rens blok

hii, I have a problem with placing ground units in the ME. When I place a ground unit everything seems to be fine but when I load the mission it does not appear. This happens with ground vehicles and ships. This problem does not occur with aircraft. I hope somebody can help me out. 

(I have the VSN aicraft mods installed, these are the only modded files I have currently and yes I ran the repair tool but without any success).

Perhaps too obvious, but are you sure your ground units and ships aren't just "hidden"?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

same here. I place ground untis in ME and nothing shows up in the mission. there is also another thread regarding this issue.

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Perhaps too obvious, but are you sure your ground units and ships aren't just "hidden"?

nope. not the case. can you please try to reproduce? Place LAV-25 in a new mission and then load it and see if the unit is showing up or not.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, rens blok said:

hii, I have a problem with placing ground units in the ME. When I place a ground unit everything seems to be fine but when I load the mission it does not appear. This happens with ground vehicles and ships. This problem does not occur with aircraft. I hope somebody can help me out. 

(I have the VSN aicraft mods installed, these are the only modded files I have currently and yes I ran the repair tool but without any success).

I deactivated VPC mod but that didn't sovle it for me.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

13 minutes ago, Livers said:

Is this a MP problem? I see it fine in a SP mission.

LAV-25.miz 5.79 kB · 1 download

Thanks. I tried your mission. I can see the LAV-25 in mission editor but in the mission it's gone. I just don't understand what happens here. Unfortunately this happens not only to the LAV-25 but to many ohter objects as well. 😕

Seems to be a problem on my end but I just can not determine where it's coming from...

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

I'm sure "hidden" is unchecked

54 minutes ago, JumpinK said:

Thanks. I tried your mission. I can see the LAV-25 in mission editor but in the mission it's gone. I just don't understand what happens here. Unfortunately this happens not only to the LAV-25 but to many ohter objects as well. 😕

Seems to be a problem on my end but I just can not determine where it's coming from...

no same problem here

Just now, WinterH said:

Did you perhaps check "Late activation" on the editor?

yes I did, "late activation" is unchecked. I also ran the repair tool, that didn't seem to solve the problem. I tested the LAV-25 mission and in the mission editor everthying seems to be fine but the LAV isn't there when I run the mission.

Got it. It was the "Navy Equipment" mod. Took me half a day to figure it out, but now I'm sure. Maybe I have an old edition of this mod or it simply doesn't work any more...

Edited by JumpinK

1 minute ago, JumpinK said:

Got it. It was the "Navy Equipment" mod. Took me half a day to figure it out, but now I'm sure. Maybe I have an old edition of this mod or it simply doesn't work any more...

Okay, I do not have the Navy Equipment mod so I have to try something else. Maby deleting the VSN mods.

17 minutes ago, rens blok said:

Okay, I do not have the Navy Equipment mod so I have to try something else. Maby deleting the VSN mods.

As far as I know "Navy Equipment 1.3" is from "VSN ModTeam". So, yes, try deactivating any of those mods. Should work then.

12 minutes ago, rens blok said:

it was a Mirage mod for me

That's the downside of mods... sometimes after an update everything seems to be f***** up because of the mods.

10 minutes ago, JumpinK said:

That's the downside of mods... sometimes after an update everything seems to be f***** up because of the mods.

Yep.. it's the main reason why I stopped using mods all together.

Too bad actually, because there really are some gems out there.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

56 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Yep.. it's the main reason why I stopped using mods all together.

Too bad actually, because there really are some gems out there.

Well... I see your point... but... and this is a huge BUT... did you try the "Hercules" mod by "Anubis"? Because this thing  is absolutely amazing! The very first flyable "heavy" in DCS and it's really awesome even in it's early state of developement.

I'm kinda advertising this mod, because this one is really worth a try! I'd disable every other mod just for the herc if i had to...

• Like 1