"Radio" check mark and "Frequency" between "TAIL #" and "CALLSIGN" under "AIRPLANE GROUP" in Mission Editor, what do they do?

-0303-

All in title. I don't understand their function, purpose. Editing the frequency changes sometimes the second pre-set channel and sometimes changes the first pre-set channel. Only for planes with pre-set channels, Warbirds and F-86.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Radio checkbox is if the group has or uses the radio at all. Unchecked, player can't even tell his wingman to change formation. The player/client radio still works though.

Frequency is what is the group frequency, i.e. what you need to make all wingman commands on.

Tail# is what digits are painted on the airplane exterior.

Callsign is what name is used when speaking with ATC/AWACS/JTAC/Tanker.

In most modules the group frequency and some radio preset are tied together. Some modules are special like Bf-109K-4 group frequency is tied to the "II" preset as was historical. The reasons are generally historical like F-14A-135-GR uses the 2nd radio/1st preset for group frequency. JF-17 I don't understand.

It's for ordering AI around then. Human players don't need this, human players (with DCS-SRS) can always set the same channels and talk.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))