Just got the G2 delivered this morning, which is replacing the G1.  Hooked it up to DCS jumped in a F16 in the Falklands and had a look around.

Image quality is absolutely fantastic with no tracking issues at all (with the G1 it used to stop tracking due to low light in my office when i looked down at the side consoled, but then when returning to normal front view it used to snap back, non of that with the G2).  Defo well worth the cost IMPO

Thanks Specter

• Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

👍

Good choice! Been running mine strong every day for about the last 2.5 weeks, loving it.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L | Rift S | Oculus Quest | Reverb G2

Damit, mine is ordered for 6 weeks but no news of stocks.

I might have one without controllers quicker. Are the controllers usable in DCS? I'm quite happy with the Oculus Touch controllers but if the G2 ones are not so usable, I'd could switch to the mouse.

Mines come but sat in it's box as i've now got no GFX card 😞

Previously had a Rift S which was a low rez blur fest.  Cant wait!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Received mine this week, very happy with it.  Was a bit of a risk as my IPD is 73 but no issues.  Have sold my Valve Index, the Index has a bit wider FOV and better controllers but I have had no tracking issues with the G2 and its a lot more comfortable to wear for extended periods, played a mixture of stuff including sim racing and Alyx.  Also played Eleven table tennis which needs a high refresh rate and good controllers, thought I would have to forego this but was playable, not as good as the high refresh rate of the Index but OK.  Sims is 80% of its use and the resolution and lack of glare is a big plus.  WMR is a bit of a pain but OK once I got through the learning curve.  Also got back a lot more money for the Index than I paid for the G2.

Not really tried DCS much yet as my Virpil stuff is unavailable at present due to my son moving back in for a while.  Running a 1080ti for now and was surprised at how ell it ran with this, Hopefully will get a 6900xt or 3080 / 3080Ti  sometime next year when things settle down, but for now the 1080Ti is fully usable with my 9900k.

Overall very please with the G2.

I also went for the new hand controllers with my G2 pre order...... I am still waiting patiently for their arrival.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.

Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.

My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.

VR Driver system:

I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3

[code][code][code][code]

[/code][/code][/code][/code]200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

Just got mine delivered to me (8.40 am), I'm unpacking and will have to uninstall my CV1 and all related software before trying it...

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 32GB Kit DDR4-3200, 22' Samsung, HP Reverb G2. Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS.

Mirage 2000C, F-15C, Mig-29, A4E.

Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes.

So far so good...

• 1 month later...

Please forgive the stupid question, but do any of you use your HP reverb in the DCS version you download from their website (not steam or through steam VR). I got one for Christmas and have been unable to get it to open in VR despite enabling it in the settings tab as some comments have suggested in other forums. Thank you in advance if any can help me.