New Throttle **Detents**

Phantom88

Already ordered!  Roll on end of January!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I’ll be selling my CM2 on eBay. Probably only lose about £100. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Eh, of course, but that’s the price you pay for the CM3. Nothing you can do about that. (Well, actually Virpil gave CM2 owners like me 10% off the CM3). I’m talking about what to do with your CM2.

Dream come true. Finally they did it 🙂

• Like 1

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Oh wow, reckon I am going to have to get me one of these.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I was all set to order the CM2 along with an Alpha grip and Warbird base a few days ago but thought I'd take another look at the forums and reviews before proceeding.  Glad I held off because one of the hesitancies I had about the purchase (including the high price) was the lack of a detents option.  I placed my pre-order yesterday for the CM3, Alpha grip/Warbird base HOTAS.   Now I'll just have to wait a few months before I find out if the upgrade over my aging X52 Pro setup is worth the price of admission.

• Like 1

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

@imackenI'll take that CM2 off your hands when the time comes 🙂

3 hours ago, MileHiRyder said:

I was all set to order the CM2 along with an Alpha grip and Warbird base a few days ago but thought I'd take another look at the forums and reviews before proceeding.  Glad I held off because one of the hesitancies I had about the purchase (including the high price) was the lack of a detents option.  I placed my pre-order yesterday for the CM3, Alpha grip/Warbird base HOTAS.   Now I'll just have to wait a few months before I find out if the upgrade over my aging X52 Pro setup is worth the price of admission.

There's no need to wait. I'll tell you right now that it will be worth it!

9 minutes ago, Sabre_Ewan said:

@imackenI'll take that CM2 off your hands when the time comes 🙂

I tried to send you a message, but I just get a Sabre_Ewan can’t accept messages error!

If you are serious about that, drop me a message. 

Strongly considering ordering this, but from looking at the pics not sure it will mount to my Warthog Throttle plate on my Monster Tech Mount for throttle.

May have to wait and see if Monster Tech can offer a plate for this new throttle...

Edit: I see they have an adapter for their mount for it, that is always an option I guess.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 12/4/2020 at 11:20 PM, Phantom88 said:

I'm wondering after the dust settles in a few moths if They'll offer a "Retro Kit" to fit my older[less than a year]CM2 Throttle?

Same case here...

Unfortunately they had to increase slightly the shaft length to accomodate the detents. Changing the shafts with all the cables passing through is beyond a retrofit kit I guess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, galinette said:

Same case here...

Unfortunately they had to increase slightly the shaft length to accomodate the detents. Changing the shafts with all the cables passing through is beyond a retrofit kit I guess.

OK,Thanks for the info

Patrick

mini.gif

Anyone know if the CM3 throttle would mount to a Monster Tech Warthog plate? Would save me a little if it would.

Don B

1 hour ago, Sabre_Ewan said:

Aha I did not see that in my browsing earlier, yes that should do it thanks much!

Edit: Well they show the throttle as pre-order of course, on the adapter plate they show it as back ordered.

So hopefully they will get some in by the time the throttle is available... But that will work beautifully!

Edited by dburne

Don B

After my thrustmaster warthog's pinky switch failure (maybe I will try to repair it but dont know is worth-switch need be replace and soldering such a thin cables... might be waste of time for me) I've started to search for new thing and found VIRPIL throttle... first checked-out the CM2 but looks like CM3 with 2 stage afterburner detend is coming... found just one review on the YT but looks promising... guys what's your impression about those throttles? Warthog is ok... just throttle pinky switch went down and I feel after those 3 years mic button and generally all push type buttons wear out and no longer run as smoothly (incuding joystick). VIRPIL looks promising... but like I said wondering whats your experience with it?

Edited by deyv

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|

I am impressed by Virpil kit and have been committed to it - bases, grips, throttle - for some time now. 

Before I moved to Virpil, I was a TM man, with Warthog HOTAS and Hornet grip.  I can honestly say, that the Virpil throttle is better in every respect - precision, number of hats, buttons, switches, etc. - than the Warthog throttle. Unless you want a A-10C replica, of course!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dburne said:

Anyone know if the CM3 throttle would mount to a Monster Tech Warthog plate? Would save me a little if it would.

MonsterTech do a mounting plate for the CM2 Throttle, the CM2 Throttle has the same mounting configuration as the Control Panel and using the mounting kit from Virpil you can mount both on the MonsterTech desk stand, this is my latest configuration.

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-desk-mount-v2-v3-adapter-control-panel.html

The CM2 was delivered yesterday shipping just before the CM3 was announced. Personally I don't fly afterburner jets much, prefer the simpler early generation jets, but with the F-8, F-1 and Mig 23 on the distant horizon that may change, but for the time being got more than enough to play with 

IMG_4027.jpg

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

Out of interest, what do you use your Control Panel for?  I've often thought about buying one, but then I think, what would use it for given that there are so many hats, buttons, switches, etc. on the CM2 throttle/Alpha grip combo?

6 hours ago, imacken said:

Out of interest, what do you use your Control Panel for?  I've often thought about buying one, but then I think, what would use it for given that there are so many hats, buttons, switches, etc. on the CM2 throttle/Alpha grip combo?

Not too sure I bought the Control Panel first to augment the Warthog HOTAS Throttle which had meagre switches. Was impressed with the control panel and feedback on the CM2 Throttle that I decided to purchase that. Early days of the set up but so far satisfied. The Throttle and Control Panel can be set up in to different sections for switches such as avionics and general setting on the control panel and weapons on the throttle - but yes there are a lot of functions on the 2 devices. Add to this mix a Realsimulator F18 Grip which has 8 modes for all the buttons and switches and there is more than I can remember. If you have not looked at Realsimulator gear I can only recommend it, the grip quality surpasses anything out there and added to a FSSB R3 base - flying modern FBW jets is a joy

I fly a lot in LM Prepar3D and the Control Panel helps out a lot there

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

23 hours ago, imacken said:

I fly the Mirage 2000 mostly, and the panel is very handy in VR, where you need clear and simple command placement. I use the pots for radio volumes, encoders for channels, guarded switches for master arm and jettison, buttons for PCA and external views, etc... There could be some way to do this on the HOTAS only but it would certainly be less intuitive, especially when you need to reach everything blindly in VR with muscle memory and touch only.

Edited by galinette