G6 always on HUD if I start mission with weap select not in off position?

GunSlingerAUS

I've noticed that if I start a mission with the weapon selector on my Virpil VFX stick set to anything other than the OFF position, I'm stuck with the G6 letters (indicating gun is selected but safe) on my HUD for the rest of the mission - screenshot attached. It doesn't matter if I cycle weapons, turn master arm on or off, or cycle HUD modes - I can't get rid of it.

Is this normal, or a bug?

GunHUD.jpg

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

ok first. I dont have a virpil.

That said, thats a bug. Theres no way, no reason, that having a weapons selector in the wrong position would preclude you from changing weapons. indeed thats *crippling*

The question is, is it a virpil or a DCS bug.

I suggest posting in bugs forum. this isnt a 'feature'

ill further add that with my thrustmaster ive never seen anything like that. and Ive never had my weapons stuck to gun. even if there WERENT WEAPONS it'd say SP or PH 0 for example

Edited by sublime

It's not crippling, just freaking annoying. What bind should I check? My weapon selector does work and correctly select the various weapons, including guns.

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

If I’m seeing that right, in your screen shot it’s correctly changing the reticle from gun sight to radar/missile symbology, yes? If so, that’s especially strange.

All I can think of at this point is out of date mods but I don’t use them myself so I wouldn’t know where to look.

20 hours ago, r4y30n said:

If I’m seeing that right, in your screen shot it’s correctly changing the reticle from gun sight to radar/missile symbology, yes? If so, that’s especially strange.

All I can think of at this point is out of date mods but I don’t use them myself so I wouldn’t know where to look.

I don't use any mods. 

On 12/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, punk said:

Could it have anything to do with the 'weapons select when moving on/off' on the special options page?

Tried changing that, no difference. Heatblur? 

Very weird, indeed. Do you have synchronise controller on start on? Try turning that off. It's definitely not something we would define on our side, I hope it is not some issue with the controller. But there might be an issue with synchronised inputs and virpil? Really hard to tell like that.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 12/7/2020 at 9:54 PM, IronMike said:

Very weird, indeed. Do you have synchronise controller on start on? Try turning that off. It's definitely not something we would define on our side, I hope it is not some issue with the controller. But there might be an issue with synchronised inputs and virpil? Really hard to tell like that.

Yep, I've tried setting controller sync both on and off, and also the special option for pressing the weapon selector. No diff either way - let's chalk it up to DCS being DCS.

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Do you have another bind that sets to guns on keyboard or mouse or something like that like a toggle? 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2