performance issues with exported screens

Hi, I have a new issue whereby when I switch to using the FLIR, my FPS crash. I am running external mfd screens from cubesim, but have had these running perfectly with no performance issues for months now.....it is 100% tied to the export of the mfd screens, as if I dont use them, in the sim, it does not happen. However it only happens if I use the FLIR, or MAV Seeker......all other screens in radar and moving map, it all works fine......

any ideas please?

I recently changed some settings in nvidia control panel, but this issue only appeared yesterday, so I am not sure that may be the problem. Can anyone with a similar set up to me & using exported screens post their in game and nvidia settings please?

pretty sure this is sine last update as well

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Can you clarify your FPS crash? What framerate or frametime are you getting? What type of mission are you running?

I haven’t been running multi-monitor since I upgraded my GPU but I can check after work.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

hi, & thx for the reply....fps goes from 90 to 4 soon as I enable FLIR screen or MAV seeker head....anything with a live picture it seems......these are simple training missions I made, have enclosed Maverick practice.miz

is the 3090 worth upgrading a 2080ti from? are you using VR mostly currently? my G2 should arrive next week...

Maverick practice.miz

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I just checked out your mission.

4c5a31e2a0f64537b6b0cbf5fccb43a3.jpg

With both Mav and FLIR on, the FPS is around 99.

With both off, it is 120 FPS. So you do lose a bit of FPS with extra screens in action.

Note that I’m only running one export monitor since I only have one (800x600). And this is at default high preset to avoid confusion.

Edit: just noticed that the mirrors are on, so the FPS should be better with them off.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Regarding the 3090, it is completely worth it for me as it allows me to run mostly reprojection free (80 FPS with default VR preset) with my Valve Index in single player practice missions that I use.

While I think that it is overpriced and the upcoming 3080Ti will be a better deal, I’m still quite satisfied with the purchase. It also gives me great frame in other games and I can’t wait to play Cyberpunk 2077 in ray tracing mode.

OK, its obviously something specific to my settings and machine. here is a track showing the issue. I am running at 4640 x 2160 with the cubesim screens for this...as you can see, perfect until I turn on the FLIR... slideshow, then back to perfect when I turn it off.....FPS.trk

weird thing is it just started happening .......

how do you get that nvidia overlay to work?

I did see a good chunk of FPS drop (21 FPS) but it is far from being a slideshow so I think it might be something related to your setup. Note that my GPU utilization was 99% with those extra screens on so it is definitely getting used. I'm also running at lower resolution than yours.

For NVIDIA overlay, alt-z to access NVIDIA overlay then click Settings icon/HUD layout/Performance.

Cant get the overlay up, no matter, can assure you its unplayable in game when it happens. I am focused on nvidia settings, although have reverted to default and makes no difference... would a dcs log help anyone? when I use HUD only view , I get the 3 MFD's overlayed, which I never had before....do you think its something in one of the.lua files maybe ?

It's strange that you can't get the overlay to work.  In any case, you need to figure out what's tanking the framerate--CPU or GPU and why (power/thermal throttling issue vs external app or code interference vs driver issue), because this shouldn't happen with your PC specs.

What I usually do is running an overlay app that shows CPU and GPU usage, temperature, FPS, power usage, even better if it can show continuous graphs; and observe what happens when you have frame drop. 

The very first thing to do is to perhaps reinstall the NVIDIA software (look up DDU and NVIDIA installation guide), in case it is a driver problem.  Also remove overclocking on both GPU and CPU, to make sure everything is working correctly at baseline.

Use Afterburner overlay or something similar if you still can't get NVIDIA overlay to work.

Also remove or comment out Winwing's codes from Export.lua (Saved Games\\Scripts\), these lines below: 

--local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
--dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

The wwt scripts can be taxing CPU with constant and frequent polling causing significant FPS drop especially in VR (you can actually see continuous CPU frametime spikes with fpsVR, but unfortunately there is no other way to check CPU frametime in DCS).

Thanks will try that at the weekend....soonest I can take a look unfortunately.....

As you say, it should not happen, and indeed was not happening until last week !!! That's the real mystery, what changed and why....