[Wishlist] Allied searchlight

bell_rj

Having just purchased The Channel map I've been busy creating a mission containing the AA defences around Dover, and I realised that although the Germans have searchlights, I couldn't place searchlights for the British defenders. So can we have one please?

If anyone knows how to make a German searchlight unit defect to the allied side as an interim measure please let me know.

• Like 1

PC specs:

That's very clever, thank you! It works very nicely. I downloaded the mod to change the coalition in the ME and added Germany to a mission, added a trigger zone and bob's yer uncle.

They do shine, although don't seem to track at the moment. Seems to be the case even if added as Third Reich and in Normandy and the Channel map. Maybe they are bugged.

Update - All tracking now thanks to some help from philstyle. I hadn't made the searchlights and generators part of the same groups.

PC specs:

• 4 months later...
On 11/23/2020 at 10:39 AM, bell_rj said:

Having just purchased The Channel map I've been busy creating a mission containing the AA defences around Dover, and I realised that although the Germans have searchlights, I couldn't place searchlights for the British defenders. So can we have one please?

If anyone knows how to make a German searchlight unit defect to the allied side as an interim measure please let me know.

You can always put Combined Joint Task Force Red and Blue as a Nation to each coalition. They have access to the complete inventory of all nations.

Edited by BurroHablando
  • Thanks 1

+1 for a dedicated allied searchlight

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.