Настройки Bignewy Reverb G2 для высокой частоты кадров

BIGNEWY

Ah OK. Thanks.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

39 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

No, I looked for it just to make sure it was off.

Ah so it’s not turned on by default yet.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• ED Team

Quick comparison videos, DCS settings in first post. 

Single player mission 

SteamVR 54% average 86fps

steamVR 100% average 66fps

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

11 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Oh, so all the 90fps you guys are talking about is this high up?  I was wondering why I could never get 90.  When you get a chance, can you do lower altitude comparison?  A10C-II over Syria perhaps.

Yea, I'm doing my tests on the free-flight PG, which spawns over Dubai. Never been able to get close to the numbers mentioned.

Also, for my sake, seeing how often the FPS drops below 45 is more important than the average FPS, which might get skewed from looking at the sky mostly if in a dogfight or somesuch.

If it can run around 60fps in areas with a lot going on, like over cities and such, that would be nice. However, I guess that requires a rather low resolution on my part

Edited by Photon
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Photon said:

Yea, I'm doing my tests on the free-flight PG, which spawns over Dubai. Never been able to get close to the numbers mentioned.

Also, for my sake, seeing how often the FPS drops below 45 is more important than the average FPS, which might get skewed from looking at the sky mostly if in a dogfight or somesuch.

If it can run around 60fps in areas with a lot going on, like over cities and such, that would be nice. However, I guess that requires a rather low resolution on my part

Yeah I do most of my testing in worst case scenarios to sail in the baseline. For my preferences 54% steamvr for the G2 is too low and makes the cockpit far too fuzzy. Actually harder to read than my 1.5 SS rift s which will run at a base of 40fps all the time with higher graphics settings.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Yeah you have to find your own preferences, everyone's machines and eyes are different, for me at 54% Its not fuzzy, and I can read everything clearly. 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Oh, so all the 90fps you guys are talking about is this high up?  I was wondering why I could never get 90.  When you get a chance, can you do lower altitude comparison?  A10C-II over Syria perhaps.

When I fine tune I always low level as flying at 25000 feet is pointless to me.

Edited by freehand
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:52 AM, BIGNEWY said:

In my experience stutter or lag isn't DCS, its hardware, settings, or drivers.

Yep...couldn’t agree more. 
I’ve never had a permanent stutter that was caused by DCS. I’ve been able to always diagnose to something else as well.

Try saying that on Hoggit and watch the excrement storm ensue. I wish our PCs were more like consoles for gaming purposes in terms of plug and play but they’re inherently not. PCs are so user friendly these days, you can do do much without having to open up the hood so to speak. 

• Like 1

• ED Team

New video test.

SteamVR 100% 

Windows mixed reality 60hz

I do see flicker, but I think it is my eyes not being use to 60hz

I know it's purely personal, but I can't understand why you don't use motion reprojection. It works exceptionally well in WMR G2, and a rock solid 45 fps with frame times of 10-15ms are very smooth indeed, and the reprojection rate is tiny.  

With MP off and varying frame rates, I don't see smoothness, and if I move (not turn!) my head from left to right, there is blurring on the cockpit dials.

Now, if we had a guaranteed 90 fps at all times, that would be different!

But, just a personal opinion/observation. Everyone is different.

On 60Hz, I can't use it for 2 reasons. Firstly, the flicker is unbearable to my eyes, and secondly, the reprojection fps goes to 30, which isn't good.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

41 minutes ago, imacken said:

I know it's purely personal, but I can't understand why you don't use motion reprojection. It works exceptionally well in WMR G2, and a rock solid 45 fps with frame times of 10-15ms are very smooth indeed, and the reprojection rate is tiny.  

With MP off and varying frame rates, I don't see smoothness, and if I move (not turn!) my head from left to right, there is blurring on the cockpit dials.

On 60Hz, I can't use it for 2 reasons. Firstly, the flicker is unbearable to my eyes, and secondly, the reprojection fps goes to 30, which isn't good.

Fully agree. I am enjoying the sim with reprojection in my G2 with some decent graphics settings.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

55 minutes ago, imacken said:

yep same here  though i have reprojection enabled rather forced , so i typically get 90 FPS where it can and 45 where it can't

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Quick question regarding MR. 

The oculus rift equivalent locked my fps to 45 fps max. 

On WMR I have seen my FPS on occasion go to 50/60 with MR selected, is this normal or is MR not working as it should? 

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

You can’t have it correctly switched on. See here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality

Look at the video in particular. 

11 hours ago, imacken said:

You can’t have it correctly switched on. See here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality

Look at the video in particular. 

I tried auto but the square was showing red even when in the steam VR Home, so I put Motion Vector on and now I have the Green, Blue and Cyan.

Do you have it on Auto or Motion Vector?

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

5 minutes ago, Krupi said:

I tried auto but the square was showing red even when in the steam VR Home, so I put Motion Vector on and now I have the Green, Blue and Cyan.

Do you have it on Auto or Motion Vector?

I have it set to 'SteamVR per app settings' and then 'forced on' in DCS settings within SteamVR settings.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:51 AM, Taz1004 said:

This is one thing everybody needs to take into account when trying to compare frame rates and frame times - you need to have a standardised approach when benchmarking performance in DCS. Ideally ED would create a benchmark tool so the whole community has a standard test to run so accurate comparisons can be made. I've seen it suggested to use a standardised track file but, from what I understand, that has problems in itself when DCS World is updated.

What I've been doing to test settings is hop into an F-16 in Cold and Dark instant action missions on Caucuses, Nevada and Syria. I stay on the ramp, and just look around in the cockpit and I also F2-View around on other aircraft flying on the map and then take note of the stats in fpsVR at certain points. For me this provides an all-round impression of the performance.

To date Nevada is the worst performer, it hammers my CPU hard and DCS stutters when looking around in the cockpit, I suspect it's because Las Vegas is being drawn in the background.

Edited by CoderX71

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Just ordered the G2 today and I’m so excited. I’m doing my research now to get ready thanks for the info and videos Bignewy. I should of did my research first but I think my rig can handle the G2. 
dang !!! I so excited !

• Like 2

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

14 minutes ago, CoderX71 said:

To date Nevada is the worst performer, it hammers my CPU hard and DCS stutters when looking around in the cockpit, I suspect it's because Las Vegas is being drawn in the background.

that's very .. unusual outside of Vegas 

7 minutes ago, Burt said:

Just ordered the G2 today and I’m so excited. I’m doing my research now to get ready thanks for the info and videos Bignewy. I should of did my research first but I think my rig can handle the G2. 
dang !!! I so excited !

You are in for quite a treat.

Don't let yourself get frustrated setting it up, it is not quite just plug and play.

But once you get it there, man it is so sweet!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes I heard and I hope I’ll get it down. I’m just blown away by DCS YouTube videos that I just had to make the change.

thank !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020