Настройки Bignewy Reverb G2 для высокой частоты кадров

BIGNEWY

Yea not sure what is going on , I don't think Steam reprojection with AMD 6000 cards is very good. In any case I mucked around with MSAA on then off then on again, and also reinstalled SteamVR and tried switching Motion Vector on and off a few times, then all of a sudden I was at 10ms all green sitting at 90 fps. Beats me.

Want to run with Motion Vector on and sit at a steady 45 fps but not if it decides it wants to drop to 30 fps all the time for no reason - unplayable mess. Sooner keep it at Auto and take the shudders as it swaps between 90 and 45. Hopefully SteamVR improves its reprojection with AMD cards in the future.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, BIGNEWY said:

try disabling hotplug 

Hi,

Thanks so much for answering.  I've been playing with a lot of settings.  I've decided my stutters are do to frame time issues.  I'm now running at 100% steam resolution with the mixed reality portal rear projection on auto, with most of my settings on DCS pretty cranked, but no MSAA.  That drops frame rates to a static 45FPS, but it's practically perfect no jutters, or fps drops.  I am still seeing something I'm not sure about though.  My frame times have settled in around 13ms to 15(so orange), but my GPU usage on my 3080 sits around 65 percent, sometimes peaking at the low 70's.  It's very cool doesn't go above 63.  Do you think that should be ramping up higher, and could this be an NVIDIA control panel setting?

Thanks in advance, I've tried googling this of course but mostly it's people with 7 year old CPU's wondering why their FPS still sucks and their GPU's are underutilized.  

Hey also, do you run the shader packs that you can download?

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, L8Knight said:

Hi,

Thanks so much for answering.  I've been playing with a lot of settings.  I've decided my stutters are do to frame time issues.  I'm now running at 100% steam resolution with the mixed reality portal rear projection on auto, with most of my settings on DCS pretty cranked, but no MSAA.  That drops frame rates to a static 45FPS, but it's practically perfect no jutters, or fps drops.  I am still seeing something I'm not sure about though.  My frame times have settled in around 13ms to 15(so orange), but my GPU usage on my 3080 sits around 65 percent, sometimes peaking at the low 70's.  It's very cool doesn't go above 63.  Do you think that should be ramping up higher, and could this be an NVIDIA control panel setting?

Thanks in advance, I've tried googling this of course but mostly it's people with 7 year old CPU's wondering why their FPS still sucks and their GPU's are underutilized.  

Hey also, do you run the shader packs that you can download?

It sounds like you are doing pretty well, and around what I am seeing. I think now we have to continue to be patient and wait for multicore and vulkan support, fingers crossed it will make the difference. 

Thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

It sounds like you are doing pretty well, and around what I am seeing. I think now we have to continue to be patient and wait for multicore and vulkan support, fingers crossed it will make the difference. 

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time, see you up there!

• Like 1

Can someone please explain how Vulkan is going to make any difference to VR.  As I understand it, it is purely a CPU relieving tool (by introducing mulit-core), and this is not the issue.  I very rarely have CPU bound situations. In fact they are mostly just on the SC and in some other brief scenarios when flying over heavily populated airfields, etc..

Ramping up settings has an immediate effect on GPU resources/performance in DCS. Since I got the 3090 - which incidentally was a big step up from my 2080 Ti - I have obviously been able to put up a lot of settings, but it would be nice to do more, and that, AFAICS, will only be achieved by even more powerful GPUs in the future.

Maybe I'm missing a critical point here, but how is Vulkan going to help that?

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

5 minutes ago, imacken said:

Can someone please explain how Vulkan is going to make any difference to VR.  As I understand it, it is purely a CPU relieving tool (by introducing mulit-core), and this is not the issue.  I very rarely have CPU bound situations. In fact they are mostly just on the SC and in some other brief scenarios when flying over heavily populated airfields, etc..

Ramping up settings has an immediate effect on GPU resources/performance in DCS. Since I got the 3090 - which incidentally was a big step up from my 2080 Ti - I have obviously been able to put up a lot of settings, but it would be nice to do more, and that, AFAICS will only be achieved by even more powerful GPUs in the future.

Maybe I'm missing a critical point ere, but how is Vulkan going to help that?

Actually vulkan is a graphics API so has nothing to do with cpu use directly. There are some very good videos on youtube from Michael brown discussing xplanes change to vulkan. Worth noting that this doesn't directly apply to DCS as they do not use openGL which was pretty poor for VR really. 

Edited by Hoirtel

Just now, Hoirtel said:

Actually vulkan is a graphics API so has nothing to do with cpu use directly. There are some very good videos on youtube from Michael brown discussing the xplanes change to vulkan. Worth noting that this doesn't directly apply to DCS as they do not use openGL was was pretty poor for VR really. 

Really? That is interesting.  Certainly not what I have understood up until now.  So, how does the multi core aspect work in a graphics context?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

16 minutes ago, imacken said:

Really? That is interesting.  Certainly not what I have understood up until now.  So, how does the multi core aspect work in a graphics context?

Pass. I'm no expert I'm afraid. Just looked into it a while ago when it was first brought up and through my experience with xplane. I see BN said that we are waiting (patiently) for vulkan and multicore, so probably two different types of engine upgrade. Maybe they are looking to split up the graphics rendering from all the other calculations. Just guessing now though...

Yep, my inital viewings on some videos make me think it's a CPU based method of calculating and distributing shaders/textures to VRAM in a much more efficient way by doing advance calculations on background cores/threads and sending them directly to VRAM.

I could be completely wrong, of course!

8 minutes ago, freehand said:

Not every one has a high end CPU so hopefully will help many people.

+1

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2020 at 3:04 AM, markturner1960 said:

There is no way I can run DCS at a playable rate by running 100 & 100..........nearest I can get is around 74% ( 74 & 100) with motion reproduction on. All my other values are pretty much at base level to get that as well......I don’t see how people with say a 1080ti can run it at all.......

Happy Christmas everyone!!!

I run it on a 1080ti and it looks amazing. 

Max frame times I see is a brief stab in the 20-21 range while flying inverted over heavy trees and buildings in Caucuses. But overall very smooth.

Granted I have my 1080ti OC'd to about 1960s, never gets warmer than 71*

Lately, I am running DCS with Terrain textures "low", but I can't perceive any difference in visual quality from High.

My current settings:

In game PD .5 SVR SS 220, motion smoothing enabled.

Don't let the in game screen shots fool ya, it looks MUCH better via the G2 on my end.

Screen_210313_095847.png

f18test.PNG

1080tiOC.PNG

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

17 minutes ago, Sr. said:

I run it on a 1080ti and it looks amazing. 

Max frame times I see is a brief stab in the 20-21 range while flying inverted over heavy trees and buildings in Caucuses. But overall very smooth.

Granted I have my 1080ti OC'd to about 1960s, never gets warmer than 71*

Lately, I am running DCS with Terrain textures "low", but I can't perceive any difference in visual quality from High.

My current settings:

In game PD .5 SVR SS 220, motion smoothing enabled.

Don't let the in game screen shots fool ya, it looks MUCH better via the G2 on my end.

Screen_210313_095847.png

f18test.PNG

1080tiOC.PNG

You are running at a low SS rate of 55%. (0.5*0.5*2.2)

I finally received my 'repaired' G2 from HP, it looks like they just sent me a new headset and cable. I finally got to try it for the first time with a proper system rather than the laptop I originally had when I had to return it. I can confirm that bignewy's settings work for me, at 54%-60% SteamVR resolution and PD 1.0 I get solid 90fps in single player and no stuttering.

However, after playing with the Index for 1month+ while I waited for the reverb, i'm sorta split now. On one hand the screen door effect and pixel density is much better on the reverb, however the FOV feels severely limited now compared to the Index(I adjust the lenses as close as I can get them on the Index). On the Index I get the same 90fps performance in single player if I set it to 150% in Steam VR, seems to be equivalent to the G2 setting of 60% or so.

Better sharpness or better FOV for combat...hmm....I know where all the switches are so I don't need to read them...but I definitely need to see that mig behind me..... 🙂

[Maximus XIII Hero] [i9-11900K (5.5Ghz)] [RTX3090] [128GB G.Skill @3800Mhz] [Samsung 980Pro] [Index/G2/8K+/8KX/VP2]

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, PicklePicklePickle said:

I finally received my 'repaired' G2 from HP, it looks like they just sent me a new headset and cable. I finally got to try it for the first time with a proper system rather than the laptop I originally had when I had to return it. I can confirm that bignewy's settings work for me, at 54%-60% SteamVR resolution and PD 1.0 I get solid 90fps in single player and no stuttering.

However, after playing with the Index for 1month+ while I waited for the reverb, i'm sorta split now. On one hand the screen door effect and pixel density is much better on the reverb, however the FOV feels severely limited now compared to the Index(I adjust the lenses as close as I can get them on the Index). On the Index I get the same 90fps performance in single player if I set it to 150% in Steam VR, seems to be equivalent to the G2 setting of 60% or so.

Better sharpness or better FOV for combat...hmm....I know where all the switches are so I don't need to read them...but I definitely need to see that mig behind me..... 🙂

Some users are having better results setting DCS PD to 0.5 and per application in steamVR to 200 - 500% try that see if it helps

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Some users are having better results setting DCS PD to 0.5 and per application in steamVR to 200 - 500% try that see if it helps

Yes, but a lot of users completely misunderstand the numbers. The number of users I see (including YT vid posters) just do not get the PD numbers. They think they are the same as Steam SS. So for example, I see people talking about PD of 0.5 in terms of thinking it’s equivalent to 50%, but it’s 25%, of course, 0.5*0.5=0.25. 
PD of 0.5 with a Steam SS of 200% is actually a total of 50% (0.5*0.5*200=50) not the 100% I see being bandied around all the time. 

That is often why people think they are getting better performance by reducing PD and increasing SS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I currently used DCS PD of 1.0 with 50% SS in SteamVR. So I think the point is that I can use a DCS PD of 0.5 and 200% SS in Steam VR and get the same visual quality but at better performance? 

Correct me if I am wrong (don't really get too deep in to the specifics, just set stuff till it works and looks good).

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I can say that the performance is there using this compared to the initial settings suggested on this thread. There is no slight intended, but I am getting a better experience now.

I am enjoying the VR headset more than the Oculus for sure.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

3 hours ago, VampireNZ said:

I currently used DCS PD of 1.0 with 50% SS in SteamVR. So I think the point is that I can use a DCS PD of 0.5 and 200% SS in Steam VR and get the same visual quality but at better performance? 

Correct me if I am wrong (don't really get too deep in to the specifics, just set stuff till it works and looks good).

This has been my experience. I achieve the same "clarity", same if not slightly better cockpit readability and lower GPU frametime.

I have also noticed lowered NVRAM usage in the Hornet 7-8, while the A-10C II is still using 10.+ (1080ti) I guess there's just more going on with the Hog.

Tonight I played around switching between SVR Motion Smoothing and WMR Motion Vector: for me, it seems like WMR motion vector does a better job. Flying through trees and over populated areas any way.

Next, I tried out 60hz in WMR settings. And I will say I don't think I'm a full time fan of it (seems to leave my eyes a little wigged out afterward) but as far as performance... holy crap! what an improvement. I was able to push almost everything up! Even the in game PD slider I now have at 1.1 with SVRSS set to 100%/100% and realized that I don't even need MSAA and get less jaggies just with the increased resolution. It takes a good minute or so to just ignore the faint flicker at 60hz.

I didn't think the cockpit could be so clear, even with my astigmatism. But WOW!

Forgot to mention on my other settings post, but these are the mods I'm currently running.

OVGMEset.PNG

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

You get better performance because you are driving less pixels, you actually have slightly less visual quality, but a lower frame time, which will look smoother, because your hardware  is doing less work.

Edited by speed-of-heat
wrong quote

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

9 hours ago, VampireNZ said:

Test it and see how it looks and performs to you.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
On 3/16/2021 at 11:09 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Just a heads up, PD of 0.5, or below 1.0 has a negative effect on new clouds, so its not something I would recommend now. 

thanks

• Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

New VR user here, I had a lot of trouble finding the sweet spot for performance and image quality with the reverb G2 and a rtx 2070.

Now thanks to your guide I found it. I'm using your settings and I get 45 fps in most servers except in Syria MP maps where I usually get around 30 something while still having good image quality and crisp visuals.

I miss a lot the eye candy of having everything on ultra BUT, being 'there' instead of looking to a screen is a very big plus.

Let's hope vulkan and multicore increase optimization so we can crank up  the quality a bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2020 at 8:14 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

I am being asked a lot about my VR settings and how I am getting 90 FPS in VR

These are my current settings, in busy multiplayer session it will go down to 45 FPS but is very smooth for me. 

I am very pleased with the reverb G2 and feels like a big upgrade from my vive cosmos, and the Dell Visor I started VR with.

Your settings maybe different and you may like better quality over frame rate, I like higher frame rates and this is what works for me, I hope it helps some of you.

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo,

Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000,

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

reverb.PNG

Note on the steam resolution I am now using 54% which seems to be the sweet spot for me and my preferences. 

steam res.PNG

nv1.PNG

nv2.PNG

nv3.PNG

Screen_201206_160841.thumb.png.3f0ed252f604c5de6adad8f6bc0f8566.png

Screen_201206_160849.thumb.png.7569796afbfac3ced153208e5b429676.png

Hi BN, I just found this thread while doing a search for how to fix some issues with my Reverb G2 settings.  I've applied all your settings but not getting anywhere near 90 fps.  Depending on how busy the scene is, 50-60 in SP and usually around 45.  It's definitely improved over what I had previously, but nothing in the range of what you're seeing.  

The one thing I didn't see in your screenshots was the Steam VR main screen settings.  What do you have the slider set to for the main steam window and what are your other settings set to such as Super Sampling ON/OFF etc.

Thank you.

• Like 2

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB