AI Takeoff Bug

Bunny Clark

The AI seems to run into a weird bug where they cannot figure out how to takeoff from a crowded deck under specific circumstances.

In the attached mission there are 12 aircraft waiting to take off, but only two of them ever will. The problem seems to be linked to two things: there is a static tractor parked in front of the island, and one of the jets is a player jet. If either the tractor is moved, or all the jets are AI, they will all take off fine. But in this combination, it fails every time and it fails in the same way. Interestingly, if the tractor is moved, it will also shift the player spawn location.

Tested in both Stable and Open Beta.

CV Takeoff Test.miz

Every parking spot has it's own taxi route to cat (there are tutorials to that). If you block the route AI won't be able to taxi.

I wouldn't call it a bug, it's just simplification, I wouldn't expect ED wasting time on programming smart trace routing of taxi for any scenario on deck. Simply don't block AI's paths

Every parking spot has it's own taxi route to cat (there are tutorials to that). If you block the route AI won't be able to taxi.

I wouldn't call it a bug, it's just simplification, I wouldn't expect ED wasting time on programming smart trace routing of taxi for any scenario on deck. Simply don't block AI's paths

This particular tractor is in between the island and the aft edge marking of Elevator 2, an area marked as safe for static objects for all takeoff configurations in the Super Carrier manual. There's no reason for an AI to taxi through that area unless it was to collide with the island.

But even then, with that tractor in place, if all aircraft on the deck are AI they taxi and launch just fine. It only causes a problem when there is a player aircraft on the deck.

Ok, so tracktor isn't a problem, in first post you said it is.

AI won't taxi around player's plane. If it's blocking AI's taxi path it will stop or collide. I guess only walkaround is delying of AI taxing or player joining the mission. Or trying to make player spawn in different spot.

Ok, so tracktor isn't a problem, in first post you said it is.

AI won't taxi around player's plane. If it's blocking AI's taxi path it will stop or collide. I guess only walkaround is delying of AI taxing or player joining the mission. Or trying to make player spawn in different spot.

You're not understanding the problem. Load up the mission and see for yourself, it's pretty obvious within 30 seconds things aren't working right.

It's both. If the tractor is gone and one of the aircraft is a player, everyone still taxis and takes off fine. The player aircraft also usually spawns in a location where none of the AI need to taxi around it, so that's not an issue. Both a player and the tractor need to be present to cause the problem.

The AI seems to run into a weird bug where they cannot figure out how to takeoff from a crowded deck under specific circumstances.

Jep, seems like the bug i've filed some time ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-supercarrier/bugs-and-problems-bl/7123732-reported-parked-ai-aircraft-on-carrier-won-t-start-under-some-conditions

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3