M01 - Saint woes

Qiou87

Hi,

I played the 1st mission last night and found a couple of issues. I play on Stable but checked all logs for OB and did not find any fix adressing those.

1. Deck crew placement too close to the jet: the purple jacket especially is so close that I had to start and make a hard right 45° turn to avoid hitting him. My left wing still touched him, luckily without damage. First time I started straight ahead to go to the bow, had to drive over the guy, left landing gear was busted. The navy apparently has very strong guys working as deck crew and they can actually lift jets. I think giving them 1m clearance more would not be a bad idea.

2. During the BFM training, Saint goes straight for the deck after a couple of turns. I felt like Maverick in Top Gun when he goes below the hard deck to kill Viper and gets blamed for it :pilotfly:. I tried to stay above, manage to shoot him down (fake of course). On the second simulated engagement, he does the same thing again. Is that just DCS AI doing its thing? It was unfortunate as it was a little immersion breaking to see this behavior and no penalty to Saint. He goes below, nothing. I go below I get him saying "watch your altitude". Yeah buddy, you impacted the deck like 3min ago already...

3. On the return leg to Mother, he doesn't call his turn. I was flying close formation with him on his left and suddenly he goes hard left 30°. It is coherent with the flight plan (SA page did say we were not heading in the right direction), however it was a little bit surprising since he called his previous turn when we were going to the AO.

At the end of the mission, suffice to say I had the right amount of cold hatred for the guy. So far you have captured the essence of the book quite perfectly. :megalol:

I enjoyed the mission though, and I cannot wait to play the next one. I just hope this feedback can help improve your work even further, Baltic_dragon.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals