HMS Invincible & HMS Illustrious V1.3 Mod UPDATE 19/01/2021

HMS INVINCIBLE & HMS Illustrious V1.3 Mod Release!  ( 19/01/2021 ) - UPDATED 

UPDATE Changelog V1.3 :

- Re-worked modelling on HMS Invincible
- Brand-new Seadart Model and launcher - (Launcher will receive further fixing in next update)
- Deck signs and writting added
- Ship R05 Insignia added to Island
- Fixed Hull and added red base 
- Corrected Encyclopedia (Thanks Joey45)
- Added Themes (Thanks Ozone1)

V1.2 - Only update to Illustrious

- Extensive re-work of deck and ambience lighting on HMS Illustrious
- Re-modelled surfaces 
- Crest and Insignia added 
- Animation updates

HMS Invincible  R05 (1982) and HMS Illustrious R06 (2012)   !

What works : 

- Lights , however they remain mostly on during the day as well (Have not been able to animate the time of day change yet)
- AI Takeoff and Landing (testsed with 3 AI -  Ski jump will not work with them though due to DCS bug.They attempt it but usually crash in sea)
- Radar Animation

What doesn't work : 

- Lights , however they remain mostly on during the day as well
- Elevator animations 
- No working defensive weapons yet (to be added to next update)

All textures are base textures used for the modelling. Proper textures are being made now and will be added to next update .

Some parts of the ship might seem better made than others , this is because this ship was my learning project so as I progressed I modelled better.
All will be addressed in upcoming updates however due to work and time , I will doing best I can . Afterall , Razbam's South Atlantic map and assets should be releasing with this year !

You can download the mod via mediafire :

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/20i7ulxfq5t2p/HMS_Invincible_%26_Illustrious_DCS_Mod

I've also submited it to the user files section so will be made available there aswell !

Big thanks to Joey45 (Hermes Mod) for his help !
RN_Ships.jpg

HMS1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

Have been working on this model for quite a few weeks . Initially started as project to learn to model better , turned into a proper project and am now (i think) on the final stretch to complete her. 

HMS Invincible R05 - Currently working on lighting and still have a few features to add on deck and on the island (Windows , doors and cabling etc).

I've tried to model her based on the 1982 variant R05 however there might be a few inconsistencies as from the material available online alot of times I have realised the HMS illustrious was tagged as the R05 instead of R06 mixing up the features which are slightly different . Slowly correcting whatever I can so for the most part I hope it will be close enough to the R05.

Couple of screenshots and will update soon with more as I get closer to finishing her within the next week or two in order to upload a first version!

5.PNG

8.PNG

6.PNG

1.PNG

4.PNG

3.PNG

HMS3.jpg

HMS2.jpg

Edited by T-Pap
V1.1 now available
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Lovely work .. I love ship Mods and for sure will use it on my missions as soon as you get to release it.

Best regards

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 hours ago, Tuomaspap said:

Have been working on this model for quite a few weeks . Initially started as project to learn to model better , turned into a proper project and am now (i think) on the final stretch to complete her. 

HMS Invincible R05 - Currently working on lighting and still have a few features to add on deck and on the island (Windows , doors and cabling etc).

I've tried to model her based on the 1982 variant R05 however there might be a few inconsistencies as from the material available online alot of times I have realised the HMS illustrious was tagged as the R05 instead of R06 mixing up the features which are slightly different . Slowly correcting whatever I can so for the most part I hope it will be close enough to the R05.

Couple of screenshots and will update soon with more as I get closer to finishing her within the next week or two in order to upload a first version!

5.PNG

8.PNG

6.PNG

1.PNG

4.PNG

3.PNG

Please keep at it, will be great to have an Invincible for the harrier. It’s looking good so far. 

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

UPDATE :

Getting near completion ! 
Issues still to be resolved : 

- Getting AI pilot when using skijump to pull up at the end or get the aircraft to take off from further back 
- Get SeaDart to launch 
- Get Chaff dispencers to fire 
- Some textures still missing on 2ndary items

Shoud be ready for Christmas

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 6

This looks Brilliant I'm really looking forward to it, with the VR pilot coming for the harrier next patch as well I'm getting up to speed with the jump jet. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

There's a bug where the AI either eject or crash after take off.

Ships can't use Chaff yet.

IF you want any help just ask or scream and we'll help.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

1 hour ago, joey45 said:

There's a bug where the AI either eject or crash after take off.

Ships can't use Chaff yet.

IF you want any help just ask or scream and we'll help.

Isn;'t the chaff dispencing lua based though with the appropriate connector on the model ? Wouldnt it work similar to a modded aircraft ?

Non of the ships in DCS have active countermeasures..... Yet.

ED still needs to make the code still.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 weeks later...

i seem to be getting some crashes with certain aircraft L-39 as an example, on the Syria map, when the invincible is installed... 😞  i have no idea why its happening.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Will check tomorrow and will post, it’s a full grand mal ctd... though so it might not show much

Damn wrong thread meant Hermes...doh

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Sorry for the delay !

Got sidetracked playing around with another project that i'm working on for DCS. 

All that is the left until the first version is released is working on the Lua files for AI landings etc. Those lua files can really be hell to tweak!

looks great - you've modeled her as she was after her 1990 refitwith a 12 degree ski ramp rather than the original 1979 7 degree ramp. But seeing as how your model matches what she looked like when I served on her, it gets my vote. Somewhere have a load of phots of when she hosted VMA-214 Black Sheep in AV-8Bs in the mid 90's - I'll load some up on this thread if ok?

Thank you so much for brining my favourite ship to DCS

45 minutes ago, F1GHTS-ON said:

... - I'll load some up on this thread if ok?

please do, I’d love to see those photos 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• T-Pap changed the title to HMS Invincible V1.0 Mod Release

v1.0 is now online !

This is with base textures used for modeling purposes and a few issues described in the initial post up top which i have updated with the file and info.

Already hard at work with the next update to address issues ! Hope you like my first attempt at this !

On 12/26/2020 at 6:27 PM, F1GHTS-ON said:

looks great - you've modeled her as she was after her 1990 refitwith a 12 degree ski ramp rather than the original 1979 7 degree ramp. But seeing as how your model matches what she looked like when I served on her, it gets my vote. Somewhere have a load of phots of when she hosted VMA-214 Black Sheep in AV-8Bs in the mid 90's - I'll load some up on this thread if ok?

Thank you so much for brining my favourite ship to DCS

She is a mix of variants cause i could not find specific photos of each ship to model to . Many photos online stating one ship but actually showing another . Hence this is a mashup and will slowly start seperating them for later update to provide two variants. If you have pics with the ship you were on I would love to see them ! Please feel free to upload them and send them to me as well 🙂

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I could only put 3 Harriers on it as the 4th would be balancing on the port deck-edge about halfway up the flight deck

Screen_201229_150025.png

Hi yes , it is written in the notes and the readme file ! will be fixing soon and uploading the the .lua file ! 

What an amazing mod I’m really enjoying it, keep going with it can’t wait to see further updates. This is such a great addition for the harrier. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO