Livery missing texture at distance

Nealius

I created a simple livery using the HB template, saved with mipmaps, used a modified desciption.lua from the VF-32 101 default livery. My livery works fine in close, but at distance (I presume LODs?) it changes to "missing texture" green. How do I fix this?

I created a simple livery using the HB template, saved with mipmaps, used a modified desciption.lua from the VF-32 101 default livery. My livery works fine in close, but at distance (I presume LODs?) it changes to "missing texture" green. How do I fix this?

Preciselly the same issue I've had, and this solved it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/liveries-skinning/f-14/7147603-how-to-proceed-to-get-a-3rd-party-livery-repaired?p=7152178#post7152178

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

On 11/29/2020 at 9:25 PM, Top Jockey said:

Is that the only solution? It's extremely complicated and it doesn't seem any other creators have this issue with their liveries.

Your problem is different than the one referenced above.  

When you get there "missing texture" green texture it's because one of 3 things is happening:

1.  If there is a "true" statement at the end of the string for the callout in the description.lua -then you're physically missing the base texture being called out.  (Not likely).

2.  The texture name in the description.lua is different than the one in your texture folder. (Likely).

3.  If the statement "false" at the end of string - then you're physically missing the texture in your specific livery folder.  (Likely).

If you didn't edit the 3 in 1 LOD file then once you solve the above problem, you'll still need to edit that file in order to not run into the linked issue from above.  

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

9 hours ago, 000rick000 said:

Your problem is different than the one referenced above.  

When you get there "missing texture" green texture it's because one of 3 things is happening:

1.  If there is a "true" statement at the end of the string for the callout in the description.lua -then you're physically missing the base texture being called out.  (Not likely).

2.  The texture name in the description.lua is different than the one in your texture folder. (Likely).

3.  If the statement "false" at the end of string - then you're physically missing the texture in your specific livery folder.  (Likely).

If you didn't edit the 3 in 1 LOD file then once you solve the above problem, you'll still need to edit that file in order to not run into the linked issue from above.  

Hope that helps.

What in the world is "LOD 3in1?" This texture file does not exist in HB's texture template.

Nope it does not.  I don't understand why this is used, and why standard auto generated Mip maps are not sufficient...anyway...that's neither here nor there.  It is what it is.  So, you must use it.  

Open every single .dds file and resize them all to 512x512 then copy/paste them into the corresponding locations on the 3in1 file.  Be sure to do this exactly or you will notice weird texture tweaking while rejoining in formation or zooming out and into the jets from a distance.  Even 1 pixel off is not good enough.  

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut