Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

Apparently, Iraqis even mounted some Russian weapons on their Mirage F1s like Kh-29L for that extra big-boom when you need it. I'm not gonna lie, if we can eventually get a Mirage F1EQ5 or EQ6 with all these goodies, I'd be in classic Mirage heaven. It would fit very nicely to Middle Easter theaters we have too. They have served in Iran-Iraq War, First Gulf War, and then many escaped, ironically, to Iran and incorporated into their air force.

I hope there's enough available information on them around for Aerges to eventually access and do it in addition. I'd happily pay extra for an F1EQ expansion into the module when its time comes.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

19 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Apparently, Iraqis even mounted some Russian weapons on their Mirage F1s like Kh-29L for that extra big-boom when you need it. I'm not gonna lie, if we can eventually get a Mirage F1EQ5 or EQ6 with all these goodies, I'd be in classic Mirage heaven. It would fit very nicely to Middle Easter theaters we have too. They have served in Iran-Iraq War, First Gulf War, and then many escaped, ironically, to Iran and incorporated into their air force.

I hope there's enough available information on them around for Aerges to eventually access and do it in addition. I'd happily pay extra for an F1EQ expansion into the module when its time comes.

I dont know much about how modules are made, but the flight model would basically remain the same the only thing they would have to do would be cockpit textures and weapons coding I think. 

50 minutes ago, WinterH said:

An interesting thought I had that I believe would benefit both the developers and the playerbase would be to take the approach that a few other modules have in the sense that some features of the module can be disabled in the mission editor (such as the Mirage 2000's Missile warning system). let me give an example

Obviously the F1EQ (for example) is not on the horizon or even scheduled, but the Spanish F1EE would make for a very decent substitute for those who would like to re-enact conflicts that the EQ took part in. If Aerges gave the F1EE the combability with weapons such as the 530F (I choose this weapon because it is very iconic for the F1 and it wouldnt be a stretch to see them on Spanish F1s) I think they would reach out to a greater audience of other F1 users and allow us much more range of scenarios to practice in with our F1s. 

Now what about the realism and the simulation of the Spanish F1 fleet? After all, their EEs never mounted S530s. Well, for those who are wanting to run historical loadouts only, They can check a box in the mission editor that restores the Mirage F1EE to its true state as a simulation of its real life counter-part, weapons included.

Now lets say that in the future the F1EQ does role out from the Aerges development studio, I say that they disable the "Semi-historical loadouts" option as a whole and sell the EQ as an upgrade, I know I would gladly pay for it! 
This approach I think would offer a nice monetary boost to Aerges which can perhaps eventually help them develop the proper versions of the F1's we would be role-playing as.
Anti-ship with the Exocet, SEAD with the Martel, I believe this would open plenty of new doors and attract many people to the aircraft while also having the option to retain the historical accuracy I know Aerges is striving for.

I know the Fun vs Realism debate in DCS is a hard and never-ending one but im interested in the feed-back of other users and perhaps even Aerges themselves, what do you guys think?

Edited by Get_Lo

Personally, I am fully against that idea.

I'd much prefer getting additional proper variants as additional paid updates to make it feasible for both devs and us end users.

I prefer variants to remain what they really are/were. But that's me...

As far as concerned, it's not DCS I know and love anymore when things like that are happening. But to be fair they already have happened, so maybe it'll be where road leads... I still personally hope it's not.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, WinterH said:

Personally, I am fully against that idea.

I'd much prefer getting additional proper variants as additional paid updates to make it feasible for both devs and us end users.

I prefer variants to remain what they really are/were. But that's me...

As far as concerned, it's not DCS I know and love anymore when things like that are happening. But to be fair they already have happened, so maybe it'll be where road leads... I still personally hope it's not.

well for me its the same, but perhaps this could  help the devs to develop more versions of the plane? This would simply be a hold-over until that is possible. and as for wanting the variants to remain what they are, that option would still retained. you could still fly the Spanish Mirages exactly as it was in real life if you choose to do so, this would simply an additional feature with no take-away for the players wanting pure historical accuracy.

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 1

For me I kind of view it as a step up from including certain skins on modules, its so you can pretend to be the variant another country used, and if you choose not to do that, just go back to the native camoflaouge of the aircraft you're using. As we've seen, Aerges is giving us liveries from many nations that operated the F1, I just think this would step up the immersion for those looking to fly Mirages that arent directly modeled. And obviously im not wanting every weapon ever used on any Mirage F1 to be included in the simulation, but perhaps ones that arent completely un-feasible such as the Super 530F I mentioned? unsure what this would require. if it takes anything more than a software change in the plane I dont think it should be included. the fear I have of this is that it could turn in the F-16 situation where we get a Frankenstein plane, but I feel like I would be more okay with that about the F-16 if I could somehow turn it off and it took no development time away from the core of the plane, perhaps done after the competition of the core modules. Of course if turning it off is not possible I believe we should skip this approach entirely. the integrity of the base model should always be the primary focus.

I think a more orderly way to discuss this would be, what are the Pros and what are the Cons, Im still unsure about this as I am personally a huge fan of the realism and simulation aspect and have always been for the accurate representation of modules but often find myself wondering what the Cons would be so long as there is a way to disable it. What are the concerns of people who are heavily against this idea? and for those in favor of it, why is that?

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, potatoman530 said:

Any news or announcements soon by any chance? I am really hyped about this plane and the last we heard from the devs was in January.

+1 for that
I'd love to see some progress on the F1. Been anticipating it since the announcement!

• Like 3

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

+1 from me obviously
If not new pictures/videos than perhaps a new Q&A forum?

(also on a side note, I noticed in the first post, the one with the Mirage F1CE cockpit screenshots, I noticed it has an AA refueling probe, is that supposed to be there?)

• Like 1

I am very much looking forward to the Mirage F1 project.

I previously heard that the F1C variant will be available for early access this year, is it going to be a while before it is released?

I always have $80 ready and waiting for the release. (I don't mind if it's $100.)

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU
  • Like 2

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

2 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I am very much looking forward to the Mirage F1 project.

I previously heard that the F1C variant will be available for early access this year, is it going to be a while before it is released?

I always have $80 ready and waiting for the release. (I don't mind if it's $100.)

They said half a year or 6 months on November 23rd of 2020 until early access on likely only the earliest version being available. Exactly 6 months is May 23rd so hopefully late may early June I am thinking?   

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, Get_Lo said:

I think a more orderly way to discuss this would be, what are the Pros and what are the Cons, Im still unsure about this as I am personally a huge fan of the realism and simulation aspect and have always been for the accurate representation of modules but often find myself wondering what the Cons would be so long as there is a way to disable it. What are the concerns of people who are heavily against this idea? and for those in favor of it, why is that?

Pros are that it's great to have many options. Ability to reenact historical missions and scenarios. MiG-21bis is a great example they added some historical weapons and equipment not used and in some cases incompatible with the bis version. Cons are that flamboyant loadouts on Hornet, Viper and Warthog becomes the norm. Lots of players love to have the most destructive aircraft and wipe out base after base. 6x AGM65, 8x AGM-154 JSOW, 4x AGM-88... It doesn't reflect real life operations and learning the limitations and history of each aircraft.

Min-Maxing is a thing even in a simulator like DCS, so it is a struggle for the devs to cater the "rivet counters" aswell as the "casuals". Today DCS attracts a very broad spectrum of players. Some like study simulators, others want a flight game with focus on the action. The compromise right now is "technically possible" loadouts.

Back to the Mirage F1. Aerges has not ruled out other versions, but I expect them to mainly focus on the variants announced.

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

They said half a year or 6 months on November 23rd of 2020 until early access on likely only the earliest version being available. Exactly 6 months is May 23rd so hopefully late may early June I am thinking?   

I'm going to hope for July. Modules are always delayed and that seems reasonable. I hope they let us know by Jume though if it looks like it will be pushed back into the fall or later though.

Edited by Jester986
  • Like 2

And there's the update 🙂

From Facebook:

"Dear users,

We present you our first video of the Mirage F1-CE as well as some screenshots. In this video, you can see the most up to date look of the Mirage F1-CE cockpit and external model, a short flight model exhibition and the interaction with some of the cockpit systems.
With this latest PBR textures and many improvements both on textures and on 3D model, we can now consider them ready for the first public display, and therefore, expend some time on specifics, next will be to work on a highly detailed pilot and helmet model.
Regarding flight model, we can say it is now close to its final state. You can see in the video some effects like wing bending due to high G forces. Wing torsion is also implemented; this causes a change in AoA throughout the wingspan, which affects roll moment. Once our experienced F1 test pilot provides us detailed feedback on the FM (still in progress), and we contrast it with our engineering data, we will consider it ready for an early access release.
Cockpit interaction with most of general aircraft systems, like engine, fuel, electrics, hydraulics, stability augmentation and autopilot, is nearly finished and we are working on avionics (navigation and radio equipment, weapons control, radar, displays, etc.).
Just to give you an idea of the deepness of the simulation we have currently a list of more than 80 possible system failures.
In summary, the project is advancing at a good pace, nearing its early access phase, we are happy with the results of our efforts to provide you with the most in-depth simulation of the Mirage F1."

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

tenor.gif

• Like 3

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

29 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

This will be an day1 buy for me.

Me too. EA can be annoying at times, but they have been doing such a good job with the C-101 that getting the F1 will be a no brainer.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Out of curiosity what targeting pod does the modern version use,and is there footage from it?

The Iraqi jets used the ATLIS pod, but it wasn't employed in any of the variants Aerges have announced.