[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Radar carets flipped 90 deg CW, az to the left and elev to the top

Wizard1393

Yesterday I had a weird occurrance with the radar. The azimuth caret was moved to the left side where the elevation caret normally is, and the elevation caret was moved to the top of the DDI.

It was not like this from the start, happened somewhere during flight.

Anyone else happened upon this bug?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Do you mean this?

Ive made a thread about it some months ago.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the conclusion we reached in the, now apparently non-existent, thread is following:

If you lock a target in STT, RWS/LTWS or TWS, and then switch to guns, your radar is FUBAR - once you leave the gun mode, youll see what you describe. At that point, there is nothing you can do, only respawn. So before you switch to guns, make sure you unselect the target - completely, ideally with RESET.

This is 100% reproducible behaviour. Its been reported couple times before but it receives [CANNOT REPRODUCE] or is unseen and forgotten in depths of the forum, not a priority it seems.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Do you mean this?

Ive made a thread about it some months ago.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the conclusion we reached in the, now apparently non-existent, thread is following:

If you lock a target in STT, RWS/LTWS or TWS, and then switch to guns, your radar is FUBAR - once you leave the gun mode, youll see what you describe. At that point, there is nothing you can do, only respawn. So before you switch to guns, make sure you unselect the target - completely, ideally with RESET.

This is 100% reproducible behaviour. Its been reported couple times before but it receives [CANNOT REPRODUCE] or is unseen and forgotten in depths of the forum, not a priority it seems.

Yes, exactly that, except I also had the elevation caret visibly moving left to right in the top. Interesting. I know I used ACM Guns in this flight. But I also know I've done the steps you're describing and not have the radar end up in a faulty state. I usually STT lock target, switch to guns, kill target, then to exit ACM Gun mode i usually select AIM-120 and then Undesignate.

Perhaps the step that breaks it is in the step how you EXIT the Gun mode rather than enter it?

If I have time later I'll test and produce the exact steps to reproduce...

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick