LIke to have a replay mission that works like Tacview.

RTS354

Anyone beside me, who would like the option to replay a mission track  in DCS  like Tacview does? I'm just interested in viewing the movements of the vehicles and other weapon systems, so it would make creating videos much easier. The only difference is that the track file would not be dynamic, in that you cannot enter the mission, but only view the movements of the vehicles in the mission. You could also scrub forward and backward in the mission for recording purposes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy with a replay system that actually works. What we have now is borked.

Unless it's a short track, what happens after a while is not what was in the mission I just flew.

Usually It shows me crashing when I didn't. Yesterday I did crash, but the replay showed it differently.

I was making strafing runs in a P-47, shooting ground targets on Gelendzhik and clipped an AI helicopter that flew right in front of me near the waters edge. 

I managed to turn back towards land and made a belly landing on the beach.

In the replay it showed me crashing into nothing and spiraling into the water. No helicopter, just all of a sudden boom and into the water, not the beach.

This was about 15 minutes into the mission.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Yeah, I'm with rayrayblues here, I'd much rather just get working replays (especially if you could rewind them). Looking at some of my BFM replays and it shows something panning out completely differently to what actually happened in the mission. One example is AI aircraft reacting differently and manoeuvring in a different way to what they did, leading to me shooting at aircraft that are nowhere near where they were.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If you want Tacview, then just install Tacview. No reason for DCS to duplicate that functionality. AFAIK Tacview is free

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 12/4/2020 at 3:02 AM, RTS354 said:

Anyone beside me, who would like the option to replay a mission track  in DCS  like Tacview does? I'm just interested in viewing the movements of the vehicles and other weapon systems, so it would make creating videos much easier. The only difference is that the track file would not be dynamic, in that you cannot enter the mission, but only view the movements of the vehicles in the mission. You could also scrub forward and backward in the mission for recording purposes.

I requested this myself once what seems ages ago. I'd like it for exactly the same reasons. It would be an awesome boon to making videos.

So sad that the others who replied were so caught up in their own business that they couldn't even address OP's subject other than to say, "I'd rather..." or to rant like he didn't even read OP's post.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with Tacview is that you cannot record high quality videos with it. I'd like to have an option where the replay function uses just the flight data like Tacview, but without the AI and the physics playback, and with all the other visual effects enabled. It would be nice if there were a time line where you could scrub forward and backward to pick the best video shots.

BTW, how does DCS create their videos and don't seem to have the same problem as we have?

Well the replay feature itself could use some improvements. The ability to scroll forward and back for example. Also to keep your head tracking view after changing to external would be nice. I’m amazed at the nice videos some people make for DCS given the limited replay functions. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5