Excellent X-56 SPD Brake mod right here

Sr.

• 1 month later...

I love this mod.  It makes it so much easier to control the speed brakes.  It is kinda a pain to reinstall it every time ED releases an update though.  Does anyone know if there's a way to change the slider control in the HUD programming software so it works as a two position switch?  If we can do that, then you would be able to get the speedbrakes to work properly without adding a keybind.

Edited by 9thHunt

On 1/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, 9thHunt said:

I love this mod.  It makes it so much easier to control the speed brakes.  It is kinda a pain to reinstall it every time ED releases an update though.  Does anyone know if there's a way to change the slider control in the HUD programming software so it works as a two position switch?  If we can do that, then you would be able to get the speedbrakes to work properly without adding a keybind.

Here you go...shift-B is forward to raise sb

control-B is back to lower sb

With this command the sb will retract when flaps are lowered...as it should but does not retract with the mod unfortunately.

This macro allows just enough time for the command to stay active just long enough for the sb to move through its motion.

Annotation 2021-01-10 112235.png

Edited by fitness88

that was worth a shot, but it doesn't work.  As far as I can tell HUD doesn't see the difference between Left Shift and Shift, so DCS doesn't recognize the command.  Also, that means that the slider now types capital B constantly in one position or switches to bold in the other.  I might try it with other key combos, but for now I guess I'm stuck with the mod.

12 minutes ago, 9thHunt said:

that was worth a shot, but it doesn't work.  As far as I can tell HUD doesn't see the difference between Left Shift and Shift, so DCS doesn't recognize the command.  Also, that means that the slider now types capital B constantly in one position or switches to bold in the other.  I might try it with other key combos, but for now I guess I'm stuck with the mod.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 1/12/2021 at 5:22 AM, 9thHunt said:

You can just add R Shift + B for the same command in DCS so it will work for either Shift key. As far as I can tell, it isn't assigned to anything else (for F/A-18C Sim anyway)

• 4 months later...