Maa maa maa ch what ??

A.S

after seeing this a thought shadow raised over me..thinking ..hmm the AF missiles (allied forces) might be not soo wrong all in terms of "threat" and respect of missiles and depending tactics... not talking bout precise datas just generall the feeling hmmm :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How are they going to target low observable targets that far?

For any current threats the meteor is already scary enough.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What's the point on that weapon? What can be seen in datalink or anything, which can be shoot at, over 400km ?????? Well, to shoot AFTER sg. it would be nice performance, but jees, you first have to see it :) Imagine you have a face-to-face launch at (let's say) 200km. Woo-hoo, beaming, and the launcher pilot can scaratch his head. And in that case, ECM is still nowhere. Anyway, do we know what is the concept of the guidance system? An active radar MUST be off-the-edge, if it pinpoints the correct target at a distance while cruising Mach10+. If the case is SARH, then the same problems that you have with all of them. Or some people knows sg. that I don't :) In the case of this missile, I have my cents on this one :)

EDIT: Just an idea, I'm not physics spec but.... this could be used against satellites too, isn't it? I mean Mach12 is a GREEEEAAAT momentum... just thinking

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

if Europe manage to make its own army it would be quite nice Eurofighters , Sukhois

That is something I'd love to see but I think it's quite unlikely that Russia would be included. It's not impossible though, they are currently providing helicopters for the EU peacekeeping mission to Chad so there is cooperation. We would probably see them joining the EU before that can happen and that is also unlikely considering the way its developing. Or are you referring to the Sukhoi aircraft operated by other European nations?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's the point on that weapon? What can be seen in datalink or anything, which can be shoot at, over 400km ?????? Well, to shoot AFTER sg. it would be nice performance, but jees, you first have to see it :) Imagine you have a face-to-face launch at (let's say) 200km. Woo-hoo, beaming, and the launcher pilot can scaratch his head. And in that case, ECM is still nowhere. Anyway, do we know what is the concept of the guidance system? An active radar MUST be off-the-edge, if it pinpoints the correct target at a distance while cruising Mach10+. If the case is SARH, then the same problems that you have with all of them. Or some people knows sg. that I don't :) In the case of this missile, I have my cents on this one :)

EDIT: Just an idea, I'm not physics spec but.... this could be used against satellites too, isn't it? I mean Mach12 is a GREEEEAAAT momentum... just thinking

personnaly i think that war between Europe and USA or Europe and Russia isn't for tomorrow yet i think it could be interesting for hiting targets (even helos) without for the plane to penetrate the battlefield the speed is useful against air defences

... Or are you referring to the Sukhoi aircraft operated by other European nations?

expresss006.gif

personnaly i think that war between Europe and USA or Europe and Russia isn't for tomorrow

Who's talking about war?

I just wanted to point out that now (and in the future) stealth technology is a factor that will play the crucial role in the air combat (if you can afford it, of course). What is the point of having a 400-km-range missile, when your enemy has a plane, which you are able to detect at something like 10 km from your position, and if you are lucky enough.

Maybe they will be used like the THAAD missile. For area defense against ballistic missile?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

There is a section in this forums for such threads. Please use the correct sections in the future.

Its shear speed would make targets look like standing still, by the time the missiles realizes you moved an inch it already has moved a mile to match.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The way I find EF2K is maneuverable buzzard, designed to get down and dirty tangled in a dogfight. Size and preformance of this missile reminds me of Cold War era of theater interceptors like F-14, F-15, MiG-25, MiG-31 and Iranian experiment of mounting Hawk's MiM-23 on a Tomcat. Imagine all the drag, weight and G load restrictions it might cause on a small airframe of EF2K!

IMHO Meteor is impressive enough!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who's talking about war?

I just wanted to point out that now (and in the future) stealth technology is a factor that will play the crucial role in the air combat (if you can afford it, of course). What is the point of having a 400-km-range missile, when your enemy has a plane, which you are able to detect at something like 10 km from your position, and if you are lucky enough.

for now only US can afford stealth planes i don't talk about Neuron which is still a prototype so missiles against stealth planes isn't for tomorrow yet

You like this whole unification idea pretty much eurofor, don't you?

PS. Ever heard of NATO? ;)

It's a logical evolution of the union. The first step towards this will be an EU military alliance making NATO redundant. And after that, it could be possible a central command is created which leads to all the groupings basically working like one force. All member states would save money from having a common defense because the redundancy that exists now between the different forces would not be needed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think that an EU military alliance would make NATO redundant. The EU really isn't a union of states or anything.

A EU defense force will most likely be an addition to current situation. Hopefully it will allow for quicker and more flexible deployments, but they will have to work hard on that, as can be seen from the Eufor Chad mission with all its delays and ineffective deployment.

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D