Computer requirements

New here. My son wants a computer to play this game. I recently bought a computer with the following specs: i5-4570s, 16mb DDR3 ram, 512GB ssd. My question is about the graphics. The computer has onboard graphics of Intel HD 4600 or something like that. Will this suffice for a decent gaming experience, or will a dedicated graphics card be needed? If a dedicated gpu is needed, I will need to buy another system because the desktop is so small that a graphics card cannot be added (already researched this). Would an external graphics card be any good, or should i just get a different system with room for a graphics card? Thanks for any replies!!!

Hello. DCS is one of the most demanding PC game I know of. Hopefully, its graphics options can be lowered in order to get decent FPS.

Here are the recommended specs:

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements (HIGH graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 with 8GB VRAM or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Recommended VR systems requirements (VR graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen; RAM: 16 GB (32 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 120 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Source

Your CPU and RAM are OK.

About storage, my current DCS installation occupies 230 GB. And it keeps growing as new modules come out, but one can uninstall unused modules.

I know some players play with integrated graphics such as the Intel HD 4600. However, I have no idea how the game performs with these. I stronly recommend using a dedicated graphics card (Nvidia or Radeon).

The most important questions are:

• what is your budget?
  • what is the model of the computer? (you can attach a picture thanks to the "Upload Attachments" below)
  • what is the definition of the monitor? (in pixels)

Edited by Flappie

In my opinion the hardware recommendations from EA are far from sufficient.

I have recently built a new PC.

ASUS Maximus XII Hero motherboard

Intel I9-10909K

MSI RTX3800

NZXT Z73 aio water cooling

64GB RAM

2TB m.2 SSD

850W ASUS ROG Thor power supply

This is enough to fly with highest settings in DCS with 50 - 100 FPS.

And this in singleplayer well understood.3cb1e6d026c3bea83ca9a19bfd9cf638.jpg4e9677348f9a7a3477e4c7c424b83991.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G988B mit Tapatalk

Thanks for the input fellers. I decided to return the computer i originally posted about because the case was very small (USFF) and bought a different system with a "SFF" case that a low profile graphics card can be added to later if needed. This one also has a slightly faster proccessor, i5-4590. Thanks again!