Supercarrier Update for Dec

Devil 505

ED/Bignewey,  any word on what we can expect next or when a new update is coming for the SC?  I am highly looking forward to the briefing room and being able to walk to and from the aircraft.  Any Christmas teasers or new years teasers on the horizon for what we can expect in the future?  It seems to have been quite in the past few months for the most part.

18 hours ago, robert.clark251 said:

ED/Bignewey,  any word on what we can expect next or when a new update is coming for the SC?  I am highly looking forward to the briefing room and being able to walk to and from the aircraft.  Any Christmas teasers or new years teasers on the horizon for what we can expect in the future?  It seems to have been quite in the past few months for the most part.

Walk to and from the aircraft? I highly doubt this is passed concept stage. ED is planning this but it doesn't necessarily mean they've started, and I'm sure this is not high priority, unfortunately. Besides, this feature should be core, not just for the SC. Regardless, I am with you. I am highly looking forward to this as well.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Same, different frequencies for Marshall and Tower etc. Correct marshal names for respective ships, maybe more voices.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Walking back and forth between briefing room and aircraft?  Get pretty tedious after the second time.  Hopefully an option in settings to skip it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team

Hi all,

A large amount of work is going into the ready room and air boss deck. This is an all new tech we are putting into DCS and it will take time. As soon as we are ready we will share more news.

thank you

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

A large amount of work is going into the ready room and air boss deck. This is an all new tech we are putting into DCS and it will take time. As soon as we are ready we will share more news.

thank you

Any word on performance with shadows on?

thanks 

13 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

thank you

That's great and all, but honestly, everyone would be happier if the current issues were dealt with first, IMO. Issues related to flight ops, such as fixed ATC, different frequencies, fixed ICLS (always gives a very low glidescope), light wands... I had to use NVGs on the deck the other day, just to see the crew signals.

Oh and an IFLOLS overlay option would be nice, so we don't need to mod it. I think it's the number 1 requested feature.

Edited by Harker
  • Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Harker said:

That's great and all, but honestly, everyone would be happier if the current issues were dealt with first, IMO. Issues related to flight ops, such as fixed ATC, different frequencies, fixed ICLS (always gives a very low glidescope), light wands... I had to use NVGs on the deck the other day, just to see the crew signals.

I understand, but you are asking for some things here that require a lot of development and will take time. The team is aware of what needs to be done and have all the information to make the best decision for priorities.

ATC is a huge task and will get worked on more next year.

work on ACLS, early next year if all goes to plan. 

Light wands have been requested but are lower priority currently than other work.

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Appreciate the big stuff and understand big projects take longer... though small steps would go a long way to the showing progress in the meantime. Night wands should be relatively easy low hanging fruit. Adding another freq and box in the mission editor for tower another (even if perhaps temporary while waiting for larger ATC project). 

Edited by Uxi
  • Like 2

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

2 hours ago, Uxi said:

Night wands should be relatively easy low hanging fruit.

Maybe its not that easy, only the devs know. Although it would for sure be easier to add them then an airboss station/briefing room.

Anyway, +1 for pusing the wands up the priority list. Thats really the only thing missing from an otherwise awesome night carrier experience.

• Like 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

9 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I understand, but you are asking for some things here that require a lot of development and will take time. The team is aware of what needs to be done and have all the information to make the best decision for priorities.

ATC is a huge task and will get worked on more next year.

work on ACLS, early next year if all goes to plan. 

Light wands have been requested but are lower priority currently than other work.

Light wands should be higher priority.... I think we'd like to use the SC at night properly...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sLYFa said:

Maybe its not that easy, only the devs know. Although it would for sure be easier to add them then an airboss station/briefing room.

Anyway, +1 for pusing the wands up the priority list. Thats really the only thing missing from an otherwise awesome night carrier experience.

+1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Lighting can be kinda screwy in DCS, but putting the wands and gestures is graphics/ texture work and expanding on what they already have (ground crew, lights coming on at night,  etc) 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 9:25 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

thank you

This is very cool!   The carrier itself is also very cool. Best out there in it's classification!  I remember LOMAC and how everyone for years wanted "Flyable Hornets".   Now look what we have and what's being made.  That would be cool too , if we could just wander through the whole ship and conduct "Engineering Rover watch".  Just kiddin.

Maybe even attend public Captain's mass in the hanger bay? Or a tour through DC Central or the ship's machine shop.  Maybe too, some CHT tanks that would overflow..💩

Seriously though.... is it just me... because I sit and take snapshots of this beaut all day long!  Nice Carrier!! A real beast! I won't complain.  Might always want more... but I can't complain going back to Flanker 2.0 which was too actually ahead of its time in my opinion.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:23 PM, obsidianuk said:

Light wands should be higher priority.... I think we'd like to use the SC at night properly...

100% agreed on this! It's pretty ridiculous we have to use the NVG on the deck at night. Ready Room/Air Boss decks are all nice additions of course, but not having them doesn't detract from the gameplay. Having to turn your NVG on to be able to see the signals for the crew does...

• Like 2