Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

Just now, TLTeo said:

Yeah, some of the more egregious things (like AMRAAMs or HARMs on a Tomcat) I think should not be allowed, but if non-Spanish F-1Cs could carry e.g. the 530F, I think it's fine to include. We'll see what Aerges decide though.

precisely! No one is asking for meteors or anything

One thing that I think  Aerges should do 100% is add the exocet for the F1M the upgraded radar of this version allowed for sea scan modes and was exocet compatible so I really hope to see it. It would be so much fun doing anti shipping ops in the PG map.

Edited by potatoman530
Grammar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi, not a native english speaker ... looked up cosplay on a dictionary and couldn’t understand its meaning on a DCS context ... can you please clarify?

Cosplay comes from the shortening of "costume play", which is referred when people dress up as fictional characters, often in the context of superhero, sci-fi, or fantasy themed characters etc...

In this reference he's says that the M variant of the F1 is kinda the exception of the F1 series, and not really a representation of most F1's that where involved in actual combat (with maybe the Iraq F1's coming somewhere between the later E varients and the Final M varient).

So using the Mirage F1M to represent the older varients of F1 like the C variant (that I think didn't carry the 530F because of it's older radar) or the E variant (which did carry the 530F and had a better rada) is like trying to use the current F-16C Viper we have in game to represent (cosplay) something like the early F-16A's in the 1982 Lebbenon war. They are both F-16's but the A has a fair number of significant differences to the C

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Like 2

For me, one of the most important issues is getting the IR missiles working properly.  Where rear-aspect missiles act like rear-aspect and all-aspect missiles act like all-aspect.  This is still an issue in the C-101 and I know it has something to do with a DCS limitation with mixed IR capabilities but I hope they can find a way around it.  This concern came to mind when they mentioned in the stream that the F-1 can carry a number of AIM-9 variants.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kontiuka said:

For me, one of the most important issues is getting the IR missiles working properly.  Where rear-aspect missiles act like rear-aspect and all-aspect missiles act like all-aspect.  This is still an issue in the C-101 and I know it has something to do with a DCS limitation with mixed IR capabilities but I hope they can find a way around it.  This concern came to mind when they mentioned in the stream that the F-1 can carry a number of AIM-9 variants.

What issue are you having with the current rear aspect missiles?

27 minutes ago, CrazyGman said:

What issue are you having with the current rear aspect missiles?

The rear-aspects are fine.  The problem is that the all-aspect AIM-9M (and the Magic) behaves like a rear-aspect.  And you also have to get very close to get a lock tone.  Maybe not the biggest issue in the world for the C-101 but in the F-1, I think it would be undesirable.

Edited by kontiuka

5 hours ago, kontiuka said:

The rear-aspects are fine.  The problem is that the all-aspect AIM-9M (and the Magic) behaves like a rear-aspect.  And you also have to get very close to get a lock tone.  Maybe not the biggest issue in the world for the C-101 but in the F-1, I think it would be undesirable.

Are your sure that is a programing thing? Or a limitations of the planes weapon systems. There is no cage/uncage button i believe on the C-101 and I don't know if it has the proper wiring so that the cooling system can be used to cool the seeker (allowing for longer range front aspect shots. go fire some AiM 9m's or Magics when you don't uncage the seeker, they frequently miss then, because the seeker is still looking boresight when it clears the rails and at that point the closing distance of your target will likely put the front aspet small heat signature of your enemy out of the view of the uncaged AIM 9m

I know, everyone is asking for 530's , exocets etc  but could you (Aerges) add also the.... Aim-9P 😵? The missile is arleady in the game and it was used from the F1-CG's (in the P3 and P5 variants iirc). Would be cool to practice bfm's with that. 

Edited by jaguara5
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jaguara5 said:

I know, everyone is asking for 530's , exocets etc  but could you (Aerges) add also the.... Aim-9P 😵? It's arleady in game and was used from the F1-CG's (in the P3 and P5 variants iirc). Would be cool to practice bfm's with that. 

Yup, I hope they add them.

• Like 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

33 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

So, for people who couldn't make the airshow, would anybody kindly give a summary of what could be seen/ was discussed?

Just a few bullet-points to get an idea what everybody is getting excited about 🙂

It's still on twitch and can be found here, 03:52:45 is the timestamp you're after.

I'll try and make a summary.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The 2  most important points IMO are 

1) The module is in an advanced state, as can be seen  in the respective videos they have posted. They have shown basic functionlaity for different hud / gunsight modes and a dogfight video. 

2) There is no release date to share 

Edited by jaguara5
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

So, for people who couldn't make the airshow, would anybody kindly give a summary of what could be seen/ was discussed?

Just a few bullet-points to get an idea what everybody is getting excited about 🙂

Sure thing,

-Several pre recorded videos were shown during the interview showcasing the FM, HUD, aircraft systems in a cold start and a compressor stall restart as well as a guns only dog fight against a mig-23 this is what was shown in the videos in the background.

-In the interview it self they talked about the size of the dev team(5 members)and there various skills and backgrounds they also mentioned that they had the help of a real mirage f1 pilot. They talked about the versions of the plane being made for DCS the CE BE EE and M 

-They mentioned weapons that would be included on the Mirage F1CE version for what I heard these are the weapons: R.550 Magic 1, Aim-9B Aim-9G and Aim-9M and the IR version of the Matra R-530 these are the fox-2s, For semi active radar missiles on the initial version (CE) it will include the radar guided R.530 only from the looks of it right now. Then they mentioned ground ordinance which was to include a large selection of dumb bombs including the matra durandal anti runway bombs, rocket pods and external gun pods also LGBs without the ability to self designate. They did say that the  F1-M would have the ability to take the super 530F however I hope that they allow to be on at least the EE version of the F1.

-The question on what they would estimate a release time period to be they did not answer which is totally understandable because its ready when its ready, but from the looks of it the FM is complete same with the switches cockpit and the hud we did also see the guns firing the one thing that we have yet to see is the radar so that is whats probably still yet to be developed along with radar guided weapons.     

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

One of the big takeaways from the interview I noticed is that they are not sticking to the pure realism of an exact variant from an exact point in time unlike other DCS modules. For example Spain never had Matra Durandels from my research, but they mentioned they will be on the F1 same with the Magic 1s. What this allows is players who want to play as another nations version of the F1 to do so. Because if there were only sidewinders people who would want to play as a south African mirage F1 or a Ecuadorian Mirage F1 would not be able to do so realistically in missions. And say if a server owner/operator wanted to make the Mirage F1 a specific variant for balance purposes or historical accuracy they can with the loadout restrictor.      

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the all-aspect missile stuff, it is also an issue on the L-39 (the R-60M is supposed to be somewhat all aspect but it isn't), but not on the F-5 (the AIM-9P5 is all aspect, the P3 and B are not), Mig-21bis (the R-60M is somewhat all aspect, the R-3R is all aspect, but the R-60/R-13M/R-13/R-3 not really), or Viggen (R-24 and R-24J are not all aspect, the R-74 is), so it kinda depends on the module and for the most part it's fine.

Edited by TLTeo

On 10/23/2021 at 10:23 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Hi, not a native english speaker ... looked up cosplay on a dictionary and couldn’t understand its meaning on a DCS context ... can you please clarify?

I believe he means dressing up a specific variant or sub-variant to represent an earlier or later model.

I.E. - skinning an F-16C to look like an F-16A but still having all of the capabilities and upgrades that the C has over the A.

• Like 1

I hope to have this awesome Mirage F1 module released by next spring. Before I join the Air Force in my home country...

Is the air-to-ground armament that will be included in MirageF1CE unguided only?

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU
  • Like 1

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.