[ED's SIDE] Tarawa taking off position issue

kirk7312

No repro from me.

Tried starting AV8 'on runway' on Tarawa. Appeared normal. Also tried user mission which had previous bug as you describe.

Testing Persian Gulf, Beta 2.5.6.58125

(May be issue, just no repro from me. I care about this issue from last time.)

ab8_tarawa2.thumb.jpg.e294382c30f8821029f0c2524159be2c.jpg

When I play with your test1.miz file or modify it in editor (eg. change Player to Client) or other tests, I always get repro, aircraft on front of deck. Even deleting the ship and plane in your file and adding again.

However if I make new test myself, it's always fine. Mission file attached.

EDIT: Attached file currently does not have 'player' or 'client' set. Also getting some repros now.

Will test more and report back.

EDIT: I appear to have full repro as kirk7312 describes.

I remember this user made mission (Gulf shenanigans.miz)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309055/

Used to fail with the first bug, but still works now.

av8_tarawa_test2.miz

OK, That is clear, it is totally same as previous bug!

Ai is fine, it always take off from the right position. but if it is control by player, av-8B will be placed in the front of deck.

The bug they fixed comes back again!

The developer may not merge the fix of this bug in the newest release.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, i think youre getting a little worked up over something very minor here with all those !!!! points. So if |I'm understanding this correctly, the AI in a HOT start, will start from a parking spot normally but if you start HOt as a client or as player it will start you at the front of the boat?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Tarawa taking off position is wrong again!?
On 12/17/2020 at 5:38 PM, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

So if |I'm understanding this correctly, the AI in a HOT start, will start from a parking spot normally but if you start HOt as a client or as player it will start you at the front of the boat?

Yes, or close.

If you place AV8 on boat but don't set Player, it will start mission with player and aircraft will be on deck runway to short take off.

If you place AV8 on boat and set as Player, it will start mission with aircraft at end of deck.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 4:07 AM, DimSim said:

Yes, or close.

If you place AV8 on boat but don't set Player, it will start mission with player and aircraft will be on deck runway to short take off.

If you place AV8 on boat and set as Player, it will start mission with aircraft at end of deck.

Thankyou for the constructive explaination. I will have the devs look into this. Might be an Ed ship issue. If you do the same on the kuznetsov or stennis does the issue persist?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] Tarawa taking off position issue
On 1/13/2021 at 4:39 PM, kirk7312 said:

same on the Kuzentsov.

Screen_210113_193504.png

Hmmmm interesting. I will have to try to dig a little deeper on this. Ive got a feeling its the COLD/HOTRAMP logic for where the planes are on all ships, which would be an ED thing

Just confirming kirk7312's repro.  Set to Player or Client, with AV8 set to Runway or Ramp the aircraft starts forward on deck of Kuzentsov.  Set to non player, the aircraft starts in correct location but is naturally unplayable.

Strangely some 3rd party single and campaign missions work correctly now, which did not with the previous bug of similar behavior.

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [ED's SIDE] Tarawa taking off position issue