Настройки Bignewy Reverb G2 для высокой частоты кадров

BIGNEWY

32 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

that's very .. unusual outside of Vegas 

I'm getting below 35 fps sitting on the ramp a Nellis ... I'm wondereing if my CPU just isnt up to the task or, there's something with my OS / installed software.

As I type I'm preparing for a fresh wipe / reinstall of everything.

Edited by CoderX71

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

NVIDIA Control Panel for DCS.exe:

NVIDIA_Control_Panel.png

DCS:

DCS.png

SteamVR General:

SteamVR_General.png

SteamVR App - DCS:

SteamVR_DCS.png

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Try turning down shadows and terrain textures. 35 is just not right with a 3090. Apart from that ( can’t check my nvcp settings as not at my sim pc) you are running pretty much same as me and I can get a solid 45 FPS with motion re projection forced on, with a 2080ti......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

@CoderX71

your NVCP panel looks mostly fine, but there is a conflict between your Anti-Aliasing Mode and your in game setting this needs to be application controlled, if you want AA to be "on in game".  If that is what you want (AA) then you likely need to look at a target of 45 FPS.  I would concur with @markturner1960your  main pain is from shadows (mostly in cockpit),  and turning them off/low should mitigate the majority of your performance issue you are seeing. 

I would direct you to:

you will note a couple of things firstly I do use a mod to get in cockpit shadows, without which I just have to turn shadows off, I would also set terrain shadows to flat. 

I also reduce my DCS VR  resolution to 80% (sometimes down to 70%) but again if your target is AA -> 45 FPS then 100% is fine.  You can up your ansio filtering in game to 8x or 16x it makes almost no perf difference 

If you are going to force reprojection you are going to need make sure its done right, in WMR for Steam VR Settings set SteamVR per-app setting, and in  SteamVR -> Video -> Manging Video Settings for -> DCS  needs to be set to FORCE ALWAYS  ON.

Finally, if this is still not working it might be useful to understand what is causing the bottle neck, look to fpsVR to provide some insight into that but my guess would be something in your CPU usage thats causing you grief... if "this" hasn't worked. 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks guys. I've just finished a complete wipe and reinstall of Windows, a completely clean system feels so much more responsive.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through downloading all the DCS modules I own (I love this sim too much), it's still going be ages until it's all finished and I've still got all the drivers and tools to install again.

Thanks for pointing out the AA conflict - I missed that. I've seen in a YT video by "Lukas S. / Wolta" that NVIDIA's implementation of AA is better than than DCS so that's something I want to look into further.

I think it's possible to record data from fpsVR so I'll do some testing tomorrow.

@BIGNEWY How did you capture DCS and fpsVR in your videos? Do you use OBS?

• ED Team
Just now, CoderX71 said:

@BIGNEWY How did you capture DCS and fpsVR in your videos? Do you use OBS?

Yes OBS, capturing the windows for each application I want to show.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Problem I see with all recordings in OBS is that even the user don't move almost the head, the image is with lot of noise tracking. I have rift S and ordered the g2, but with Rift S recording in VR all is much stabilized as I were using trackir. That noise motion is something very bad for viewers... and don't know if there is a way of removing it.

Edited by Japo32

37 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Yes OBS, capturing the windows for each application I want to show.

"Window Capture" in the "Sources" section, one for DCS and another for fpsVR?

Edited by CoderX71

10 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Problem I see with all recordings in OBS is that even the user don't move almost the head, the image is with lot of noise tracking. I have rift S and ordered the g2, but with Rift S recording in VR all is much stabilized as I were using trackir. That noise motion is something very bad for viewers... and don't know if there is a way of removing it.

Do you mean image stabilisation? You can stabilise the image using Oculus mirror but obviously this is only useful for Oculus headsets, it won't help you with a G2:

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, CoderX71 said:

I'm getting below 35 fps sitting on the ramp a Nellis ... I'm wondereing if my CPU just isnt up to the task or, there's something with my OS / installed software.

As I type I'm preparing for a fresh wipe / reinstall of everything.

Don't bother doing a full OS reinstall - it will not deliver the performance increase you're after. Instead you really need to dial down your graphics settings, there's no way even a 3090 can power the Reverb at 45fps with those settings.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

1 hour ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

Don't bother doing a full OS reinstall - it will not deliver the performance increase you're after. Instead you really need to dial down your graphics settings, there's no way even a 3090 can power the Reverb at 45fps with those settings.

Already done the reinstall last night. But I wasn't looking to get a performance boost from that alone, I done it so I could eliminate the "unknown" factors in my PC while trying to tweak everything.

Edited by CoderX71

@speed-of-heat Here is a video of what I'm seeing on Nevada. (Excuse the audio ... I don't know why the audio has these micro-dropouts)

Disabled Windows Game Mode

Disabled Windows Full Screen Optimisations

NVIDIA Control Panel settings are the same as Bignewy.

WMRP Reprojection set to Per Application

SteamVR General resolution = 100%

SteamVR DCS App resolution = 100% / Motion Smoothing = DISABLED (for full fps range in VR)

DCS Settings are shown in the video ... note shadows set to low

Edited by CoderX71

did you try the low shadows mod, from my post,  orjust setting shadows to low... they are Very different things I will look on a big screen later today... could you post your track and I will re run with my settings and see what perf I get.

on motion smoothing, I hope you mean for the purpose of testing, not regular game play...

I will look on a bigger screen today when I get the chance

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

did you try the low shadows mod, from my post,  orjust setting shadows to low... they are Very different things I will look on a big screen later today... could you post your track and I will re run with my settings and see what perf I get.

on motion smoothing, I hope you mean for the purpose of testing, not regular game play...

I will look on a bigger screen today when I get the chance

Haven't installed any shader mods, but will do so now and re-run the test.

There's no track file, it's simply loading into the Cold and Dark "Instant Action" mission on the Nevada map. I don't actually fly around, just look around in the pit, and follow the lead AI F-15E taking off for a while.

Re: motion smoothing - Yes, because it caps at half frame rates as you mentioned earlier, I wanted to be able to hit 90fps if I was able to for the purpose of testing. What I'm trying to work on fixing / improving is every time Las Vegas comes into view, my frame rate tanks and my CPU frame times go through the roof.

Edited by CoderX71

So the shadows mod, isn’t the shaders mod they are different.

cockpit shadows vs external model shadows, are not the same, so following around the strike eagle will not give you a good representation of game play,  even on very good settings/hardware AI crowded ground environment and shadows can cause some punishing frame rate hits for cpu. 

re motion smoothing, you can achieve 90fps with motion smoothing enabled, it will lock you at below 45, 45 or 90, forced will give you below 45 or 45, and off will give you accurate frame rates and times. motion smoothing off, give many people considerable “juddering”.

but just on  what I can see (small screen at the moment) you might also want  set off AA if your goal is more frames at 90, that will kill you at 100% resolution... on my setting 80% no aa, motion smoothing enabled, (shadows mod) and shaders mod, and no mirrors I just get that in caucuses in free flight in an f-18... and to be clear that’s more FPS at 90 than at 45... not a consistent 90, for which you would need to drop your steamvr  ss for dcs to 50% if you want to keep AA..

Edited by speed-of-heat

Same test after installing Shadow and Shader mods ... slight improvement.

As Stuart (SOH) has said, I don't know why you are focussing on that type of scenario.  We all see that kind of performance.

You'll see the same with cold and dark missions at well populated airfields with all modules.

Parked at, or flying over, busy airfields tends to be the most demanding scenario in DCS for CPU usage.  It's about the only time - Supecarrier aside - that I am CPU bound.

A good test is the Ready on the Ramp in Persian Gulf mission for the Hornet.  That's the one I use for testing.  Look around, taxi to runway, look at 'jaggies' the runway lines to see the effect of MSAA and other AA techniques, fly out over towards Dubai, fly through Dubai streets and circle round the surrounding areas.  That mission has a good mix, IMO, very demanding at times but shows a more varied load on your system.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

48 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

So the shadows mod, isn’t the shaders mod they are different.

cockpit shadows vs external model shadows, are not the same, so following around the strike eagle will not give you a good representation of game play,  even on very good settings/hardware AI crowded ground environment and shadows can cause some punishing frame rate hits for cpu. 

re motion smoothing, you can achieve 90fps with motion smoothing enabled, it will lock you at below 45, 45 or 90, forced will give you below 45 or 45, and off will give you accurate frame rates and times. motion smoothing off, give many people considerable “juddering”.

but just on  what I can see (small screen at the moment) you might also want  set off AA if your goal is more frames at 90, that will kill you at 100% resolution... on my setting 80% no aa, motion smoothing enabled, (shadows mod) and shaders mod, and no mirrors I just get that in caucuses in free flight in an f-18... and to be clear that’s more FPS at 90 than at 45... not a consistent 90, for which you would need to drop your steamvr  ss for dcs to 50% if you want to keep AA..

Yeah once I read the thread you have linked in your sig I saw they were separate - all good I've installed both.

Re: Cockpit vs External shadows ... ah I see. I'll have to get a deeper understanding of DCS settings then.

Re: Motion Smoothing ... gotcha ... I'm not too fussed about hitting 90fps consistently. I'm happy with lower fps as long as DCS is smooth. However again, when pointed in the direction of Las Vegas, looking around in the cockpit is stutter city. Prior to going through this I did have motion smoothing enabled and when flying on Caucuses it was great, but I thought I had nailed the setting until such point I started looking at Nevada 😛

Just to confirm I get similar performance in the same mission, which is mostly what i expect with heavy AI clogged missions

40 minutes ago, imacken said:

As Stuart (SOH) has said, I don't know why you are focussing on that type of scenario.  We all see that kind of performance.

You'll see the same with cold and dark missions at well populated airfields with all modules.

Parked at, or flying over, busy airfields tends to be the most demanding scenario in DCS for CPU usage.  It's about the only time - Supecarrier aside - that I am CPU bound.

A good test is the Ready on the Ramp in Persian Gulf mission for the Hornet.  That's the one I use for testing.  Look around, taxi to runway, look at 'jaggies' the runway lines to see the effect of MSAA and other AA techniques, fly out over towards Dubai, fly through Dubai streets and circle round the surrounding areas.  That mission has a good mix, IMO, very demanding at times but shows a more varied load on your system.

Yeah I see that now, but not having flown - much - for the past 2 years I wasn't up to speed with the nuances of DCS' current state. So after getting my G2, I was trying understand why I wasn't matching Bignewys results even though I had almost identical specs (prior to getting a RTX3090) to him. Turns out, going by his videos, he's in a 1v1 engagement up high - a pretty light scenario for any PC. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that when providing settings and stats we need to also know the details of the test environment the stats came from. This goes back to my point earlier about ED needing to provide a standardised benchmark tool for DCS so we call all make like for like comparisons, it would not only help us with hardware configs / purchase decisions etc., but would also help the developers for optimisations etc.

I primarily like flying SP or COOP ground pounding missions so I'll often find myself around "busy" spots on a map, even if I build the missions myself. So I figured I'd just look at a demanding situation for the simulation, like a busy airfield, and work on getting the best results I could from that, because flying out side of that would almost guarantee a smooth flight.

Anyway ... it is what it is.

Lets just hope the implementation of Vulcan brings some welcomed increases in performance 🤞

Edited by CoderX71
  • Like 1

I would say you should be pretty happy with how it looks going by the video. I would recommend trying force motion reprojection always on, for me, it made it  really smooth and that was the major issue, plus I cant see any real advantage of FPS over 45, I never get any noticeable issues and you are not wasting GPU power rendering the extra frames.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

17 minutes ago, freehand said:

CoderX71  That is why I said what i said over 20 post ago.

Yeah I understand.