 17-18ms to 11-12ms just by changing that setting.

FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | SA342  R5 5600X | 32GB | RX 6800XT | TM Cougar | T-Rudder mk.IV | HP Reverb G2

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle USB standalone MOD

On 2/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, Topo said:

Ok, with an intel CPU there is some benefit in doing so?

No idea. havent read anything and no Intel to test.

@Vits: Whats your Hardware?

On 2/19/2021 at 9:58 AM, Bbow said:

So does this mean that the stuttering/flickering that others have reported is gone now?

Thats what i read from other users and what happened with my setup aswell.

• Thanks 1

FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | SA342  R5 5600X | 32GB | RX 6800XT | TM Cougar | T-Rudder mk.IV | HP Reverb G2

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle USB standalone MOD

I've got another 6900 inbound. Will test and report how it works on my system. 

• Thanks 1

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals