Memory of a Hero Review

I've just completed the campaign and thought I'd share my thoughts. I'll have spoilers in here as I'll write a quick summary of each mission. Overall I really enjoyed the campaign! The dialogue and setup in the missions really help with the immersion, it doesn't just feel like I'm hitting a bunch of triggers. Music was really good, although it did play quite often, so by the end of the campaign I had heard the tracks many times; there was also a bug where sometimes more than one track would play at the same time. The variation of the missions was a real high point - I felt like you made the most of creating a campaign for two aircraft than can be deployed for very different roles; most missions were completely different from the previous one. I appreciate the English translations but sometimes the dialogue was hard to understand, and in some instances resulted in me not knowing exactly what to do next.

Here is my feedback on the missions:

01 - Nice mission to test my takeoff and landing skills. I surprised myself and finished this first time without crashing!
02 - A good navigation skill test. I didn't even know the Mi-8 had the ability to track SOS signals so this was interesting.
03 - This mission was much easier than the previous two due to the weather, which makes me wonder why it wasn't the first mission - perhaps it was chronological.
04 - Great Ka50 mission, although my ABRIS was Russian as mentioned in another thread.
05 - I had a bit of trouble with this one as the Hinds emerged from behind the mountain quite close to me, which didn't give me enough time to shoot them both down before they could return fire. I also had an instance where I hit a Hind with 2 Vihkr (long burst as requested) and he carried on flying and shooting at me! I succeeded in the end by slowing down and hovering at the south side of the valley, giving myself a lot more distance and time to shoot them.
06 - Simple mission to introduce the secret device. I got slightly confused as I was told to follow the other chopper, so I didn't realise I needed to break away when near the airfield I was supposed to land at.
07 - Nice sneaky mission under the guise of a delivery. I already mentioned in another thread how I don't think the dialogue was clear and so I didn't realise there was a sling load to carry.
08 - This one was quite difficult due to the terrain and MANPADS. I also failed one attempt as I had ran out of time due to the enemy taking cover in the trees - but in reality they were still out in the open.
09 - I didn't realise I had to call in a strike on my first few attempts as I play in VR, so the message was shown near the top of the cockpit while I had my head down at the TV! This mission also highlights how dumb the AI soldiers are, as you start raining death down on them and they continue to just stand in place. The percentage of kills required also seems high - same for the previous mission. There was also not enough fuel for me on this mission - I ran out about 5km from the airfield on my return!
10 - I enjoyed this but again, the requirement to kill so many infantry units was difficult due to there being 1 or 2 of them left stood under a tree and therefore very hard to see. I was 'surprised' at the end but managed to save the pilot and the chopper, despite not really understanding how auto-rotation works!
11 - A nice convoy attack. The result of the final attack was amusing - luckily I had enough altitude!
12 - A fun idea but it took me multiple attempts due to collisions! There is a large power line just before the river when escaping the city - it'd be nice if the navigator warned about it in a similar way to the bridges - I failed one attempt because I hopped over it and exceeded the 40m limit.
13 - A good test of landing and taking off in the mountainous region. I had to skip this mission as I couldn't destroy enough targets with the rockets after a few attempts. The pilot says that he has 6 pods, but there are only 4. My aim isn't great but it seems the rockets have a small blast radius and barely do any damage with near-hits.
14 - Similar to mission 13 and the same problem - I couldn't kill enough targets with the rockets I had and so I skipped the mission.
15 - Great strike mission with the KA50 - I'm much more comfortable with the guided weapons! My wing man crashed in to a hill when trying to line up in the target area before he actually shot anything, although I doubt that's something you can fix.
16 - Interesting scenario, although it seems like it should be setting up further missions. My ABRIS was in Russian again, probably similar reasons to mission 4. I declined when requested to attack the jammer due to fuel being low (I had actually jettisoned my rockets before the request to reduce fuel usage), but the dialogue continued as though I had accepted the request. I continued to fly and land at Skala and got 100% mission complete in the summary screen. Both aircraft in the lead flight crashed when descending to land at Skala.

Hopefully that feedback is useful. I'll be sure to pick up your Crew campaign at some point, although I have Oilfield campaign to complete first!

I'm so glad you liked it. This is my first experience, and while creating I made all the mistakes that are possible! The Crew Campaign is a whole different level - you won't regret it!