New Rig!

Hi All,

I just build this new rig for DCS & MSFS2020. Hope this boost my Framerates. Your thoughts please.

CHASSIS DESIGN (ULTRACORE) : Lian Li O11D (Black) CPU OPTIONS (ULTRACORE / EXPLORER) :

AMD RYZEN 9 5950X | 4.9 GHZ | 16 Cores 32 Threads

MOTHERBOARD (ULTRACORE) : ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming

GRAPHICS CARD (ULTRACORE) : ASUS RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB

THERMAL COMPOUND : Premium Enthusiast Grade Thermal Compound

RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (Ultracore/Explorer) : 32GB Corsair Vengence RGB PRO 3600mhz ( 4X8GB )

CPU COOLING SYSTEM (Desktop) : WATERCOOLING : NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm (LED Display)

Primary Solid State Drive (NVME | M.2 | DESKTOP) : 1TB AORUS GEN4 SSD (R: 5000 | W: 4400) (B550|X570 MB Only)

Secondary Solid State Drive Bay : 1TB NVME Gen4 SSD AORUS

First Hard Drive (Optimal Series) : 2TB TOSHIBA 7200RPM HDD SECOND HARD DRIVE (DT) :

RGB Chassis LED Lights CHASSIS FANS : NZXT AER RGB 2 120mm + Digital Controller Pack (Fans X 6)

CUSTOM CABLE SLEEVES : LIAN LI STRIMER PLUS RGB

GIGABYTE AORUS GC-WBAX200 Premium Wifi 6 + BT 5.0 (Includes Premium AORUS Antenna)

POWER SUPPLY UNIT (Premium Range) : 850W Superflower Leadex3 80+ Gold

Certified PSU (Fully Modular) OPERATING SYSTEM : Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Thank you

Regards

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

It will for sure

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Why in God's name do you run Win10 HOME edition ???

I mean, this is a real nice rig, no flaws, no cut corners and then that: HOME edition ...leaves me puzzled.

There are certain things Home edition cannot do and with such a rig I'd go to ebay and get me a Pro for less than 5€.

Another thing, not critical, is the PSU. 850Watts is OK but for such a beefy GPU and multicore CPU I'd have picked a bigger ( 1kW ) and better one ( Platinum or Titanium ). Superflower is a good pick, just for my taste a bigger one would match the overall impression of that PC better. On the other hand, as long as you do not overclock the GPU and not use all 16 cores at full blast together with the oc'ed GPU screaming you will likely play DCS at the PSU's sweetspot at around ~400w aka 50% load. So it actually depends on what you do with the rig. Either way, you will not get near the 850w in any case unless you use sub-Zero LN cooling and that kinda stuff.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Why in God's name do you run Win10 HOME edition ???

I mean, this is a real nice rig, no flaws, no cut corners and then that: HOME edition ...leaves me puzzled.

There are certain things Home edition cannot do and with such a rig I'd go to ebay and get me a Pro for less than 5€.

Another thing, not critical, is the PSU. 850Watts is OK but for such a beefy GPU and multicore CPU I'd have picked a bigger ( 1kW ) and better one ( Platinum or Titanium ). Superflower is a good pick, just for my taste a bigger one would match the overall impression of that PC better. On the other hand, as long as you do not overclock the GPU and not use all 16 cores at full blast together with the oc'ed GPU screaming you will likely play DCS at the PSU's sweetspot at around ~400w aka 50% load. So it actually depends on what you do with the rig. Either way, you will not get near the 850w in any case unless you use sub-Zero LN cooling and that kinda stuff.

Thank you for input. what's the difference in Home and Pro edition that can benefit and for the power...which would you recommend as well.I still have the time to make changes Sir. Please advise. Thank you

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

Awsome rig!, but..... WiFi 6 instead of 6e?

You should try that 6e or thinking on a future upgrade on that if finding a hard way getting one right now (The Intel MoBos and ultrabooks allready have one of those, so: is mainstream now and inproves greatly over WiFi 6) (If wavelenght is allowed for use in your area).

Thank you for input. what's the difference in Home and Pro edition that can benefit and for the power...which would you recommend as well.I still have the time to make changes Sir. Please advise. Thank you

The main differencies are Memory Management, Group Policy and a few others that may or may be a decisive factor for you like RDP, Bitlocker, Trusted Boot, Hyper-V, Sandbox, Domain Membership ( Azure, Exchange 365 etc.. )

In my world, the only thing I do with Home is deinstall and put a Pro on :)

A good PSU is a Tier1 CPU, built with top dog parts. Less ripple noise, ultra stable voltages under load and a safety margin of 20+%. My pick for the last 3 years has been Seasonic Prime either Platinum or Titanium, depending on the use case of the customer.

Corsair does not built their PSUs, they are built for them by others from Tier3 to Tier1. AX and AXi are the best ones they have.

Look for the warranty, a top Tier1 PSU has 10-12years warranty, 7y is like Tier2 and dont consider any less as sufficient.

Look here: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

The main differencies are Memory Management, Group Policy and a few others that may or may be a decisive factor for you like RDP, Bitlocker, Trusted Boot, Hyper-V, Sandbox, Domain Membership ( Azure, Exchange 365 etc.. )

In my world, the only thing I do with Home is deinstall and put a Pro on :)

A good PSU is a Tier1 CPU, built with top dog parts. Less ripple noise, ultra stable voltages under load and a safety margin of 20+%. My pick for the last 3 years has been Seasonic Prime either Platinum or Titanium, depending on the use case of the customer.

Corsair does not built their PSUs, they are built for them by others from Tier3 to Tier1. AX and AXi are the best ones they have.

Look for the warranty, a top Tier1 PSU has 10-12years warranty, 7y is like Tier2 and dont consider any less as sufficient.

Look here: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_a...wDatabase.html

100%. I experienced this first hand and I spent years tweaking the Home Edition with every crack in the book, the core is rotten.

Finally I resorted to swapping to Windows 10 Pro.

I suggested Corsair (mine is a Corsair TX750M 750W Semi Modular Gold Certified) but also doing some home work, the reason why I chose Corsair is because I saw some testers at CEX using one for their bench and he was happy with it, plus it was relatively cheap at £92.99, that's roughly £45 cheaper than a Focus PX-750 750W 80+ Platinum.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.