Viggen Help. Bombing and Hud.

josuha1901

I just bought the Viggen and I have the AA missiles down.

Now I am studying the bombing release.

I have the weapons selector to bombs (forgot the Swedish word : ))

The nav on.

I hold in the safety, pull the weapon release and release...nothing.

I also tried mapping the safety to two buttons, safety on..safety off.

Switch safety 'on'..pull weapon release..nothing.

Second is the HUD.

The targeting symbols go to far up or down and disappear.

I tried adjusting the HUD up, then down.

I also tried adjusting the seat up and down but the symbols get lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

No direct help but did you check the dedicated Viggen forum for info?

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/licensed-third-party-projects/heatblur-simulations/dcs-ajs37-viggen

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Edit: I bet you're in RB-05 mode, that's the air to ground missile

There are at least 3 bomb master modes. PLAN, DYK and RR Chuck's Guide has a very good play-by-play checklist with pictures.

Once you have the basics down, I like to supplement with Crash Laobi's "1 minute DCS" tutorial videos. They're quick, dirty, and pretty funny. So you can listen to him rattle off all the steps in 1 minute and quickly figure out what step you missed.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

If the bomb targeting symbology drops off the bottom of the HUD, it might be that you are not within the release parameters. Check your airspeed and altitude against the recommendations from the manual. Also ensure you set your altimeter QFE.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 11/29/2020 at 2:31 AM, josuha1901 said:

Switch safety 'on'..pull weapon release..nothing.

Make sure the safety is off, not on. You should see the thingy on the top of the stick flip up, if I remember correctly.

h6qPowP.png

If you keep having problems, the manual is quite good. You can find it in the
....path-to-game...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Doc

folder in your game installation.

The manual might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but it is more exact than some of the youtube tutorials. A lot of details and explanations are in the manual.

Next to the manual is a file that shows which settings are relevant for what weapon.

And there are also cheat sheets on the web (search for "viggen cheat sheet") for a quick reminder.

Edited by Whirley