Mirage F1 project update

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MIRAGE F1 BY AERGES ENGINEERING SL Dear DCS users, We are happy to announce you the development of Mirage F1 by Aerges Engineering SL. We can imagine your surprise for such news, but you shouldn’t

Here you have an update on the 3D model and texture work. Pictures of the Mirage F1 M: https://www.facebook.com/AergesEngineeringSL/posts/222616346193006

seconded. having had access to the SAAF musuem F1C that scored a mig kill in Angola, I have always loved the F1. I am so glad they are taking their time and fleshing it out. Really looking forward to

14 minutes ago, IvanK said:

very useful, thanks a lot 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 hours ago, IvanK said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the later model F1 look down shoot down capability was not PD but some other pseudo look down shoot down thing. with an MTI type function.

Interesting if it was an external coherence MTI like the mig23's sapfir radar.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

15 hours ago, IvanK said:

On no, another jet with radar stick...

• Haha 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

"On no, another jet with radar stick... "

I have many hours Stick fiddling 🙂  ergonomically it was pretty neat. (Cyrano II Mirage IIIO)

Cyrano_stick.jpg

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, IvanK said:

"On no, another jet with radar stick... "

I have many hours Stick fiddling 🙂  ergonomically it was pretty neat. (Cyrano II Mirage IIIO)

Cyrano_stick.jpg

Nice.

Mainly for me its a pain to use them since they almost always weird button/slider arrangements. For the viggen and F14 I use a spare F16 stick (FSSB). But they all have "wheels" and other stuff to consider, plus its awkward for me in VR since I can't exactly do what you have since I also use that stick for the viper. So it basically sits "next" to the throttle, which makes using it or the throttle awkward.

TBH I'd totally buy another "radar" stick if some company made them. Same with a harrier throttle, or russian style sliding throttles.

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 11:35 PM, Harlikwin said:

or russian style sliding throttles

Apparently VKB is working on a version of their upcoming TECS that is a slider type throttle:
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5054

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

7 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Apparently VKB is working on a version of their upcoming TECS that is a slider type throttle:
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5054

Cool I guess. But really, I question the Su35/57 throttle idea, I mean we don't have em in DCS, and from a quick glance its not even close to the current Russian stuff we do have in DCS. I personally have 3 other throttles, but if there was one that was a copy of an actual in game plane, I'd get it. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 12:18 AM, TLTeo said:

Those would be the F1M as far as I understand, not the original EEs that Spain got.

Only the earliest variants of the Cyrano radar lacked look down/shoot down capability. It's unclear what BVR missiles will be carried by each variant though.

The issue with look down/shoot down capability was not only the radar itself but also the MATRA Super 530 F, the Thomson-CSF Cyrano IV lacked the performances to follow targets with continued illumination of target at low altitude but also the Super 530 F wasn't designed for this.

AdlA considered the AIM-7 Sparow to be superior for interception in this aspect but less reliable, the reason was the seeker's lack of doppler capabilities, it came with the D variant and the Mirage 2000, but the first 2000 were equiped with the rafar RDM and Super 530F.

From 1987, they considered the Sparrow M variant and the Super 530 D as having equivalent performances, the improvement from the F to the D included an EMD semi-active doppler seeker with a 50km range.

http://marc.mistral.free.fr/aventure/militaire/missiles tactiques/mt 59 79/mt ch 08.htm

http://marc.mistral.free.fr/aventure/militaire/missiles tactiques/mt 59 79/mt ch 09.htm

Edited by Thinder
  • Like 2

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX 7B86vHB1(Beta version) BIOS, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 CL14, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS. My G2 is DEAD, I'll get VR again when headsets will be better.

M-2000C. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. MiG-29 "Fulcrum". 

Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes.