[CORRECT AS IS]Su-25a switches laser back on when trying to force-launch with laser off

Cdodders

When doing testing with the Su-25a and Su-25T to find out if they can be buddy lased (not using the Vikhrs), it was found that both aircraft see the laser mark and the Su-25T can then launch a laser guided weapon (not Vikhrs) with it's own laser switched off and the weapon guides in well enough. However, with the Su-25a, it switches it's own laser back on when launching the weapon, causing the tracking to go all screwy. We even had the missile track the buddy-lasing aircraft for a few seconds.

We had a thought that this is a bug that has gone unnoticed due to the lack of people attempting to buddy lase for Frogfoots, so here I am reporting this as a bug

PFA this DropBox with 2x in cockpit recordings and Track file from the Su-25A pilot who assisted in the testing. Also has a cockpit recording from the Su-25T for comparison

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9wmtx6z64...kEQAMdCLa?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Thanks for the track, I am asking the team if this is intended behaviour for the Su-25 laser, I will let you know once I have some info.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Su-25/T can not works with external laser illumination in real.
We did not plan, implement and did not test such features.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [CORRECT AS IS]Su-25a switches laser back on when trying to force-launch with laser off
On 12/2/2020 at 5:58 PM, Chizh said:

Su-25/T can not works with external laser illumination in real.

Could you (or anyone else that knows) explain what prevents it from using external illumination? Do Russian laser seekers synchronize their code with the launch platform at launch? Or does the launch platform provide some kind of initial seeking guidance? Also, should the ka-50 also not be able to use external laser illumination, since it uses the same Kh-25ML?

• ED Team
1 час назад, BlackPixxel сказал:

There was one experimental vehicle in Afghanistan. Further work on this topic was ceased. Standard Su-25 aircraft do not have such capabilities.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• 1 year later...

I understand the difficulty you must be having in researching such hardware and how it's capabilities might differ from domestic...That said,  Even if you can't buddy lase for an Su-25A then you could at least set it from auto-lase to off.  Maybe even remove the laser code from exclusion in JTAC

Edited by J. T. Frost