[CHK] Very degraded performance within Beirut terminal area

I've noticed in my mission that when jumping in the cockpit of the JF17 I placed in Beirut, I drop to 8 FPS while in other JF17 parked in other airports, I have 40+FPS.

Its seems like something strange is happening ; the profile says the simulation is taking forever.

You can test the bare mission I created to illustrate this bug by jumping in the JF17 and checking your FPS.

This performance drop only happens with the JF17 ; the same spot with the F16 or the F14 was fine.

Additionally, you can see on the screenshot that the 'simulation' profiler is spiking.

It's very strange ; the performance goes back up when you leave the parking area and take off and goes back down if you come back.

Thanks

JF17_Syria_Bug.miz

Screen_201123_204403.thumb.png.4ce4115abec47c591cc038145909b48c.png

Screen_201123_204357.thumb.png.28443fa3576fc80b89c0f8deaa9d7840.png

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Not really ; I have good performance in this map and around this very Beirut area with the 2 other planes I fly (F16 and F14).

This issue only appears with the JF-17 which I forget to specify in my initial post and will add (Thanks for making me think of it)

My friend had the exact same problem in the JF17 but not in the F14.

On top of that, the fact that the 'simulation' DCS profiler is spiking indicates more of a system going crazy on CPU.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm that I was able to reproduce the issue easily:

Only in the JF-17, within the terminal area of Beirut airport. I was running about 1 fps (!) in VR. As soon as I managed to exit this area, the frame rate returns to a more normal 40/50 fps.

I do not have this frame rate problem with other aircraft such as the F-14A or the Viggen in the exact same spot.

That why I believe this maybe an avionic bug (maybe ground radar ray-tracing? even if it was not displayed) which may be triggered by some odd geometry in this airport.

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

hmm, i can see same result

but if i stay there for a longer time, then fps will be restored.

That why I believe this maybe an avionic bug (maybe ground radar ray-tracing? even if it was not displayed) which may be triggered by some odd geometry in this airport.

on ground, radar is off

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] Very degraded performance within Beirut terminal area
23 hours ago, uboats said:

hmm, i can see same result

but if i stay there for a longer time, then fps will be restored.

on ground, radar is off

It's still unplayable for me after the patch ; the JF-17 stays at choppy framerate (1 frame every 10 seconds) for at least 4 min then I stopped testing because even if it comes back to normal ; at this point it's still a bug to fix 🙂

If you can reproduce it ; it's good news ; easy to investigate and fix.

Still happening just with the JF17 ; just in certain spots ; hot from parking.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread