[RESOLVED] Gun pipper inaccuracy?

D4n

7 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

+ multible tracks, none of which were deemed to be 'concrete evidence' 

Apprecaite your efforts laertesson but user fixes make me nervous, if we start doing the work of developers then where does it stop?!   

Well obviously you’re not under duress to try my fix. If you’d rather wait for RAZBAM to acknowledge the issue, more power to you. Plus, ELMO changed this thread to investigating since I posted yesterday. So I really don't think you have reason to be nervous. I got tired of the broken pipper. My fix is not going to be enough for long-term since it doesn’t pass IC anyway.

Edited by laertesson

harrier.gif

Here's a fun comparison I made really quick. I further adjusted value to -1.55. Altitude, dive angle, range to target, and speed are all quite close between these two attack runs, and both targets were engaged just as the pipper begins to unwind..

Sorry about the low quality, I'll try to make a better video on a full mission later. If you open in new window and zoom in you can see the target only takes one shot to explode on the right, and lefty never hits the target with the current code.

Edited by laertesson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, laertesson said:

harrier.gif

Here's a fun comparison I made really quick. I further adjusted value to -1.55. Altitude, dive angle, range to target, and speed are all quite close between these two attack runs, and both targets were engaged just as the pipper begins to unwind..

Sorry about the low quality, I'll try to make a better video on a full mission later. If you open in new window and zoom in you can see the target only takes one shot to explode on the right, and never hits the target with the current code.

Wow good work laertesson - to be clear my intension wasn't to curb your enthusiasm; I hope it didn’t come across like that.

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Wow good work laertesson - to be clear my intension wasn't to curb your enthusiasm; I hope it didn’t come across like that.

Not at all! I completely understand the apprehension to use mods, but I’m also confident RAZBAM will fix the issue officially, so no worries 😀

So I've just been messing around with the DMT slew feature to see if the hud icon was behaving itself as per the recent fix (it used to jump around and wasn't in sync) and noted that the initial movement of the icon is a little bit off what’s on the MFD, I wonder if this has anything to with the inaccuracies we're seeing? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FUnbUqrZY&ab_channel=LeeSkev

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

11 hours ago, laertesson said:

I’m also confident RAZBAM will fix the issue officially

I'm not so much, especially after it was claimed that "Up until now, neither myself (RAZBAM Elmo) or the dev team have found it to be in-accurate by any means" 😖

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

2 hours ago, DanielNL said:

I'm not so much, especially after it was claimed that "Up until now, neither myself (RAZBAM Elmo) or the dev team have found it to be in-accurate by any means" 😖

Well the post hasn't been marked up as [working as instended] and moved to resolved so there's hope yet!

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 9:12 PM, laertesson said:

harrier.gif

I further adjusted value to -1.55.

Yeah I have found setting it to -1.55 to be like a sniper rifle compared to the default, rounds can go a little long if you are very close to the target but way better than them falling short every time.

• Like 1

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

1 hour ago, jib said:

Yeah I have found setting it to -1.55 to be like a sniper rifle compared to the default, rounds can go a little long if you are very close to the target but way better than them falling short every time.

Thank you for the feedback. There is probably one more iteration before it is perfect.

Part was that, part was there may have been a discrepancy in the HUD format change to SVG. Confirm this now works for all please.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

It works. 👍

• Like 1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [RESOLVED] Gun pipper inaccuracy?
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not find the new value of -2.0 good at all. Rounds fly over the target.  I am finding -1.84 very good now and rounds land where I put the pipper.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey