TGP + Maverick massive frame drop

Arnaud

Hi all,

I was pretty sure to find many posts on the issue before investigating but none to be found.

When TGP and Mavericks are ON I experience quite a bad frame drop.

Am I the only one ? Has this issue already been addressed ?

Is there a way to fix this somehow ?

Arnaud.

PS : Running a 1080Ti

Most likely the same issue as the black exhaust trails causing frame drops when zoomed in close. I believe it has something to do with rendering so many particles. With regard to the exhaust trails, you can edit a settings file to reduce the particle count and reduce the stutters/frame drops but it breaks IC so not alot of use for most :(

You're definitely not the only one who is experiencing that. Lowering the resolution of the cockpit displays to 256 helps quite a bit, but you'll still have pretty significant FPS loss when in areas that are dense with ground objects like buildings. The only way I have found so far to work around that is to just have only one MFCD displaying video until you reach your target area. You can usually have just the TGP displaying without any significant FPS loss, and if your targets are outside the urban areas, you should be fine if you wait to display the MAV video on the other MFCD until you reach your IP.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• ED Team

please add a short track replay showing the frame drop I am happy to take a look. I can not say I have noticed on my rig so far.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I should probably qualify my previous post by saying that I'm having the issue in VR, not in 2D. Not sure if the OP meant VR or 2D.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Thank you all for your answers.

- The display resolution for my MFCD is 1024 (but no frame drop in the FA-18C with TGP + Mav displayed for example).

- I'm not flying VR, only 2D.

- My Rig is pretty descent but not high end. But my 1080 ti is doing fine with most of the planes/terrains (little bit harder on the Syria map though).

- SSAA is already OFF but MSAA is x4 (do not want to turn it off only for the sake of A-10C II).

I'm "glad" to see that am not the only one, probably gonna work it around like eaglecash867 suggested.

I will try to post a video on YT to show the problem even though everyone is already seeing what I mean.

Is this issue will be addressed in further updates or it is what it is and will not change in the future ?

Running VR, PC specs below (and my graphics card is very much sub standard for what I am running). I do not notice any FPS drop when using the Maverick and the TGP at the same time in the A10C II (really dislike we need to clarify the II now). Don't have a quick screen shot of my in game settings, but I know the first two settings are on high (textures), visible range is high, shadows are medium, heat blur is low, in cockpit screen res is 1024, terrain shadows are default, preload radius is maxed, along with the slider just above it (tree visibility?). Not sure what else I forgot.

Oddly enough, my performance went up when I increased the textures from med and low to high and high, along with further performance improvements when changing the shadows from low to medium and terrain shadows from flat to default. Hadn't quite wrapped my head around why, but another person mentioned I might have discovered where a hardware bottleneck was by doing that - either way I won't be adjusting those settings from their present state.

Hope something in there helped.

EDIT: Due to the new forum "feature" where it magically disables signatures..................... :music_whistling:

PC SPECS: i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
EDIT:

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria