Why do we like Lock on?

Erm ... it's not ... real at all. A Su-33 with all the stuff Flanker 2 gives it is pretty /un/real.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In this order..

Multiplayer, great fun playing with mates.

Challenging, at least for me :)

Beautiful graphics, great mods.

Very cheap to buy!

Bingo you have a winner! (and i'm talikng LO & FC upto date)

• Like 1

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

It's the only Flight SIM with a decent Flight Model!

And Yes - Beggars cannot be Choosers :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
For me:
  • Su-25T (AFM and AWM to be specific)
  • graphics
  • emotions during a2a combat (priceless :smilewink: )

Haha. Nice one. +1 :thumbup:

I absolutely agree with you.:joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

For me it's mostly about my squad, that discovered many new horizons in the LO's world for me.

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

For me:

• for Su-25T
  • for AFM
  • for challenge during AG mix AA and Air-Vikhr kills :D
  • for gameplay
  • wonderful enjoy, even if it is unadvanced game
  • for FINALLY new, fresh machines, not only boooring F-16 and USAF
  • graphics, really pretty

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

The sensation of flight in this program beats competition totally. I "feel the Lock On aircrafts" as extension of my body - I don't feel like this with other sims.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

The constant learning of all aircraft, systems, weapons and the massive amount of information to understand is a great challenge. Most of all, I like the people I get to fly with on a daily basis. The passion we obviously all have for this sim is awesome !!! :joystick:

S! to everyone who enjoys LOMAC...

Cheers!

Why do we like Lock on?

Well I like flightsims in general because I like to spend peanuts for a flgihtsim then spend years complaining about it, waiting for patches and reading producer notes for the next release :D ..... Sooo I can start the whole process over again. :D

Actually MadTommy hit the nail on the head for me.. :P

• Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I like it because

1. It has good graphics

2. It feels realistic when flying

3. I like team work when flying insquad... good team work is priceless

4. Good variety of A2A and A2G

5. Multiplayer is pretty stable (with exception of occasional massive warpers)

6. It's challenging

7. in short, its the best combat flight sim so far...

8. oh and wait... many decent people online that I enjoy flying with that share same interest and passion for aircraft... again, priceless ;)

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

It's the flight models and pretty much what everyone else wrote.

The negatives of this game and the games industry pressures are apparent. It still escapes me how microprose would release a game in 1993 costing 40$ and today games still cost 40$ (and no, modern coding and efficient dev programs do not make up for this.) Sounds like a loss for consumers to pay 100$ but if it would give us better games (which we need) I would pay it. At any rate I digress....

The positives are apparent... wishing i lived in a vacuum ~ Fuddley

• Like 1

Main thing is SU-25/25T FM. Some time I feel like flying a simple game without complicated internet connections issues like falcon has and simple avionics, just connect find where to fly and have fun.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Lock On looks right and feels right. It's fun even just to fly around and explore the scenery. I also like that it's not uber realistic, it didn't take ages to learn. I like the choice of flyable planes, especially the Su-25T (and the AFM too). A great sim all in all.

• Like 1

For me it's mostly about my squad, that discovered many new horizons in the LO's world for me.

AMEN!

... something to fly around with before the DCS-Fighter-Modules are rreleased... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

i play Lock on because there's a great variety of weapons especially for the bombers i also play because of the SU-25 i like to fly with this plane not the SU-25T even if it's the same thing but the SU-25 has it's attraction and because of the smoothness nothing to have with for example a FS 2004 which is a great game but in which we have to face lags sometimes . i have Lock on for five years now and i still watch a kub launching it's missile at dawn with the same pleasure (when i know where it's located obviously expresss001.gif)

That's true, LO is a unique tool that unites people.

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=