MDIs and AMPCD have strange bottom shaded half of display.

Hello, I have been experiencing this issue with primarily the F/A-18C MDIs. I have screen shot to show compare and contrast views of this.

This is when it's ok.

799150999_Screen_201122_142601_woline.thumb.png.fbb4426cc3d356d03487045d400e0864.png

This is when it's not.

Screen_201123_202633_wline.thumb.png.1e95cbb2e5ce5d3d0aa2bdf49f826b63.pngwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

There appears to be a shaded area on the bottom half of the MDI. This appears in even when using the TGP. The shaded area distorts the view of the TGP making it hard to distinguish targets.

I have searched previously for anyone that may have experienced this issue but I haven't found any other related post regarding this.

MB:Gigabye GA-970A-UD3

Processor: AMD FX-8320E Eight Core, 3200MHz

RAM: 32GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

793634215_Screen_201122_142601_woline.thumb.png.30d2a78623682356aa8eea4f12f4fc0a.png

Sometime it'll take awhile after I had been flying sometimes I'll notice it right when I start the aircraft and performing an aligning, it simply pops up in some cases. Shows up on all MDI/AMPCDs when using the HSI, the TGP and just the normal TAC and SUPT screens. You can barely see it there but you can notice that the bottom half is shaded. The shad also seems to intensify. I have no idea what is causing this.

dcs.log

Thank you. I don't see many errors but this one might be important:

2020-11-25 00:11:59.644 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error MarkPanel.show:[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:69: Invalid arguments!.

Please try this:

1. Rename your "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS" folder as "DCS_backup" (do not delete it). Launch the game (you'll have default settings and default controls) and see if the issue still appears.
  2. If step 1 was unsuccessful, try the cleanup and repair procedure.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

683647825_RightMDIwithbottomshadebug.thumb.png.fc8c33da91716d89fd01fc2c33b09d15.png

I have followed the instructions provided and have ran several test with various settings. When I renamed the DCS backup, DCS created a new DCS folder in saved games and reset the configurations that was previously set as expected. I went with the presets (running a mission on the lowest graphic settings and resolution) and didn't notice it appearing but maybe once however running it with the textures on medium or high settings the problem occurs about 5-10 minutes of running a missions. I would also like to point out that I have noticed this on other modules as well such as the A-10C and the AV-8B. Their MFD seem to have this shade problem too.

Just trying to narrow it down, could it be a textures problem that I have or perhaps a graphics card issue?

The log file was attached right after running into the problem again.

dcs.log

I've looked for a similar issue in the very populated Hornet section of the forum, but I found nothing like this.

You should try the cleanup and repair procedure.

By the way, since you have the bug with the fresh "Saved Games\DCS", you can revert to your former DCS folder (the one called "DCS_backup"). You'll get your settings and controls back.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Copy copy, perhaps I'll experiment with another graphics card in case this current on is not able to handle certain textures. I also cannot see the AV-8B's hud on a low texture setting and it could be a local machine issue. Once again thanks for your help Flappie.