L16 Datalink issue when large numbers of clients on server ?

JTFF-Marco

Hello !

I am looking for help as we often get L16 issue in our squadron missions, has any other group the same problems ?

So we startup, L16 is fine I can see a lot of Airplanes on SA, but at some point it just goes empty. We are talking 20-30 clients airborne and no one receives anything from the AWACS anymore. E-3A is on orbit and has EPLRS on.

F-16 or F-18, does not matter, L16 drops out some point, Figther to Fighter seem to keep working.

Any idea ?
No scripts, but we use the CAM, MAM, FrenchPack and 476 thRange pack Mods but i doubt it's the issue.

I don't get how servers like Growling Sidewinders can get an L16 rock solid with 30+ clients. Ours drops pretty quick.

Anyway, if someone has already troubleshooted this issue, thanks for sharing any solution.

Here is a Miz exemple where for no apparent reason we lost all L16 at some point between Startup and T/O.

NARDARK2JTFFREADYV2.miz

This is perhaps an insult, but I can't know.  Are you sure you have LoS between yourself and the awacs during the taxi (you mention you lost the link between startup/TO).

Another thing to check/rule out - the F14 pilot slot has the Jester command button - try asking jester to "tune datalink -> awacs"... I suggest trying this, coz jester menu will NOT let you choose aircraft in radio/datalink that it has no LOS with (or other issue) - so its worth checking to help narrow it down.

Other than that I can't say, i'm sure you'll get the "try without mods" responses, but if your wax is regularly dropping the DL and it works well on other servers, at some point it's worth checking (i mean, could be the link is trying to classify an aircraft that it can't, and tripping the whole thing up, a random guess)

Edited by FoxxyTrotty

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.