Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

Yeah, looks like its moving along pretty good. IDK about a Q2 release unless other systems are already far along. Q3 tho seems pretty feasible.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

31 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah, looks like its moving along pretty good. IDK about a Q2 release unless other systems are already far along. Q3 tho seems pretty feasible.

Sounds to me like after they get their next FM feedback from their pilot and tweak the FM, they are gonna go for EA. Sounds good to me

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Oh forgot to ask, what are the radar modes of the modern version?

someone correct me if im wrong, but the modern version should have
RWS and TWS for air to air
Air to ground ranging modes for CCRP and CCIP
Sea Scan mode for naval targets

We discussed this in the thread months ago, but basically the Cyrano IV is not a true Doppler radar a-la APG68/73 et al., so I it shouldn't have has any sort of fancy TWS mode, even the updated ones. The reason it has (limited) look down/shoot down capabilities because it has some sort of MTI mode though, a bit like e.g. the Mig-23ML and F-104S/ASA - in plenty of sources I've read, some in this thread, those 3 are all described as having comparable-ish radar performance. Also, people here mentioned that the -M received ground mapping and obstacle avoidance modes, like the ones in e.g. the Viggen and A-4.

Edited by TLTeo

13 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

We discussed this in the thread months ago, but basically the Cyrano IV is not a true Doppler radar a-la APG68/73 et al., so I it shouldn't have has any sort of fancy TWS mode, even the updated ones. The reason it has (limited) look down/shoot down capabilities because it has some sort of MTI mode though, a bit like e.g. the Mig-23ML and F-104S/ASA - in plenty of sources I've read, some in this thread, those 3 are all described as having comparable-ish radar performance. Also, people here mentioned that the -M received ground mapping and obstacle avoidance modes, like the ones in e.g. the Viggen and A-4.

Ive seen that the IVM has TWS but only in a certain limited mode (i forgot the name of it) from one of my Cyrano IV manuals. ill have another look to see if I can refind that information but it might take a while. keep in mind that even if it does have TWS it will resort to STT when engaging the target.

Interesting, I wonder how it could build a proper track if it's not a Doppler radar. Maybe it's more akin to e.g. SAM in the APG-68?

edit: ok it gets weirder, apparently the Cyrano IV also had Doppler beam sharpening modes...so why would it have no Doppler A/A modes?

Edited by TLTeo

3 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Interesting, I wonder how it could build a proper track if it's not a Doppler radar. Maybe it's more akin to e.g. SAM in the APG-68?

I believe the IVM was a monopulse doppler radar. this all depends on which version you're talking about

The document linked in this thread (https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/253872-mirage-f1-project-update/?do=findComment&comment=4492204) I'm looking at seems to be from the 80s, before the -M upgrades, and mentions the IV-2 version of the radar as having that mode, which I imagine is what was carried by the -E, while the IV-1 is mentioned as having MTI modes (carried on the -C?).

Edited by TLTeo

1 minute ago, TLTeo said:

The document linked in this thread (https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/253872-mirage-f1-project-update/?do=findComment&comment=4492204) I'm looking at seems to be from the 80s, before the -M upgrades, and mentions the IV-2 version of the radar as having that mode, which I imagine is what was carried by the -E, while the IV-1 is mentioned as having MTI modes (carried on the -C?).

Mirage F1EE all came with Cyrano IVM, some F1CE's came with Cyrano IVM depending which delivery batch they were. group 1 only had standard Cyrano IV-0 Radar and no internal flares and chaff and no combat flaps. the CE we are getting appears to have combat flaps and internal flares so it might even have a IVM? unsure

7 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Wait so how does the -M variant compare to the -1 and -2 listed in that document? I'm confused...at least the RDM/RDI/RDY makes sense 😛

on page 10 of this forum I went into some detail about it, but its pretty basic

• Thanks 1

Man this lookslike a fun jet! Can't wait toget my mitts on it. Well, I can, and I will, but as an expression of my excitement over the progress on this beautiful machine it'll do 😉 Also TWS and TWS-like modes are for pussies. Real men go STT or just jeet it in the general direction of the enemy 😛

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

2 questions for   the devs. In game the radar cover thing seems shorter than that shown on all the pictures in the net (for french version, CG, CZ etc). Is this a specific cover for the CE? I hope we wll get the classic one to, it's one of the things i love in the F1 cockpit.

And about the slow speed BFM performance. Are the rudder's used on high AoA to roll the aircraft ? And how are the slow speed characteristics of the aircraft, is it more stable to fly (like the F-5) or  AoA sensitive (like the F-14) where you get out of control if the stick is pulled to much aft?

Capfdsdsfture.PNG

e8a2e87ed3d69a440b4c45938e1b920f.jpg.7b79ea35abe66a8acd47b3d25eec12fe.jpg

Edited by jaguara5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Midair said:

For the F1 EQ I read there is a "dogfight" mode to quickly lock and shoot the missile. I don't know if the F1 C, E,M have the same ability.

Considering the F-5 does. It's highly likely that the Mirage F1-CE will have a similar mode to the F-5. The F1-EE and F1-EM will likely have something closer to the Mirage-2000

So excited to see "La Fléchette 🎯"  coming soon to DCS. So very Longly super awaited one (ultimate favorite of mine). And the wait have been well worth it for what we can see !
It looks very promising ! Thank you very much for this Aerges.

I am wondering about some details though.
As Jaguara5 mentioned, the radar cover is different from what we use to see (too short, and looks a little different). I would guess that you guys went for a compromise to visualy ease the use of the radar. Unless some models had this specific cover ? 

It would be really nice if we could have a classic radar "sock" option (as Jaguara said)  or even a hide command like the stick if it bothers some players. If this is possible.

@Jaguara5 apparently CE equipped the same ones as the other versions :

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7177747

It is so long it almost exceeds the front part of the canopy !

A question I have no clue about is on the top left side of the panel.
Does this part has minimal differencies bewteen C an CE versions ?
For example, for the C version the airbrakes and dirig lamp are located above the mach number indicator whereas on your CE version there are way more on the left.
As for the alert light squares (on that same part: train, panne etc...), they seem smaller than the auto-pilot console buttons while on the pictures of the C version it is the opposite.

image_263700.jpg

130611065043225511283410.jpg

Would the constructor have produced a whole new set of pieces with such minor changes for another version not that different ?

Anyway thank you again for taking care of the Mirage F1 😃

Edited by Loudfox
  • Like 3

Detailed Mirage 2000C liveries from EC 2/5 "Ile de France" available here : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317018/

Yeah, i remember i was waiting  as teenager every 8th November (Hellenic Air Force open days for the public) to visit the MIrage AB and sit in an F1CG cockpit just so see this cover!. 

It extended almost to my face. I think with trackir - vr  radar screen visibility  shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by jaguara5

4 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

Yeah, i remember i was waiting  as teenager every 8th November (Hellenic Air Force open days for the public) to visit the MIrage AB and sit in an F1CG cockpit just so see this cover!. 

It extended almost to my face. I think with trackir - vr  radar screen visibility  shouldn't be a problem.

Oh nice ! Every fall must have been long awaited then 😃

Yeah this thing is a big specificity of the F1 cockpit for most of its versions.

Detailed Mirage 2000C liveries from EC 2/5 "Ile de France" available here : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317018/