2021 Roadmap

phant

Update after DCS WORLD 2021 AND BEYOND video + Kate Perederko unofficial 2021 Roadmap

Eagle Dynamics

• de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI [very likely]
  • Mi-24P Hind [very likely]
  • Black Shark 3 [very likely]
  • Mig-29A Fulcrum (9-12)  [likely]
  • Pacific Theatre - Mariana Islands [very likely]
  • MAC [likely]
  • AH-64D Apache Longbow [unlikely]

Aerges

• Mirage F1 project [likely]

Deka Ironwork Simulations

• Unknown Module - Early Access [unlikely]

Heatblur Simulations

• Unknown Module [probably A-6] - Early Access [unlikely]

IndiaFoxtEcho

• MB-339A [very likely]

Magnitude 3 LLC

• F4U-1 Corsair [very likely]

Polychop-Simulations

• OH-58 Kiowa [very likely]

RAZBAM

• South Atlantic Conflict Terrain - Early Access [very likely]
  • F-15E - Early Access [very likely]

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

• Eurofighter - Early Access [unlikely]

Most Important Features

• Weather Engine [very likely]
  • Dynamic Campaign - Early Access [likely]
  • Vulkan based Graphics Engine [likely]

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant
  • Like 3

AMVI

2 hours ago, Sonoda Umi said:

Eagerly awaited aircraft should be AH-64, probably A.

No Apache, that's already announced

Edited by Antartis

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

28 minutes ago, OnionSpider13 said:

Are you referring to this?

I am referring to the possible release by 2021 of the Eagerly awaited aircraft (whatever it is).

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

On 12/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, phant said:
  • Dynamic Campaign - Early Access [likely]
  • Vulkan based Graphics Engine [likely]

I'm fairly dubious on both of these items. If they happen, super, but I'm not holding my breath. The F-15E from Razbam may also be a bit overly optimistic, but I generally agree with everything else on your list.

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

17 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

What is DCS MAC?  Aside from USAF Military Airlift Command.

Modern Air Combat: a package of aircraft that requires a simple learning curve (a kind of Flaming Cliffs 4).

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant
  • Like 1

AMVI

13 hours ago, Ozmandi said:

Coming FALL 2018

Wow, I didn't know it was that far behind schedule.

Yes I think the philosophy of what MAC is supposed to be about, changed a few times (standalone vs part of DCS: World etc), and that's likely one of the reasons it got delayed.
Also, they rely on 3rd party developers to make a simplified version of their modules, but with so many changes going on within DCS itself I imagine their already released modules get priority as they need to keep working within an everchanging framework. 

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 12/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, phant said:

RAZBAM

• F-15E - Early Access [very likely]

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

• Eurofighter - Early Access [likely]

Completely disagree with these.
Razbam have stated that all work has stopped on new modules while they finish the M2000C and AV-8B and judging by their Discord it would seem they're probably going to put more effort into the Mig-23 than the F15E.
TrueGrit have just started this year, there's no way they're getting a 4+ aircraft in EA in less than a year.
I'm not 100% the Falklands map will be this year either.

Edited by Tigermoto
additions
  • Like 4

Yeah I seriously doubt we'll see the Eurofighter Typhoon out in early access by next year, the Hornet took years from being confirmed as in development to hitting early access, and years down the line it's still got some way to go but progress is being made.

Bear in mind that the Eurofighter is more complex in basically every way.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 hours ago, Tigermoto said:

Completely disagree with these.
Razbam have stated that all work has stopped on new modules while they finish the M2000C and AV-8B and judging by their Discord it would seem they're probably going to put more effort into the Mig-23 than the F15E.
TrueGrit have just started this year, there's no way they're getting a 4+ aircraft in EA in less than a year.
I'm not 100% the Falklands map will be this year either.

Doesn't Razbam have two different dev teams, one on the Mig-23, the other one on other planes like F15E? In this case it is not a question of one or the other. I agree that a 2021 is not "very likely", but maybe by end of 2021, depending how "finished" they want to make the module...

Totally agree about the Typhoon, there is just no way in 2021. Even 2022 is probably optimistic, that is a very very complex jet, done by a new dev team.

Still, even without those, that is a pretty hefty list of releases for 2021. Something to look forward to! Personally I am happy to finally see some love for the rotary wings, it has been too long.😀

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

F4U very likely? Based on what? One very incomplete screenshot of a 3d model? 

It was flying early in the year at VFAT. Last update from the devs is on their website, quite old, but they seemed to be making good progress on it. Not sure if it qualifies as very likely, but aren't WW2 airplanes supposed to be easier because you don't have to program complex weapons, 50 pages of MFDs, ECM and all that? I mean it makes no sense until ED releases Marianas, but since it is likely we would see this map in 2021 (hell, it was planned for 2020, I hope they can manage less than 12 months of delay), that plane would make a lot of sense. Also seems to be coming with a nice asset pack.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Found this in roadmap https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/97330-dcs-roadmap-unofficial-no-discussion-here/?do=findComment&comment=4505758

Nothing to share yet about future aircraft for DCS, but look out for our 2021 and beyond video in the new year for clues of the next big project. Thanks - Scott / bignewy

Was apparently posted on facebook I don't know if it's legit or not.

Don't know if I'm reading this right but I take it to mean we will not know this year as earlier Announced. Could be wrong they may mean something else. Big downer if were not going to get the big reveal this year. I think there were multiple people that were hoping for the big reveal before Xmas. Would of been great.

• Like 1

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas.