Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

On 11/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, jojo said:

I'm not sure.

I would say it's an easy modification. But given the fact they didn't have Super 530F before procuring former Qataris Mirage F1 EDA, they probably didn't do it.

Spain bought EF/A-18A (C.15) in the 1980', upgrading the Mirage F1 was probably a lower priority.

It would be wise for Aerges to make a French Mirage F1 C-200, apart from the weapons, it's very close to the CE.

The Spanish Air Force completed a modernization upgrade to the fleet in the late 1990s.  The project included a revised cockpit with color LCDs and a Smart HUD from Sextant Avionique, a Sextant inertial navigation system with GPS interface; NATO-compatible Have Quick 2 secure communications; Mode 4 digital IFF; a defensive aids suite; and flight recorders. The radar was upgraded to Cyrano IVM standard, adding sea search and air to ground ranging modes.  Was in service with Spanish Airforce till 2010, exocet compatiility was added too.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, WinterH said:

I, for one, applaud the initiative to give us 4 versions, some of them being quite different between them. I am ok for however long it takes. We can use many aircraft with different versions in DCS.

Absolutely agreed!

Back when I played a certain 'lite' combat flight simulator, I loved having lots of variants (and not just for aircraft either) so I love that Aerges is giving us so many (with stark differences too).

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Seconded, I see no issues there. They have to make the simplest variant first anyway fully before they can add more systems on top of that for subsequent variants.

Kind of wished ED did the same with the Hornet and made some earlier Block first (e.g. some early/mid 90s standard) and then added all these fancy features later on for the much newer Block they're modelling.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 3

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I really can't wait to fly this bird. 

First, as french, any new French jet in DCS is a welcome addition. Plus, I live near Reims, and until some years ago, I can saw the mirage F1 CR from the BA 112, flying over my house, and sometime, having some fun with some Belgian F16. 

Thanks guys for recreating this awesome plane.

On 12/16/2020 at 1:55 PM, Dudikoff said:

Seconded, I see no issues there. They have to make the simplest variant first anyway fully before they can add more systems on top of that for subsequent variants.

Kind of wished ED did the same with the Hornet and made some earlier Block first (e.g. some early/mid 90s standard) and then add all these fancy features later on for the much newer Block they're modelling.

Absolutely! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This is fantastic news. I am most definitely looking forward to the F1 in DCS.

As a young South African boy going to airshows,  I can always remember the F1s being the highlight of the program, except for the C-130.

I believe that South Africa was the launch customer for the F1C, and I do not think that there were too many differences between the French and South African variants (bar maybe the English layout in the cockpit).

Mirage F1 in SAAF service

The F1 has been my favorite fighter jet for many many, years followed closely by the F-16.

I cannot wait to see this F1 in DCS, and I know I will be making some SAAF textures for it before long.

I am not sure if I could get my hands on information for the F1AZ (Ground attack variant), but perhaps that could be a possibility one day? The F1A was also used by Libya.

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 2

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder

On 12/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, henshao said:

does any version of mirage f1 carry more than 2 medium-range missiles?

I think some could carry 3, 2 under wings and 1 under fuselage, never saw pictures of it but I remember seeing a hardpoint loadout schematic showing one of the versions carrying 3, can't remember which one.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Just found this particular thread, k just want to say DAY ONE buy for this guy... You guys did an amazing job following through with the 101 (in spite of some dark times) and the Mirage F1 looks Heatblur level quality (which is high praise)

Hope you guys have a great Christmas, can't wait to give you money! 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Manin80 said:

Hello !

When can we expect the Mirage F1 to be released?
I admit I can't wait to fly on this plane.
I hope quickly at the beginning of the year!
Happy New Year everyone !

Very good question !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...