Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

Yea afaik they were MTI modes like those in the Mig 23 or F104ASA, not true Doppler modes like e.g the F14 and F15. More limited but still better than being drowned in clutter. Also, watch out for people who love to argue semantics, I've seen plenty of Mig-23 discussions go down the drain when people couldn't decide if it was a pulse doppler radar or not :P

I guess it is not only a Question of variant. I guess it depends also on the Nation and their inventory...

Exactly why I gave up! I guess we'll wait for an expert?

I do kindof hope that there will be some kind of hybrid rocket/bomb pod or rocket/fuel pod... Mirages tended to be a bit unusual in that respect! Unusual is interesting.

Yea afaik they were MTI modes like those in the Mig 23 or F104ASA, not true Doppler modes like e.g the F14 and F15. More limited but still better than being drowned in clutter. Also, watch out for people who love to argue semantics, I've seen plenty of Mig-23 discussions go down the drain when people couldn't decide if it was a pulse doppler radar or not :P

Yes, look-down should be similar to MiG-23MLA. Russian sources describe Cyrano IV as Pulse-Doppler with external coherence source.

I've asked Tom Cooper, author of the "Iraqi Mirages" https://g.co/kgs/hS7j2v about the radar on Mirage F1, and his answer is:

Mirage F.1-radar.... The Iraqis were using the Cyrano-IVQ, which was much better than the radar of the MiG-21, and even that of the MiG-23MF, but not as good as that of the MiG-23ML. Later versions, like IVQ-M (Mirage F.1EQ-5/6), had a MTI and were matching the radar of the MiG-23ML. AFAIK, the F.1CE is 'F.1C brought to F.1EQ-5/6 standard' (like the F.1CT).

AFAIK, the F.1CE is 'F.1C brought to F.1EQ-5/6 standard' (like the F.1CT).

Not quite sure there. The CE should be quite similar to the initial french F1C. They might have been upgraded, though (not talking about the M upgrade).

One question I'm curious about is whether the IR probe actually requires a fuselage-plug (my sources imply so, but don't seem to actually mention it).

Also, if such a plug is installed, can the probe be removed? There is a duckton of pictures of F1CEs and there seem to be some with and some without probes.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

I've asked Tom Cooper, author of the "Iraqi Mirages" https://g.co/kgs/hS7j2v about the radar on Mirage F1, and his answer is:

Mirage F.1-radar.... The Iraqis were using the Cyrano-IVQ, which was much better than the radar of the MiG-21, and even that of the MiG-23MF, but not as good as that of the MiG-23ML. Later versions, like IVQ-M (Mirage F.1EQ-5/6), had a MTI and were matching the radar of the MiG-23ML. AFAIK, the F.1CE is 'F.1C brought to F.1EQ-5/6 standard' (like the F.1CT).

Cool, but The MiG-23ML had no radar

Iniquissimam pacem justissimo bello anteferro

I bought the MiG-19 because of how the updated cockpit looked. I bought the amazing C-101 because of how it flew and for the fantastic updated cockpit!

After seeing the screenshots from this post, I have ZERO excuses - this is an easy buy, especially since the same team who did the C-101 flight-model and cockpit textures are working on the Mirage F1.

• Don't worry about adding NS430 - LoL!

Good luck over the next several months with this worthwhile project!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

This is wrong.

Mirage F1 CE is just Spain variant of the Mirage F1 C.

Mirage F1 EE is a Mirage F1 C with INS navigation system.

Mirage F1 EQ5/6 were totally multirole:

- AA with Super 530F (not Super 530D contrary to what he published multiple times), and Magic.

- AG with dumb bombs, laser guided weapons such as BGL and AS30L.

- anti-ship with AM39

- anti-radar with BAZ-AR (export of ARMAT)

- kind of jamming export with REMORA pod.

Nobody else got the full kit.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

So, were the F1CE compatible with Super 530F? Or only with the old 530?

I'm not sure.

I would say it's an easy modification. But given the fact they didn't have Super 530F before procuring former Qataris Mirage F1 EDA, they probably didn't do it.

Spain bought EF/A-18A (C.15) in the 1980', upgrading the Mirage F1 was probably a lower priority.

It would be wise for Aerges to make a French Mirage F1 C-200, apart from the weapons, it's very close to the CE.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Cool, but The MiG-23ML had no radar

I was wrong. Confused with the MiG-23BM :(

Iniquissimam pacem justissimo bello anteferro

So, were the F1CE compatible with Super 530F? Or only with the old 530?

I'm not sure.

I would say it's an easy modification. But given the fact they didn't have Super 530F before procuring former Qataris Mirage F1 EDA, they probably didn't do it.

Spain bought EF/A-18A (C.15) in the 1980', upgrading the Mirage F1 was probably a lower priority.

It would be wise for Aerges to make a French Mirage F1 C-200, apart from the weapons, it's very close to the CE.

Well they have always said they are willing to do other variants. But they need the data for them.

They are currently making the variants they have all the data for.

But if they got additional data they can make additional variants.

• Vibora pinned this topic

Fantastic new......The Mirage F-1 is one of my most awaited planes, and along with the F-8 Crusader and the Mig 23 it will complete the set up I am looking for.

• Like 3

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

On 11/29/2020 at 10:45 AM, jojo said:

This is wrong.

Mirage F1 CE is just Spain variant of the Mirage F1 C.

Mirage F1 EE is a Mirage F1 C with INS navigation system.

Mirage F1 EQ5/6 were totally multirole:

- AA with Super 530F (not Super 530D contrary to what he published multiple times), and Magic.

- AG with dumb bombs, laser guided weapons such as BGL and AS30L.

- anti-ship with AM39

- anti-radar with BAZ-AR (export of ARMAT)

- kind of jamming export with REMORA pod.

Nobody else got the full kit.

Yes. Thats the best part. Im also so hyped for this :)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record