Best DCS-PC?

Thinder>

I didn’t say that they weren’t faster, I said “that much faster”.

A GPU upgrade to a 3080 from a 1080ti apparently gives approx 80% better frame rate.

I’d be surprised if he’d get more than a 25% improvement with a CPU upgrade, which would almost certainly result in a new full base unit, at 2-3 times the cost of a GPU. Hardly sensible maths.

Don't worry, I think everyone understood what you wrote, my reply was added at the last minute, as I tried to explain why they were faster.

Using a Ryzen 5 3600X with a GTX 1080Ti 11GB, what matters to me is the gain obtained at 4K playing DCS, not the paper data, and since I am optimizing my PC for this game and VR, if we agree that DCS is really RAM and VRAM dependent then it starts to look worth it, a 5600X won't show a huge difference on paper but yet in games it shows and to me it will make difference at 4K, another reasons are thermals, running a lot cooler also mean it won't limits its speed as often especially when O.Ced, having said that, I have a very good cooling solution and it won't be an issue.

Like everyone else, i'm looking at frame rates and the best FPS possible at best settings, the Ryzen 5 5600X can help when the game is more processor dependent, like Far Cry New Dawn, this is where the 5600X makes a difference at 4K, 15.76% faster at Ultra settings, not so much in games where memory matters less but my goal here is playing DCS at best settings possible, for use of the HP Reverb G2.

At 4K, when the game is memory dependent the 3600X will struggle a lot more with the same RAM and GPU, but since it is already fast it will not show this much in games where memory is less of an issue, with the 5600X AMD seems to target their usual player base and they know what they want, this is why it has less cores but performs high at 1, 2, 3, and even 4 cores O.Ced, they are designed for gaming with good performances at a reasonable price and plenty of growth potential for both O.C and the system itself, running cooler with a 65W TDP, in my case I'll have an extra 30W headroom for a GPU upgrade from my 1080Ti 11GB which is not negligible.

People who wish to build a PC with higher standards than mid-range as I am might chose to go for a Ryzen 9 5900X but in my case, it is not within my budget and I think the 5600X and RX 6800 will do the job just fine for me, even if they aren't advertised as designed for 4K systems. Here the test was done with the non-X 3600 but differences between the two are quiet small.

Far-Cry-New-Dawn.thumb.jpg.adbf6c37d69c29f198fa0e1d945ad283.jpg

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Keep posting your B.S, you obviously never understood that you're taking about a different generation of Ryzen and even less comprehend what AMD stand for and it's not your biased, posh view of what players need to play DCS.

It's the second time you post this stupidity about the Intel processor despite being proven wrong in the first one. Give it a rest.

Sorry say again? Where did I mentioned the Tomahawk in my post apart for the MSI Z490? Official denomination is: B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX.

I invite everyone to go to MSI website and compare their respective specs: AM4, support for DDR4 3466/ 4000/ 4133 MHz (by A-XMP OC MODE), Dual Memory Channel, 4 DIMM Slots, 128 GB RAM, Gen2(PCI_E4), in short, you got everything you need to run Zen3 and the RX 6000 series once you've updated your BIOS.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450.../Specification

Now let's be clear here since you keep missing the point: The Ryzen 5 5600X doesn't need more than DDR4 3600 to get the best out of it and this board supports 4133, Zen 3 are a lot LESS RAM dependent than the previous generation, you're wrong about this in the first place, and as I pointed out with precise figure to make my point, for gaming it is also more performant than the Intel i7 10700KF you mentioned.

Not clear enough? Do you want me to post this again? Your comparison is bogus, for DCS, the Ryzen 5 5600X even with my board will run the game faster than your posh solution, produce less heat and use less power. Debunk THIS.

Oh, I nearly forgot, MSI Z490 Tomahawk is a Socket 1200 motherboard.

Except I can buy the intel solution right now and have it delivered 2 days later.

AMD certainly did well but the current narrative of how AMD has 'killed' Intel by taking the gaming performance crown, while correct, overblows, a very marginal difference...at excessive level of pricing.

Yes the 5600 is not super expensive but it's only 6 cores and therefore limits greatly its versatility and longetivity...thus Id be annoyed at settling for a 5600x.

Anyway, as things currently stands, whichever solution will give similar performance. It certainly isnt a slamdunk for AMD. All the talk about less power consumption, heat also seems completely overblown. Intel 10th gen doesnt seem to be particularly outrageous in terms of heat or being a power hog. Any delta on these metrics seem to fall in the 'my car has 550hp and and yours 500hp' category...it's irrelevant

One caveat is that, the next AMD solution will necessitate a new MOBO...do you believe that the new MOBO prices wont follow the trend traced by the CPUs'?

All the while, intel solution will be compatible with current z490. True, that the same drawback will apply to Intel for the 12th generation, but we live in the present day, dont we?

So technically, AMD can only be considered a cheap alternative only if you had a 400 series boards, for all the others....We re talking Intel level pricing with very little availability

Except I can buy the intel solution right now and have it delivered 2 days later.

AMD certainly did well but the current narrative of how AMD has 'killed' Intel by taking the gaming performance crown, while correct, overblows, a very marginal difference...at excessive level of pricing.

Yes the 5600 is not super expensive but it's only 6 cores and therefore limits greatly its versatility and longetivity...thus Id be annoyed at settling for a 5600x.

Anyway, as things currently stands, whichever solution will give similar performance. It certainly isnt a slamdunk for AMD. All the talk about less power consumption, heat also seems completely overblown. Intel 10th gen doesnt seem to be particularly outrageous in terms of heat or being a power hog. Any delta on these metrics seem to fall in the 'my car has 550hp and and yours 500hp' category...it's irrelevant

One caveat is that, the next AMD solution will necessitate a new MOBO...do you believe that the new MOBO prices wont follow the trend traced by the CPUs'?

All the while, intel solution will be compatible with current z490. True, that the same drawback will apply to Intel for the 12th generation, but we live in the present day, dont we?

So technically, AMD can only be considered a cheap alternative only if you had a 400 series boards, for all the others....We re talking Intel level pricing with very little availability

First of all, I'm not on AMD payroll and I don't advertise Ryzen 5000 as Intel killers, what I have done on the other hand is to debunk the stupid stories about the equivalent Intel CPU being better, then if the question of cores and longevity bothered you, why did you buy Intel CPU when they weren't 8 core? Then remind us again how many of Intel 11gen CPU for laptop have only 4 or even 2 Cores? Out of 9 CPUs, 7 are 4 Cores, 2 are 2 Cores. Looks like Intel disagree with you.

When you see that the 5600X runs cooler than the i7 10700KF with only 52% of its TDP (95°C vs 100°C max, 65W vs 125W), you understand why I feel like replying to post like these, your arguments doesn't hold, now, you would have us believe that at full load a 48% higher TDP doesn't translate into generated heat. Hilarious.

Again you guys completely fail to see what the 5600X is, a gaming processor, it runs cooler, with a lower TDP which translates by less radiated heat at full load and give players on a budget more headroom when it comes to system upgrade, that's cooling and PSU for you, good luck keeping your Inter CPU as cool with the same cooling especially when O.Ced, in short, trying to compare it to an Intel equivalent is moot, there is NO Intel equivalent to the 5600X.

Here I'm still tuning my Ryzen 5 3600X system at 42.49 MHz constant speed; pick temperature is 77.00°C. Arctic Freezer 13 High Performance CPU Cooler £20.99 including delivery.

4249-01-MHz.thumb.png.aee86520ddf35902d7b119d898b4f97e.png

On the MOBO issue you're also WRONG, A520, B550, X470 are available for sale and you don't need a new motherboard at all if you're short in cash, you posh guys keep preaching for more this and more that while talking about price, that's plain funny, considering that what you advertise cost a lot more for equivalent performances in gaming than what is available to AMD players, this is not a Secretary spreadsheet forum, just to remind you.

5 different MSI chipset are fully capable of using the 5000 series, for the 2 which aren't yet, once their BIOS have been updated they will, B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX can be found at price below £50, X470 GAMING PLUS MAX below £80 in stock NOW.

You guys dismiss "cheap" as being less capable, complete B.S, we're talking gaming again... If you knew the specs of my MSI B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX we wouldn't have this conversation in the first place, you'd be able to see how many other boards in MSI are already Zen3 capable or will be with a BIOS update and available.

AMDChipset.thumb.jpg.4a5db0a94960c27190745f757f0b128f.jpg

Intel-11gen.jpg.74c6ec49c3deae402703baeba613df0c.jpg

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

First of all, I'm not on AMD payroll and I don't advertise Ryzen 5000 as Intel killers, what I have done on the other hand is to debunk the stupid stories about the equivalent Intel CPU being better, then if the question of cores and longevity bothered you, why did you buy Intel CPU when they weren't 8 core? Then remind us again how many of Intel 11gen CPU for laptop have only 4 or even 2 Cores? Out of 9 CPUs, 7 are 4 Cores, 2 are 2 Cores. Looks like Intel disagree with you.

When you see that the 5600X runs cooler than the i7 10700KF with only 52% of its TDP (95°C vs 100°C max, 65W vs 125W), you understand why I feel like replying to post like these, your arguments doesn't hold, now, you would have us believe that at full load a 48% higher TDP doesn't translate into generated heat. Hilarious.

Again you guys completely fail to see what the 5600X is, a gaming processor, it runs cooler, with a lower TDP which translates by less radiated heat at full load and give players on a budget more headroom when it comes to system upgrade, that's cooling and PSU for you, good luck keeping yout Inter CPU as cool with the same cooling especially when O.Ced, in short, trying to compare it to an Intel equivalent is moot, there is NO Intel equivalent to the 5600X.

On the MOBO issue you're also WRONG, A420, B550, X470 are available for sale and you don't need a new motherboard at all if you're short in cash, you posh guys keep preaching for more this and more that while talking about price, that's plain funny, considering that what you advertise cost a lot more for equivalent performances in gaming than what is available to AMD players, this is not a Secretary spreadsheet forum, just to remind you.

5 different MSI chipset are fully capable of using the 5000 series, for the 2 which aren't yet, once their BIOS have been updated they will, B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX can be found at price below £50, X470 GAMING PLUS MAX below £80 in stock NOW.

You guys dismiss "cheap" as being less capable, complete B.S, we're talking gaming again... If you knew the specs of my MSI B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX we wouldn't have this conversation in the first place, you'd be able to see how many other boards in MSI are already Zen3 capable or will be with a BIOS update and available.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tAMDChipset.jpg Views:\t18 Size:\t71.9 KB ID:\t7156208","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7156208","data-size":"full","title":"AMDChipset.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

First of all, Im changing to Intel after having a 1700X. I actually intended to buy a Ryzen 5000 series but then I started to look through the fog of dythirambical reviews and saw that Ryzen 5000 didn't improve much at all over current 10th gen Intel processors.

a 10700k sells for 350-375. A 5800x 450 and it has heat issues...

You startement about cores is mixing apples with oranges. One does not use a laptop the same way as one uses a desktop.

Few people are ever going to do rendering on a laptop, that's why there is no need for excessive amounts of cores. Im sure it's nice to be able to in case of an emergency but is it a realistic use case?

Wow, Incredible improvement 65W instead of 125W....except most people note that Intel runs pretty cool (mid 50s gaming). So basically, for a desktop PC, it's irrelevant. Please dont mention, the electricity bill delta.

Current Mobo cost about the same on AMD and Intel. The budget options like Gaming Plus by MSI is 150ish for both AMD and Intel. Those 400 series AMD Mobo may be cheaper today but that's due to their prior strategy to exploit an Intel strategical weakness in order to convince people to switch. Will that hold true in the future? Plus those motherboards, cant yet be used for Ryzen 5000. Need to wait some more...Im pretty sure the next generation with AM5 and DDR5 wont come cheap, given that AMD has given up on the being the value option.

I never dismissed AMD as being less capable(that's what I'm currently using), Im just trying to temper your 'AMD good, Intel bad' simply because they dimed Intel on performance and used to be cheaper. If you take all aspects into consideration, there is nothing 'much better' about AMD in relation to Intel.

The fact of the matter is that today, it would cost someone less money to buy an Intel system than an AMD system that provides similar performance.

Seriously, there is nothing to get all upset about that on a forum.

You startement about cores is mixing apples with oranges. One does not use a laptop the same way as one uses a desktop.

Sure thing, you just can't improve on CPU cooling using a laptop, so it should be much more of an issue for gaming, unless Intel laptops aren't used for gaming, are they?

Few people are ever going to do rendering on a laptop. It's nice to be able to in case of an emergency but is it a realistic use case?

That's why, it's much smarter to buy a chromebook than a laptop PC, for the simple fact that a chromebook is specialized for a use that covers 95% of what a user will ever do with a laptop....without any of the hassles of using windows.

You're talking to someone who built his own machines in the company where he worked for use with 3DSMax and at home with CATIA, just to say, you don't really need 12 Cores to do just that, and you certainly don't need 8 Cores to play a game today, and that's a FACT.

Wow, Incredible improvement 65W instead of 125W....except most people note that Intel runs pretty cool (mid 50s gaming). So basically, for a desktop PC, it's irrelevant. Please dont mention, the electricity bill delta.

Most people like you beats the laws of physics just to sell us your favorite brand too. AGAIN, since WHEN does power output NOT translate into generated heat in your little world? My Ryzen 5 3600X runs at 42.49 MHz constant speed; pick temperature is 77.00°C, try this with your i7 10700KF. Ryzen 5 5600X runs has a 31.57% lower TDP, do your math.

Current Mobo cost about the same on AMD and Intel, The budget options like Gaming Plus by MSI is 150ish for both AMD and Intel. Those 400 series AMD Mobo may be cheaper today but that's due to their prior strategy to exploit an Intel strategical weakness in order to convince people to switch. Will that hold true in the future? Plus those motherboards, cant yet be used for Ryzen 5000. Need to wait some more...Im pretty sure the next generation with AM5 and DDR5 wont come cheap, given that AMD has given up on the being the value option.

Typical; first denial then loads of blah to explain why you are wrong in the first place, Intel solution overall are more expensive for equivalent performances. You reply without reading, out of 5, 3 are already Zen 3 ready. X570, B550, A520.

I never dismissed AMD as being less capable(that's what I'm currently using), Im just trying to temper your 'AMD good, Intel bad' simply because they dimed Intel on performance and used to be cheaper. If you take all aspects in consideration, there is nothing 'much better' about AMD in relation to Intel.

The fact of the matter is that today, it would cost someone less money to buy an Intel system than an AMD system that provides similar performance.

More projection here. Since my very first post I am the one debunking the opposite B.S sprouting from Intel fanboyz who try to pass a i7 10700KF for as good as a Ryzen 5 5600, I demonstrated that it wasn't from the start, the only way it runs faster is using 8 cores hotter at a higher TDP and then the comparison cannot be made, at 1, 2, 3, 4, Cores the 5600X is faster, it will also O.C faster at lower TDP and cooler. DEBUNK THIS instead of trying to rewrite books you haven't read.

Seriously, there is nothing to get all upset about that on a forum.

You're the cause of anyone being upset here if any, with your continuous denial of reality, inaccuracies if not plain lies not to mention trying to pass my post for your own X good/Y bad contest, I debunk the Intel mafia B.S that's one thing but I note that none of you have managed to prove that this i7 10700KF was faster for gaming, ran cooler, was easier and cheaper to cool and had lower TDP, you'd better try to deal with reality instead of posting lectures which are biased from the start.

My goodness, you are angry and you debate in bad faith...

Anyway,

Same temps, slightly higher Wattage and more FPS for the 10700k against 5600X

I rest my case.

Your projection tricks doesn't work I'm only angry in your imagination, reason why you keep lying to players in this forum, your bunch have been doing it to people all along, the conclusions from 11:18 on this video shows just by how much.

Every single generation of Intel after the 300 series, we're talking about Z370 and Z390, requires a new motherboard to go along with it (Intel 10700k). If you wanted to get a 990K, you need a new motherboard, if you're sitting on an 8700K like we are here or 9900K, and you want 10th Gen which is what the 10700K is, you need a new motherboard. To the end user (AMD) sitting on a generation old hardware in terms of motherboards is still capable of upgrading to your 5000 Series CPU without needing an entire platform upgrade.

13:59: And you're still going to get all the benefits from PCIE 4.0 (you can laugh at the cheap B450 now), which is currently you don't have on Intel which is something that's going to be on its Rocket Lake which again will more than likely need a new motherboard.

Loads of lies... Let me just sum them all up to you:

FACT: Your video limits the Ryzen 5600X O.C to 4.8GHz vs 5.1GHz which is weird since Ryzen 5 5600X have been manually O.Ced at higher clocks than that, 4.8GHz is what you get with a stock cooler and it is heat limited, this sort of biased comparison doesn't stick, again you have no idea what you write when it comes to Ryzen 5600X. Those who knows can take its core clock to 4.95GHz, air cooled and I'd be surprised if some geezer in AMD forums can't come up with stable settings giving higher clock speed than that, although not by a lot.

So, let's get back to Timme. He came across an actually Ryzen 5 5600X on eBay before the retail launch, as he describes in a

. In that initial video, he showed the chip running at an all-core overclock of 4.7GHz, and a 4.95GHz single-core overclock, with air cooling. The chip was mated to a 16GB kit of Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4000 RAM and ASUS Crosshair VII Hero motherboard.

https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryz...core-overclock

4.8 GHz with stock cooler.

FACT: We have no clue which RAM was used and RAM settings, when one knows about Ryzen 5600X, there is little credibility in the benchmark giving 10700k higher FPS, gains as high as 12% are obtained with just adding 2 more RAM modules to a Zen3, not the total quantity but to get the CPU to use them as dual ranks. Again, you need to know the Zen 3 architecture before posting videos with little information about the Ryzen CPU.

FACT. 10700k is not faster, in fact it only take the advantage in bench marks and some games where it can use its 8 cores, NOT the case in DCS.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...00X/4070vs4084

FACT 10700k 1, 2, 4, Cores are slower by +5%, +6%, +1% and +4%, +3%, +2% O.C. See link above.

FACT: Ryzen 5600X is Much more energy efficient, 48% to be precise. See link above.

FACT: Zen 3 board are available in STOCK, for MSI only 5 Chipset are Zen 3 ready out of the box, the B450 and X470 can be found for as low as below £50 and below £80 respectively TODAY.

FACT: Ryzen 5600X is cheaper than 10700k, here is today's screenshot from my provider website, my own wishlist for comparison.

Prices-awd-it.jpg

My provider this morning, my personal account, wishlist created fore the purpose: Ryzen 5 5600X £299.99 Intel Core i7-10700K £389.99. £90 difference for an average of less than 10FPS in some game? You're kidding...

Intel as cheap for equivalent performances? That's a LOT of lies to make false cases...

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Tested Stock and OCed upto 4.7ghz all core and 4.95ghz single core

I stopped reading this throughly because this thread has drifted into bashing and use of not-so-nice words.

If you want others to contribute, calm down all, stay with facts and RESPECT other's point of view and budget.

The facts for either side are printed many times on countless pages throughout the web. Let's play it nice guys.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks/Danke BitMaster, for exactly the right answer.

I started this thread to find out what I should invest in. I find it regrettable that it has drifted into a discussion of principles, almost a dispute, between AMD and Intel supporters. This helps nobody and God knows what else you could have done with all this time.

Thanks anyway, for all the well-intended contributions and helpful advice.

As a long-time Intel fan, I am now considering buying the AMD Ryzen 9 5900x as soon as it becomes available at reasonable prices. I am in no hurry. But the single core performance seems to be impressively better than the comparable Intel.

As far as the graphics card is concerned, my research shows that Nvidia has a minimal advantage over AMD. Maybe I will wait for the 3080TI, the market is empty at the moment anyway.

Are there any reasons against combining an Nvidia card with an AMD processor? Did the Ryzen get more out of an AMD card, or doesn't that matter? 

Cheers, MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

For what is worth:

Intel is Dead? — Ryzen 5 5600X vs i9-9900K vs Ryzen 7 3700X — Battle of the $300 CPUs

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Hi, not sure if this is of interest for you guys, but i just upgraded from a 3900x to a 5900x. Quite some improvement.
Fyi is with a 2080ti.

3900x + 32GB CL16 3200Mhz

cinebench r23:
  single: 1302
  multi: 16732

dcs frametimes VR preset + Valve Index:
  p51 cold start krymsk: 10ms
  f18 super carrier cold start: 20,5ms (23 fps)

---

5900x + 32GB CL17 4000Mhz (running at 3800Mhz with Infinity Fabric (Fclk) at 1900), Fclk 2000 was not working with Asus X570 Gaming

cinebench r23:
  single: 1599
  multi: 20739

dcs frametimes VR preset + Valve Index:
  p51 cold start krymsk: 9,1ms
  f18 super carrier cold start: 15,5ms (23/45 fps)

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

Wich tells me, we are still a mile away.

15,5ms on the deck cries for that engine overhaul, ... or a 5nm +30%IPC +20% clockspeed CPU which is not gonna happen anytime soon. I am afraid neither will be a new stable DCS engine.

Back to square one.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Correct on that BitMaster.
Throwing brute hardware force on dcs in vr has got it limits. I have seen the mighty rtx 3090 report in vr, not ground breaking.
A new dcs engine overhaul will be the answer to fps improvements.
Boy! Wish that dcs engine overhaul would come as this year roll over. Daydreaming

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Some time ago I was saying that i wouldn't be surprised if some AMD users knowing what they were doing (Not talking B.S in forums that is) would take the Ryzen 5 5600X passed the 4.85MGh we've seen recently.

Here you go.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is overclocked to 6GHz on all cores

Tech about 18 hours ago REPORT

Just a reminder: My goal was to debunk all the B.S said about the AMD Zen 3 and the Ryzen 5 5600X in particular, not to preach a particular church.

If people want to buy Intel, it's their choice, but it's no reason for bashing the AMD users with whatever lies they can throw at us, and to make my point, I just posted a topic on the Ryzen 3 support for MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max.

Since I insist that AMD have done what they always did with this CPU, aiming at gamers and offering a cheap alternative to Intel, at £249.99 for the GPU and below £80 for a brand new MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max, I think everyone can see my point, that's a 5GHz capable solution for £329.99.

From my own experience, I support totally the message of Thinder. I think having an AMD Ryzen is a great option, I have the version 5, and the simulator it works amazingly well.

And as far as I know, at this moment they are up to version 7. However, if you don't want to stick only on that one, because prices or anything else, I think AMD have a huge variaty of very good GPUs, and is easy to find in any shop as you can see on this list of amds GPUs. But still, if you prefer to continues with Intel, probably by name that one is always a safe option, but probably not the best one.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK friends,

I have been watching the market for a long time now and the disaster of Ryzen 9 5900X processor availability seemed to have no end.

But today I found an interesting bundle, the 5900X together with the ASUS ROG Strix X570-F gaming motherboard for a few euros above the recommended price, but at least only 2 digits and as a bundle then still an acceptable price.

Only the graphics card remains unchanged, and the disaster is even bigger here. I'm also speculating on the RTX 3080 TI, if I'm honest. But so I could reward myself at Christmas and have something to screw over the holidays.

This is what I ordered:

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 White TG
Power supply: Seasonic Focus GX - 750W 
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X DDR4 PC 3200 CL14 KIT 2x16 
SSD: 1000GB Corsair Force Series MP600 M.2

As for the graphics card, I'll stick with the GTX 1080TI for now until the new generation (RTX or AMD) are also available at a reasonable price.

I hope that everything fits from your point of view and that I do not have a big mistake in the configuration. Tastes are certainly different, but on the whole it should fit.

Cheers, MadMonty

• Like 1

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:52 PM, MadMonty said:

Dear DCS community,

after slowly approaching the age of 50 and having worked a lot for the last years (and therefore always had too little time to fly), in spring I fulfil myself a dream and get a motion platform. I had already been able to test it at the manufacturer's, and in combination with VR glasses it is the ultimate flying experience...

In preparation for this, I am now thinking about upgrading or replacing my somewhat outdated but still good PC with a new one.

Last but not least, does an upgrade from 32GB to 64GB RAM with DCS still bring a noticeable increase in performance?

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback and support!

Cheers, MadMonty

Hi Monty,

Can you share some information about the motion platform? I'd eventually like to get this as well - it would be a nice addition to VR. 

Many thanks,

Derek

Hey Derek,

of course I can tell you something about it, even if it deviates from the actual topic of this thread.

I will have this beauty delivered in February:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQfUZEJRao

I will then build a slightly adapted version of the Monstertech rig on it.

As you can see, it's a very big man's toy 😎

Cheers, Monty

PS: Of course I will do a review of the motion plattform and the cockpit after everything is set up...

Edited by MadMonty
  • Like 1

Best DCS PC is the one you can afford, built with parts you can actually buy.

I built my rig at the beginning of the pandemic shortages months ago and was happy to be able to get not only some parts at all, but actually good parts. Landed a premium 750W PSU at a mostly reasonable price when very few PSUs were available at all. Same with the Motherboard. Saw the exact model I wanted become available for about $50 more than usual and grabbed it right away. Sure enough two days later there were none. Took me a good two months to get all the parts. And that's already having the GPU. The end result is I have a "good enough" rig. And that's good enough for me.

It's the same thing now. A 5600X, a 10700K, a 3800x, an i5-9600, it's all fine if you can afford it and have it delivered to your door. DCS will run well and you'll fly and have fun. 

On the other hand, a good AMD vs. Intel road rage head bashing can be entertaining. :bash:

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

For those living in the UK:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7GHz 6 Core (Socket AM4) CPU; £299.99. cclonline.com

Order.jpg

Best DCS PC is the one you can afford, built with parts you can actually buy.

I built my rig at the beginning of the pandemic shortages months ago and was happy to be able to get not only some parts at all, but actually good parts. Landed a premium 750W PSU at a mostly reasonable price when very few PSUs were available at all. Same with the Motherboard. Saw the exact model I wanted become available for about $50 more than usual and grabbed it right away. Sure enough two days later there were none. Took me a good two months to get all the parts. And that's already having the GPU. The end result is I have a "good enough" rig. And that's good enough for me.

It's the same thing now. A 5600X, a 10700K, a 3800x, an i5-9600, it's all fine if you can afford it and have it delivered to your door. DCS will run well and you'll fly and have fun. 

On the other hand, a good AMD vs. Intel road rage head bashing can be entertaining. 

:bash:

100% agreed.

I'm fade up with the "more is better" echo chamber, it looks like stats became a stamp for player's quality, the only reason for me to upgrade is because I need to get some quality gear for playing DCS in VR with my G2 and resonably good settings, not because it looks good on my P.C stats.

I shop around a lot, I don't stick to a particular provider, I have my usual one but I don't hesitate to purshase elsewhere if they don't have what I need or are more expensive, in this case, about more than £31 including priority postage which is a lot for me, it was a first with this provider.

Next, the GPU is going to take me month of saving but at the end of the day, it will be something I can afford, not the top of the top.

Edited by Thinder
  • Thanks 1

Just finished this build and about to test out DCS World. My Rig specs below.

MoBo Asus TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) / CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / GPU Asus TUF RTX3080 / RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 @ 3600MHz / V-NAND SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 / PSU Corsair RM750 / CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum / OS Win 10 :pilotfly: 

• 1 month later...

Hello Simmers,

this weekend I upgraded my computer. In this rig I switched the mainboard and CPU. I have installed a brand new ASRock Z590 Steel Legend and as CPU an Intel Core i5 10600K. Before I had a MSI B350 Tomahawk and AMD Ryzen5 2600X.

Here are my experience so far:

It's unbelievable! What a massive performance gain! On paper and benchmarks the Intel CPU is a little quicker, but not that huge.

In DCS I selected the same graphics settings as with the AMD-system. The hole sim "feels smoothly". No micro-sruttering anymore! No problems to hold at least 45 FPS with the HP Reverb G2!

In conclusion I can recommend everyone to an Intel-based computer. Somehow the game engine seems to run better on Intel than AMD.

No way back to AMD for me!

P.S.: Same result with Microsoft Flight Simulator!

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|