Warship reworks

Cdodders

Yeah, and even the newer (read 2012/14) ships like the Oliver Hazard Perry (long), Ticonderoga-class (Mk41), Slava-class and Tarantul-III-class are starting to show their age in some areas; though are a lot better than much of the Soviet-era REDFOR ships there are. At least in comparison to the free CVN-74. The Nimitz-Roosevelt carriers and the Arleigh-Burke Flt. IIA (late) are basically perfect, with the former basically leaving nothing to be desired (save for some animated antennae) and the latter leaving very little.

The Chinese asset pack ships IMO definitely leaves something to be desired, with the Type 071 LPD being a straight up regression in my opinion.

What I might do is go over the ships we have in DCS in detail and make a monster post about them, though I don't imagine most people will really care about it, and to be honest they're mostly nitpicks you won't notice unless you go close up to them.

The naval environment has always been a fairly neglected aspect, even the Supercarrier only really added animated crew on deck and improved communications, for naval warfare as a whole it barely changed a thing apart from some higher quality assets.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.