Trains

rayrayblues

Currently, trains are working pretty good. I can place them where I like and they follow the waypoints as ordered however,

I would like to be able to see them on the F10 map and F7 ground vehicle view.

Is there any way to make this happen?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Do tracks now allow train travel in both directions?

It depends on the map. Caucasus is no problem

Two trains in opposite directions on double tracks.

Normandy will only spawn one train at a time, even on double tracks.

When the train reaches the last waypoint it will back up to the first waypoint

and then go forward again. See short video:

The only rail tracks on Persian Gulf are for light rail, not trains. Apparently the Emirates don't have a railroad system,

or maybe it's just not included in ED's map.

I don't own Syria or The Channel so I can't comment on those.

All I really want is for trains to show on the F10 map and F7 ground view.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

There is a rail yard about 4nm west of Havadarya air field in the Persian Gulf map. In addition to being able to see trains in F7 or F10 view, does anyone know how to detect when it is destroyed? The usual trigger condition "group dead" did not work for me.

eH3GtVH.thumb.jpg.baecd6795d58c0a0164892b2a193d352.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
i9-9900k 3.6 GHz, 64 GB 3200 MHz ram
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
RTX 4090, Samsung 970 pro NVMe

On 11/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, ST0RM said:

On the NTTR map, the trains are the electric European type by default. Since these are embedded into the map and not placed via the ME, can I change these someplace to the correct, US Diesels?

If you're talking about the civil traffic trains on the map, you can't change them. All you can do is create your own trains using the ME and

Locomotive CHME3T. You can simply add them to the map with or without civil traffic.

spacer.png

Edited by rayrayblues
  • Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

On 11/28/2020 at 3:28 AM, rayrayblues said:

It depends on the map. Caucasus is no problem

Two trains in opposite directions on double tracks.

Normandy will only spawn one train at a time, even on double tracks.

When the train reaches the last waypoint it will back up to the first waypoint

and then go forward again. 

BTW. I've got multiple trains working on most of Normandy now. There are still a few places where I can't get them to spawn, but

It's better now. I have one mission with 11 trains.

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

6 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

If you're talking about the civil traffic trains on the map, you can't change them. All you can do is create your own trains using the ME and

Locomotive CHME3T. You can simply add them to the map with or without civil traffic.

Thank you for the reply. 

Its a shame they neglected to fix that and several other errors on that map. 

For NTTR you might like this one better. It's the ES44AH.

It even has an American flag on the side.spacer.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• 1 month later...

^BUMP^

I just would like to see them on the F7 Ground Vehicle view and F10 Map view.

Thank you............

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 11:14 AM, Vettefan said:

Anybody aware of a solution to make trains visible in F10 / F7 since the last post?   🤔

Thanks!

@BIGNEWY

They are now visible on F10 map and LCtrl+F12 view, however, missions made before the change might not show them at all. Only on F10.

You can fly right over them and they are invisible. Seems you must make a new mission in order to see them.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

1 hour ago, rayrayblues said:

@BIGNEWY

They are now visible on F10 map and LCtrl+F12 view, however, missions made before the change might not show them at all. Only on F10.

You can fly right over them and they are invisible. Seems you must make a new mission in order to see them.

Disregard previous message.

@BIGNEWY

A big thank you to ED for finally fixing trains. We can now see where they are.

IDK what happened. I just restarted the game, started a 1 year old mission and now all trains are visible.

The only thing I see wrong right now is that they are a bit more resistant to gunfire. A little harder to kill with guns. Gotta' aim for the wheels.

There is also no sound. All trains are silent.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• ED Team

Its better, but they still need some work, issues have been reported to the team.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is better and thanks ED,a little while ago......there were no trains,I have flown with the new trains.....these are great,of course there's always room for improvement but the trains IMHO are superb 👍

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I started playing with trains as a result of watching a recent Grim Reapers video. My experience has been mixed, see below:

1. The Train View (LCTRL + F12) has no effect. The Vehicle View (F7) does not snap to the selected train. The only way to view the train is to look at the F10 Map, select the train icon, then press LSHIFT + F11. Afterwards, I have to use the W-A-S-D to zoom in/out and pan around the map area to find the train.

2. Viewing the train is also hit and miss. One train is visible from the LSHIFT + F11 view and two others are invisible. The icons are on the map but the train is hidden, for some reason. All 3 trains were added at the same time.

3. Late activation and triggered events also do not work. For example, a second train spawns when the first train is destroyed. This mechanism does not work. I used the Group Dead conditional statement and the Group Alive Less Than conditional statement in my logical argument. The second "late activation" train thinks the first train is dead then immediately spawns. However, both trains appear on the map.

4. The Hold function in the Advanced Waypoints Tab does not work for train units. For example, a passenger train will not stop at terminals along a path.

5. These locomotives and rail cars do not require the WWII Assets Pack:
Loco VL80 Electric (A twin engine setup with electrical pantographs that connect to overhead wires)

Loco CHME3T (Short & stocky engine, looks Soviet by design)

Loco ES44AH (Modern GE style diesel-electric engine, in a Union Pacific skin)

Coach Platform

Flatcar

Freight Van

Open Wagon

Passenger Car

Tank Cartinity

Tank Car blue

Tank Car yellow

Well Car

@BIGNEWY, et al:

Any recommendations to get the late activation triggers working? I'll upload a track file shortly, for further examination.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

Thanks, we still have some work to do and I will add your feedback to our open report. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY,

See the link to download 2 files. These show my issues with the trains. One train starts at the terminal house south of Port Jebel Ali. The second train starts at Rajaei Port, west of Havadarya.

The 1st file had invisible trains.

Trains not visible track

The second file has visible trains. It was really strange!

Trains visible now track - google drive

Sorry, I couldn't attach the files as each was over 5MB.

Edited by GeoS72
Added download links

I can't speak for everyone or every map,but the trains are definitely working for me using the Channel map,the LCtrl +F12 camera is also working too,if you have a Loco and say 5 wagons the first time you use it,it will show the loco then every time it is used again it will show each of the 5 wagons in turn.It will then pickup the next train if created.

I then use my mouse to direct the camera and the mouse wheel to zoom in or zoom out,see pics below to show some different perspectives.

In the train set up within my pics I have chosen the Loco DRG Class 86 and Wagon G10 (Germany) under the Third Reich Flag and I am using the Channel map.

My only gripe is the damage model requires a tweak,if you clinically destroy a rail bridge close to the on coming train even though the bridge is destroyed on the map,the train will pass over the damaged section to the next bit of track as if the bridge was still in one piece.This is small potatoes though,to have a working damageable train that can go from waypoint to waypoint is a big step in the right direction.

FHp1gZ9.jpg

7makjq7.jpg

ldTKs7s.jpg

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

i got them to work and using LCtrl+F12 also works! are there trains that have AA and shoot back if you're attacking them?

almost nailed it 😉 

1-nailedit.jpg

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Here are two links to track files that shows trains visible on a home hosted server and invisible on my squadron's server. These tracks represent the same mission but one is hosted on a network server (invisible trains) and the second was "hosted" on my PC (visible trains).

Jousters Server - Invisible Trains

Private Hosted Server - Visible Trains

The train locations:

1. West of Havadarya in the port.

2. East of Lar

3. Port Jebel Ali (look for the Jebel Ali Palm - left most Palm Island)

The really odd thing about the mission from which these track files are taken - the trains were visible in an earlier version of the Persian Gulf map.

P.S. The train does not follow any waypoint actions, such as follow speed recommendations. The speed is always set at 32 kts, regardless of what the user defines.

Edited by GeoS72
Added post script.

As an FYI, they are still buggy in MP missions. I created a mission and sometimes clients could see them and sometimes they see them but the train doesn't move. Also, I tried to trigger smoke markers as the train passed into the zone and that didn't work either.  Looking forward to seeing them work!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

can't make trigger works either, 😞  i need to be able to detect if my train is arrived to a certain point for a mission failed message and along the road to be able to hint the players on how much time they got left

Train are good for air attack but very cool to land on with chopper it makes excelent missions 🙂