A-10a and using SRS?

rictshaw

Anyone flying the A-10a and using SRS? I downloaded the SRS software, got it installed and configured (by referring to several Youtube videos), but I can't figure out if it's working correctly. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge about "radios" generally, but whenever I'm on a multiplayer server, I'll send out a "comms check", asking if anyone can hear me. I NEVER get a response.

It would be nice if I could test the radio without being on a multiplayer server; I'm concerned that if I keep doing "comms checks", I'm just cluttering up the airwaves.

If you use SRS, do you use the "overlay" that shows up in the cockpit? I've tried to use that as well, but the controls for hiding/displaying it conflict with the DCS keys for various functions, so I've stopped using the overlay.

Could this be part of the problem?

Confused!!

14 hours ago, rictshaw said:

Anyone flying the A-10a and using SRS? I downloaded the SRS software, got it installed and configured (by referring to several Youtube videos), but I can't figure out if it's working correctly. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge about "radios" generally, but whenever I'm on a multiplayer server, I'll send out a "comms check", asking if anyone can hear me. I NEVER get a response.

It would be nice if I could test the radio without being on a multiplayer server; I'm concerned that if I keep doing "comms checks", I'm just cluttering up the airwaves.

If you use SRS, do you use the "overlay" that shows up in the cockpit? I've tried to use that as well, but the controls for hiding/displaying it conflict with the DCS keys for various functions, so I've stopped using the overlay.

Could this be part of the problem?

Confused!!

First of all there are two overlays. One in DCS for SRS (LCtrl+LShift+Esc) and SRS overlay (you can set key bound set in SRS client). DCS SRS overlay give good info on, if you are connected at all, what freqs you are on, how many people are on that freq (if Server allows it, most does), what radio you selected as active one, and if your Push to talk button works (of course mic test requires you actually talking and hearing response). SRS overlay allows you to set freqs for planes which lack clickable cockpits (FC3 planes for example) or sometimes (depending on server) admin gives extra radios to planes which historically had less of them (eg. Blueflag Cold war). Using SRS overlay is only way for FC3 planes to set radios so you have to bind that keys in SRS client for that. Mouse cursor in FC3 planes still exist but as SRS client overlay is technically different app Windows only renders mouse cursor when its on SRS overlay itself. You can also active mouse cursor in FC3 planes (i think its Lalt+C by default). 

Comms check is actual procedure, and almost everybody does that every time anyway, so noone will be angry at you  by doing that. Also you can check if u are connected in SRS client itself as well. 

• Like 1

The_Tau, 

Thanks for the reply. I tried to use SRS in Dcs again tonight, but I think its still not working correctly, I still don’t get any reply from my “comms check”.

I’m going to keep fiddling with it for now, but it seems like there are so many factors that might be interfering with each other (dcs key binds, srs key binds, window keystrokes, mouse movement, etc.), at some point I’ll probably just not bother with it.

I'd join the Hoggit discord and their Georgia at War Server

They use SRS a lot, and have many users you can test with.

The a10a is FC3 so only has SRS keybinds

Bind all you need and make sure to test audio with preview audio

https://discord.gg/hoggit

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord